How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When white ppl get mad about it that's when things change

White people in this country will never revolt in favor of progressive policies that will benefit people that don't look like them. And any revolution initiated by white people in this country is going be meshed with racial hatred and animosity. They're too far gone socially to reconcile with the fact that this is a multiracial democracy in which everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. They much rather go back to the 1950s than to forge a new beginning with their non-white counterparts. That's what Trumpism is about. Its about going back to the days of overt white supremacy as a solution to decades of failed neo liberal policies.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
White people in this country will never revolt in favor of progressive policies that will benefit people that don't look like them. And any revolution initiated by white people in this country is going be meshed with racial hatred and animosity. They're too far gone socially to reconcile with the fact that this is a multiracial democracy in which everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. They much rather go back to the 1950s than to forge a new beginning with their non-white counterparts. That's what Trumpism is about. Its about going back to the days of overt white supremacy as a solution to decades of failed neo liberal policies.

Facts..."Make America Great Again" literally refers to pre-Civil Rights/Jim Crow era American Policy which benefited white America....

We have to realize no one is coming to our aid, education and entrepreneurship is the only way out.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to save everyone....

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is exactly what I'm talking about and its big facts.

I've said it on here before: White people generally don't teach their children the history of this country. If they did, once their kids became of age, they'd be like "Hold up...I'm only in this position because my ancestors enslaved anyone that did'nt look like them and marginalized everyone else?? WTF!!!"

What they do is tell their kids "Treat everyone the same" "Don't use stereotypes" "Don't be racist"

Yes that's all well and good but these ideas do not exist in a vacuum, and your place in life does'nt mean that other people aren't doing "enough" to get themselves ahead.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
It's been that way for a decade now. Why would they do something now when they didn't care before?

Thank you....Recession 2008....fukk the people...save the banks and fukk the people....

Pandemic 2020 - now..."Here some funky ass 2000 dollars for the people but we will give trillions to corporations/banks again...."

Government does not care about us

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Two. And I'm not oblivious or blind to recognize that it would be 2-3 times as more difficult to make the same moves in TODAY environment.

When I bought my place I didn't have 100k student loan debt thereby impacting what I can afford, homes were not 400k+ on average, it was not a climate where I had to bid against multiple billion dollar investment firms who were buying up whole neighborhoods.

If you can't see how much more difficult it is today especially since wage increases have not been anywhere near the same rate as COL increase then you are just wilfully ignoring what's going on.

But as long as you got yours you can just keep calling Gen Z lazy I guess:yeshrug:

So are you gonna answer my questions now or still act obtuse?

Thats not happening everywhere though. Definitely not happening like that on the southside of Chicago. Plenty homes for sale at decent prices. But living in a urban community is probably beneath a lot of posters here though. So I encourage all of you to seek out half million dollar homes in the burbs if thats your desire.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
My cuzzo is 31 and just moved out of his dad's crib in the Bay. He's rooming with his boss and a coworker, the rent is 4k a month and he pays around a grand after splitting it, with the boss paying the most. He lucked up though because the boss is only there 2 times a week since he travels a lot for work. I think the boss is in his 40s too

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
If you live in a liberal city like Austin property taxes increase annually thus corporate landlords will increase the rent to see the same return or better.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
My cuzzo is 31 and just moved out of his dad's crib in the Bay. He's rooming with his boss and a coworker, the rent is 4k a month and he pays around a grand after splitting it, with the boss paying the most. He lucked up though because the boss is only there 2 times a week since he travels a lot for work. I think the boss is in his 40s too
Living with your boss is awkward tho

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
basically like 70% of my social group is still with parents, but I mean you don’t see how jacked up that is? I remember growing up, a 27 yr old still at home was almost UNHEARD of and instantly meant something was really wrong with his ambition or something.

now it’s almost the norm and is sad, people having to spend their entire youthful 20’s living like teenagers still. Whether its the smart thing or not. The previous generations got to fully enjoy their era’s of life
Church, tabernacle :wow:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Lol at paying 1500 for a one-bedroom to live in The Bronx. You might as well get a remote job and live in Puerto Rico. I went to the movies on 42nd to see Batman late show and stopped in Harlem and got off like a stop before The South Bronx, this is around 11:00 pm on a Friday, train is packed with people arguing about their bags touching people, about to fight, loud reggatone playing :camby:

My fam has a house and left me the house as they are moving to Long Island, but yea it's rough out here. I'm looking into doordash or something as I'm studying for certs, and have a full-time and trying to get remote helpdesk part time. I've also resulted to gambling just for some extra cash as well. Considering going to St.Lucia for a month or 2 since I'm remote to save bread