How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Sorry--I'm 33--if you don't have your parents or grandparents paying for/putting a down payment on a home, you ass'd out til the next crash...and the housing market WILL crash
:russell:when

nikkas been saying a crash was coming since before covid

Then a housing market crash was definitely coming the year of covid. Then after the moratoriums were lifted. Now we 2 years after covid still waiting on this mythical crash

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
yeah until eventually nobody is left to pay
Re-watch this again

One company buying 800 homes a month. That's just one, not even an American company too. There are other companies even bigger than this one doing the same thing. These corporations got DEEP pockets. There will always be someone willing to pay

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
fukking govt need to step in and make corps sell the houses back... and prevent them from buying them again

yeah, these cock suckers below have purchased everything

High Quality Rental Homes in Great School Districts | Progress Residential®

Therockj14

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is fire. I did an entire financial plan for budgeting over the weekend, and rent in NYC costs more than half of my paycheck. I'm making decent money in a two-year development program in finance. When the program is over, I want to apply to other cities. There will be less competition for jobs, and it will be more affordable to live. Why stay here? Knicks tickets cost $500 for halfway decent seats and a losing team. I'm reading a book called What got you here won't get you there and How successful people get more successful—the part about stacking the odds in your favor that successful people do hit home. Better paying jobs in New York have an overwhelming number of applications, and on top of that, you have to deal with the stress of paying more than you can afford in rent. That's absurd. You can't get the time back and save money before retirement. It won't grow. You need to stack the odds in your favor. I'll stay with the same company, but work and live somewhere else.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also a lot of this can be eased if people made some new fukking cities/populated different ones instead packing into the same expensive ass cities like sardines.

we can’t even maintain the infrastructure in the cities we have.

China builds new city’s. China also has an extensive high speed rail which is all but non existent in the U.S. some massive changes are needed in this country before city’s start sprouting from the dirt

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
My shyt only going up $40 :whew:

My neighbors dipped out quick as shyt on the 1st and had me shook :russ:

$1240 for a one BR in Houston btw

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies

China builds new city’s. China also has an extensive high speed rail which is all but non existent in the U.S. some massive changes are needed in this country before city’s start sprouting from the dirt
I thought I read somewhere the rail infrastructure there is getting stressed and they make a lot of new cities with debt to boost gdp but use very poor materials

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I read somewhere the rail infrastructure there is getting stressed and they make a lot of new cities with debt to boost gdp but use very poor materials
Its worse than that.

The "new cities" in china are pretty much a scam. They build big impressive looking buildings in the middle of nowhere and finesse overseas investors to buy into them, then use that money to make the next building. Its a gigantic ponzi scheme

mykey

Superstar
Daps

This. The world's longest and largest High Speed Rail system built in only 15 years. America is richer than China, why can't it be done?

The car culture is not sustainable.

6hyb2m58wv581.jpg