How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also a lot of this can be eased if people made some new fukking cities/populated different ones instead packing into the same expensive ass cities like sardines.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Some of the realest shyt and best advice I’ve EVER seen posted on this board.
:wow:

This is good game, and I know from experience. I’ve lived in places like New Mexico to seize opportunities and I’m blessed today (financially, spiritually, and family wise) because of it. I’ve owned multiple homes during my process of relocating too. I can pack up and live virtually anywhere now due to this, but I’m going to settle where I’m currently at for a little while because my children need more stability.

@igottabaldhead and other younger brehs need to soak up this game and at least consider advice like this. Yeah, you can complain (rightfully so) about how fukked up things are, but times are only going to become more difficult. This Western Society doesn’t give a fukk about your complaints or feelings though. We have to evolve, maneuver, and adapt to get ahead.

100%, it's a shame alot of people don't get this. Capitalism been around since what, the 1500s, and we out here still shell shocked on how the System works. There are no emotions in this system. If you're not willing to adapt, learn, and think 10 steps ahead, you would be left in the dust with no fukks given

Traveling/Relocation is by far the easiest and attainable way to get ahead

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
How are you dissing people who live in the BX, when your own situation is fukked? What would you do if that family situation never panned out?

I'm just throwing borough banter because there's always the friendly beef between BX and Brooklyn. To your point, Im not paying 1500 to live in Flatbush either to hear drill and West Indian gospel

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get your cert game up or market a skill you have. Uncle Sam, Wal-Mart, or Fortune 500 company isn't going to save you. We gotta save ourselves....
It's nice to say these type platitudes in a vacuum but a society needs janitors, retail associates, construction workers etc to function just as much as any tradesman. Pricing them out of life then just telling people to get their bread up isn't changing the problem, its likely just exasperating it. I'd say thats the exact nature of the beast right now.

People let inflation eat up the low wage workers then wonder why all these kids want to be rappers, social media influencers and youtubers now.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The Chinese are buying up everything. They’re so gully that they’ll demo the old house and build a new one. shyt is happening in a lot of places they populate here in Queens.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They won't.

It's a dog eat dog world.

If you won't/can't pay it, someone else will.

Sad but that's the world. Everybody's tryna make a buck and ppl above them are asking for more of that buck. So hence things go up.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They won't.

It's a dog eat dog world.

If you won't/can't pay it, someone else will.

Sad but that's the world. Everybody's tryna make a buck and ppl above them are asking for more of that buck. So hence things go up.

And if people rebel and start robbing/harming others to get by?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's nice to say these type platitudes in a vacuum but a society needs janitors, retail associates, construction workers etc to function just as much as any tradesman. Pricing them out of life then just telling people to get their bread up isn't changing the problem, its likely just exasperating it. I'd say thats the exact nature of the beast right now.

People let inflation eat up the low wage workers then wonder why all these kids want to be rappers, social media influencers and youtubers now.

Or wonder why those ESSENTIAL jobs are left vacant for years on end.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
that's what happens when you choose to live in a overpopulated shythole like ny op. move somewhere with a lower COL.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.

Sorry--I'm 33--if you don't have your parents or grandparents paying for/putting a down payment on a home, you ass'd out til the next crash...and the housing market WILL crash

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
here's a documentary talking about the rent crisis in canada.

one family been renting the same crib for 11 years and then the landlord hits them and says they gotta move out in 4 months so he can fix up the crib and sell it. and unfortunately, this is the type of situation that can occur when u put the fate of your housing status in a landlord's hand :francis:

Last edited: