How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Is there a way to determine how many homes are owned by investors vs. actual citizens/residents?

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
I said what I (me) had to do to take care of what I needed to do..
Yeah, you did.

Also, these same young people I talk to NEVER want to let me see how they spend their money. It seems like the money thats being made isn't enough to cover a lifestyle that they desire.

Oh, so now it's seemingly an issue of living beyond your means?

What part of this is not sustainable do you not understand?

Hence why in my previous reply, I said that soon even 2 jobs won't be enough.

The bottom line is that the current generation and onward are going to be working at least 2x as hard for resources that were easier to acquire previously and no that's not okay and no that's not normal.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

Do you think this is an issue of laziness?

Apparently, you don't seem to understand that soon even 2 jobs won't be enough which is already ridiculous, to begin with.

Get your cert game up or market a skill you have. Uncle Sam, Wal-Mart, or Fortune 500 company isn't going to save you. We gotta save ourselves....

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
House prices fluctuate. I remember when houses was expensive back in 2004 and tanked in 2007. This same thing also happened in the 80s.
"expensive" back in 2004 was 220k avg price for a house

Do you understand what fluctuate means?

It's been 15 years of no "fluctuation" since 07. Just 15 years of going straight up is "fluctuating" to you? :what:

Where is the tanking?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What fear am I in with multiple properties and enough disposable income to auto-transfer at least 1K a week into savings and investments?
The people who sound like they're in constant fear are those who are worrying about rent in a city they apparently can't afford to live in.
I'm just giving REAL solutions to real problems. I have no idea what yall doing besides complaining and hoping for a miracle

Thats what it sounds like to me also. Im seriously at a loss because they see other people with possessions and they assume they living it up. Not knowing they're deep in debt and living check to check as well.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"expensive" back in 2004 was 220k avg price for a house

Do you understand what fluctuate means?

It's been 15 years of no "fluctuation" since 07. Just 15 years of going straight up is "fluctuating" to you? :what:

Where is the tanking?

Do you own a house?

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Shout out to everyone still living with parents :salute:

I'm still living with my mom and paid off the house mortgage back in 2017. Only thing we worry about is utility bills and annual property tax.

Plus, mom doesn't mind when I bring some p*ssy back home to swim in.:mjlit:

You didn't have to include this part breh but congrats on the (lack of) mortgage

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
These investment companiees are trying to get their "inventory" of available homes up for sale/rent. The margins are so much better than the stock market. Easy lick.

my neighborhood converted to a POA from an HOA last year to combat this. Limit the investor owned property in our subdivision.

what is POA?

I've mentioned this in other threads, but they been trying to convert ya'll to perpetual renters.

also most cities are zoned where they cannot build affordable housing. mostly only single family housing which is not affordable for a lot of people.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
what is POA?

I've mentioned this in other threads, but they been trying to convert ya'll to perpetual renters.

also most cities are zoned where they cannot build affordable housing. mostly only single family housing which is not affordable for a lot of people.
In NYC what they do is build huge condos with like 1 or 2 affordable units and the rest are wildly crazy rents that no reasonable person who is born and raised here could afford

This causes displacement and gentrification, which is why we now have white people in previously Black dominant neighborhoods in Brooklyn claiming to speak for the community and telling them what they want and what they "need"

And these whites are the "progressives" that claim not to see race or are not racist when they literally only exist because as white people, they benefited from things like redlining and the crack era which destroyed the Black community and Black wealth.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
what is POA?

POA has a lot more power than a traditional HOA. HOAs are limited to residential while POA has power over residential AND business. In our neighborhood, it allowed us to set a limit on investment property in the subdivision.