How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You're absolutely right...however the companies like TriCon and Blackstone are pushing the idea that Millenials and Gen Z don't WANT to own homes or property and are content living rent check to rent check as long as their needs (nightlife, work from home, good schools, low crime) are met.

Versus

I watched this entire story on 60 minutes via youtube last week. it's quite disturbing if you're someone looking to become a homeowner.

also, all ya'll folks who thought the south was ya'll safe haven, notice, that they are buying up all the fukking homes in the southern cities ya'll flock to.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
POA has a lot more power than a traditional HOA. HOAs are limited to residential while POA has power over residential AND business. In our neighborhood, it allowed us to set a limit on investment property in the subdivision.

I did not know this. chicago doesn't have HOA's unless u live in a condo or in some suburbs. but most suburbs don't have HOA's either.

it's unheard of to find gated communities or HOA's in the actual city on a residential block.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I watched this entire story on 60 minutes via youtube last week. it's quite disturbing if you're someone looking to become a homeowner.

also, all ya'll folks who thought the south was ya'll safe haven, notice, that they are buying up all the fukking homes in the southern cities ya'll flock to.

Red States aren't for Black folk and should be treated as Klan country...

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
On top of that, these landowners/capitalists got nikkas blaming Chinese and Russians. You can't make this shyt up
:mjlol:
To be fair, the Chinese and Russians own a significant part of NYC real estate and a lot of these units are either empty or are unused

Meanwhile, there are thousands living on the street or in the Subway, or just in danger of losing their homes/apartments.

So fauxgressives (usually whites) clamor "We need more housing!!!" when really the only people that will be moving into that housing are well off white people with disposable income because they are the only people that could possibly afford those units.

The real estate developers that build that housing? 25 year tax abatements so they're all about it

Meanwhile, anyone (usually Blacks) in that neighborhood or area will slowly but surely be pushed out because they can no longer afford to live there or just don't have the employment opportunities that would allow them to build wealth or maintain income levels to sustain themselves.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
House prices fluctuate. I remember when houses was expensive back in 2004 and tanked in 2007. This same thing also happened in the 80s.
"Crash" might be hyperbole so I'll use the term "correction" but that's what I'm waiting for.

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crash might be hyperbole you'll I use the term "correction" but that's what I'm waiting for.

I'll go with correction. With my own eyes I've seen homes in my area swing $80k +/- over 15 years. During that time period people were living in homes that wasn't worth the mortgage value, to now having positive equity.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Do you own a house?
Two. And I'm not oblivious or blind to recognize that it would be 2-3 times as more difficult to make the same moves in TODAY environment.

When I bought my place I didn't have 100k student loan debt thereby impacting what I can afford, homes were not 400k+ on average, it was not a climate where I had to bid against multiple billion dollar investment firms who were buying up whole neighborhoods.

If you can't see how much more difficult it is today especially since wage increases have not been anywhere near the same rate as COL increase then you are just wilfully ignoring what's going on.

But as long as you got yours you can just keep calling Gen Z lazy I guess:yeshrug:

So are you gonna answer my questions now or still act obtuse?