How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Was the same issue for me 09-12 which was “college years” and 12-now shyt just been getting worse so this has been an issue just EVEN more noticeable now as other costs are rising too..1200 for a 2 bedroom was the average out here in 09-12 and a college student making 10-12 an hour couldn’t afford that then without struggle so nothing changed just getting worse

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
my older cousins, siblings, etc were living the young single fun life back in the 2000s for like $700-900 a month while just working retail jobs or other low earning nonprofessional occupations, now its my turn and we have to cough up damn near $2000 a month to live respectably. :gucci:

I’m in New York, the DIRTIEST crappiest oldest apartments are starting for $1600. That may/may not include pests, water issues, noise, impossible parking etc.

I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.

2 bedroom apt with 7 other people in the sovereign territory of the Dyckman region.

it’s gonna suck breh. But the Coli will be here for you.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

:ohhh: Do you have proof of this?

I legit thought this was a low key Chinese plot but Russia makes more sense.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Not gonna lie, had I not been living with my dad saving hella money to be able to afford a down payment on a house…I would more than likely be in an apartment unable to even save enough for trying to close on a house. It’s hard af these days.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know a lot of people that did not move out on they own until they were 30. It sucks that people have to live at home or with a room mate to have some housing over their heads, especially in your 20s. Shout out to any of you posters that are in the 20s that are out on your own in this day of age.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
It won’t be addressed. I feel sorry for Gen z tbh. I thought my Gen had it bad, but things are looking very bleak for a lot of younger people—rent, gas, and groceries are getting expensive. Even in the south, the col has gotten bigger.

I’m glad that i’ve set my son up with a few financial accounts so that when he’s in his twenties he has plenty of money to use toward housing, college, etc.

I guess even you can’t have it all :( .