How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Overvaluation is real and rents are out of control but the issue is everyone wants to live “in the scene.” Everyone can’t live in NYC so you might have to scale back to a tier 2/3 city. Younger people don’t want that, they want to live on Spring st, but their bank account says otherwise. I’m 35, I might move in with my peoples so I can save up. I’m tired of paying 2K for a 1 bedroom

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I’m going through a divorce
Moving out in 2 months
The place I’m going is $1400 and super fly.
It’s not even finished being built yet.
It’s brand new, 1 bedroom, all major appliances included, wifi included, the roof has a terrace & a pool & a bar area, the building has a game room with foozball & billiards, a movie room with a projector screen, a gym but a serious gym with weights, bench press & a squat rack, also a kids room with some game park like structure and it’s own private outdoors area for walking & dinning.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Overvaluation is real and rents are out of control but the issue is everyone wants to live “in the scene.” Everyone can’t live in NYC so you might have to scale back to a tier 2/3 city. Younger people don’t want that, they want to live on Spring st, but their bank account says otherwise. I’m 35, I might move in with my peoples so I can save up. I’m tired of paying 2K for a 1 bedroom

youre forgetting about the millions of Young people who are actually from NY, (and other major cities). Not the ones just moving to it for fun.

So they should leave their families, friends, entire social networks, connections etc just to afford a place to sleep?

the previous generations didn’t have to make that decision, it’s wack.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
:ohhh: Do you have proof of this?

I legit thought this was a low key Chinese plot but Russia makes more sense.
It's both. I'm involved in real estate, most of these housing companies are literally money washing schemes. When I look them up, looking for internet information, you see last names like Pekerov and Moslov and shyt like that for contact information. I've dealt with 4 different companies, they all involved names like that. I have yet to see Asian names listed for contacts, and I know China has been doing the shyt too.

Maybe not much in Michigan as far as Asians, MI and metro Detroit is probably the cheapest to RENT in the country right now.

I just seen a 3 bedroom, in an ok area, house fully updated, for only 800 a month. Houses across 8 mile, 3 floor and 3 bedroom, are only going for 1200 a month.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m going through a divorce
Moving out in 2 months
The place I’m going is $1400 and super fly.
It’s not even finished being built yet.
It’s brand new, 1 bedroom, all major appliances included, wifi included, the roof has a terrace & a pool & a bar area, the building has a game room with foozball & billiards, a movie room with a projector screen, a gym but a serious gym with weights, bench press & a squat rack, also a kids room with some game park like structure and it’s own private outdoors area for walking & dinning.

Sounds like alot for a one bedroom. But the clubhouse sounde nice.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I live in NJ. Rent is $900/mo. 1-br., 4 blocks from the ocean, park across the street, can commute to NYC in 45 minutes via train.

Area is being gentrified like crazy so this probably won't last much longer as there are $1 Million/mo. condos being built all around me.​

:manny:

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Rent is rising everywhere but not at the crazy rates we see in the desirable cities. Sorry but people are going to have to move to places were the prices are more reasonable. Everyone can't live in NYC, LA, San Diego, Miami, or any other desirable city, more people with more money are moving to those places. Yall really thought everyone wanting to move to Atlanta or Houston wasn't going to affect prices eventually?? There are plenty of nice places in the midwest, middle America and places in the south that will have more affordable rent.

Last edited: