How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
Wait until they drop the salaries/ Don't raise wages because everyone's working remote in Low cost of living cities

:wow:
Yeah they doing this now… also raising home values to new high so they can tax them to death. They did that in 2007-2009 too. Obvious what they trying to do to us.

we about to see people living with a lot of room mates to make ends meet.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Living with your boss is awkward tho
I know a nikka living with his boss and was also smashing brehs sister. We lost touch a few years ago but breh was stressed put about them getting married...that meant he'd had to live with them or move which he couldn't afford:francis:

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Trades, STEM...the only answers or if you have a skill that you can monetize (cutting hair, teaching, playing music, etc).

One income isn't going go do it in the 21st century and beyond...
My whole thing is that if prices go up with no end in sight then the majority of people can’t even rely on those second incomes consistently to cope. Cause eventually, you’ll need 3-4, there is no cap that’s a big issue.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I lived in Iowa for a year. Lived in Lansing MI for 6 months, Toledo OH for 6 months

Get out your comfort zone. When you get older you'll wish you had that foresight to see opportunities that people don't see, which gives you advantages in life

Your little homies you wanna make "bonds and memories with" won't be helping you create a better life in the future

Some of the realest shyt and best advice I’ve EVER seen posted on this board.
:wow:

This is good game, and I know from experience. I’ve lived in places like New Mexico to seize opportunities and I’m blessed today (financially, spiritually, and family wise) because of it. I’ve owned multiple homes during my process of relocating too. I can pack up and live virtually anywhere now due to this, but I’m going to settle where I’m currently at for a little while because my children need more stability.

@igottabaldhead and other younger brehs need to soak up this game and at least consider advice like this. Yeah, you can complain (rightfully so) about how fukked up things are, but times are only going to become more difficult. This Western Society doesn’t give a fukk about your complaints or feelings though. We have to evolve, maneuver, and adapt to get ahead.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Trades, STEM...the only answers or if you have a skill that you can monetize (cutting hair, teaching, playing music, etc).

One income isn't going go do it in the 21st century and beyond...

Yeah, bloodshed will happen and random societal upsets will break this aka The Great Resignation, random violence against policy makers, and so on.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
My whole thing is that if prices go up with no end in sight then the majority of people can’t even rely on those second incomes consistently to cope. Cause eventually, you’ll need 3-4, there is no cap that’s a big issue.

We aren't going to be around for that or in a position to do anything about it when that happens...All we can do is teach the next gen skills that will give them an edge down the line. Retail work isn't going to save anyone..

Yeah, bloodshed will happen and random societal upsets will break this aka The Great Resignation, random violence against policy makers, and so on.

Pandemic happened and nothing...this revolutionary angle isn't going to pop off...

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
We're going to end up being forced to migrate towards Billings Montana & North Dakota:mjcry:

the financial system is the same there as anywhere else

there needs to be a wholesale country-wide restructuring of society, specifically the financial sector (FIRE sector).

Luckily this is going to happen whether the American people want it or not due to the massive international financial shift in motion right now in the eastern hemisphere.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Lol at paying 1500 for a one-bedroom to live in The Bronx. You might as well get a remote job and live in Puerto Rico. I went to the movies on 42nd to see Batman late show and stopped in Harlem and got off like a stop before The South Bronx, this is around 11:00 pm on a Friday, train is packed with people arguing about their bags touching people, about to fight, loud reggatone playing :camby:

My fam has a house and left me the house as they are moving to Long Island, but yea it's rough out here. I'm looking into doordash or something as I'm studying for certs, and have a full-time and trying to get remote helpdesk part time. I've also resulted to gambling just for some extra cash as well. Considering going to St.Lucia for a month or 2 since I'm remote to save bread
How are you dissing people who live in the BX, when your own situation is fukked? What would you do if that family situation never panned out?

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
It’s bizarre to see young professionals with good careers shacking up in barely decent spots.

You practically need 2 incomes to qualify for a house now. Then there’s property taxes even after paying the mortgage.

if you’re single you can only really rent. The closer to work the higher the rent. The further away from work, the more time spent on gas and commuting. And rent goes up each year. You’re at the mercy of the increase every 12 months.

So you decide to move to bumfukk nowhere, USA but bumfukk nowhere has lesser paying jobs and less of a social scene to distract yourself from the void that is the American experience

So u get married but now you can’t move as often or freely as you used to because now u gotta check in with your spouse when a great opportunity 2,000 miles away pops up. She might disagree let alone point out the kids sigh

The game is rigged man

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It’s bizarre to see young professionals with good careers shacking up in barely decent spots.

You practically need 2 incomes to qualify for a house now. Then there’s property taxes even after paying the mortgage.

if you’re single you can only really rent. The closer to work the higher the rent. The further away from work, the more time spent on gas and commuting. And rent goes up each year. You’re at the mercy of the increase every 12 months.

So you decide to move to bumfukk nowhere, USA but bumfukk nowhere has lesser paying jobs and less of a social scene to distract yourself from the void that is the American experience

So u get married but now you can’t move as often or freely as you used to because now u gotta check in with your spouse when a great opportunity 2,000 miles away pops up. She might disagree let alone point out the kids sigh

The game is rigged man

Best to live close in the burbs near a major city, and only travel to the city 2 times a week for work. So that way, you not paying $500 a month on gas and $200 on tolls.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

The game is rigged man
One thing i will point out is you can often get a mortgage lower than what you would pay for rent.

My ex girlfriend moved to an apartment exactly 1 mile away from my house 4 years ago. She started out paying a little over $1,275 for her rent not including water, electricity, etc. Over the years the rent has increased to over $1,600. That is more than i'm paying for mortgage, taxes and insurance less than a mile away.

I'm telling you guys if you can focus on what's important you can find a property that will cost you less on a monthly basis than what you pay in rent in a lot of places. I used to not believe it until i did it. And yes i understand the real-estate market is ass right now for a buyer (I'm currently shopping around and can see how bad it is) but again you have to dig in and focus on what is important rather than the bells and whistles and conveniences and just be patient as you reap the benefits later

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
We're going to end up being forced to migrate towards Billings Montana & North Dakota:mjcry:

And then when we get those places popping and prices start to pick up these just move dikkheads are gonna be singing the same songs rather than joining us in protest for new affordable housing and zoning policies, because they got their's. They worked two little ho ass 18 /hr jobs to get their houses why can't y'all move somewhere affordable and do the same. :francis:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.
Agree but its bigger than Russia.

American financial firms are contributing to this and the Chinese were an accelerant. Russians are an afterthought compared to the TRILLIONS given out to subsidize banks in 2020 and in turn they used that money to buy up houses to drive up rent. You're stuck footing the bill for inflation they created. This was all a part of the plan from 1%ers from all over the world.

Last edited:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Save as much as you can which I know can be hard for many at this time. The goal should be home ownership.