How we liking the new World Heavyweight Championship?

How you liking it?

• It's nice

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • I'll get used to it

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Horrible, just bring back big gold

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Another thing

If this ends up with Cody chasing the WHC, what a waste of a story and further proves that Cody should’ve won at Mania.

Cody should get drafted to SmackDown.

CAWdy "finishes the story" by winning a made up belt in Saudi Arabia
full

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
So are they just going to retire one of the other belts because this makes zero sense. Maybe he enters the tournament and loses during the finals, but they really fukked themselves by giving Roman carte blanche to do whatever. It's interesting and I'm sure a lot of people will watch, but this feels like a Cody and to a lesser extent, Brock choice.

The Universal Title will have to be retired

Honestly it should be retired at Night of Champions with Roman reaching 1000 days as Universal Champion because what do you do with the Universal Title after that? Roman can continue his reign as WWE Champion until he drops it to probably Cody at SummerSlam.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Yeah it's becoming obvious they barely got anything to offer other than the bloodline story. So they'll just drop another less meaningful title to somebody while they keep Roman go way above 1000 days as a champion.

There's NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs for those rednecks. What is WWE doing? Roman on vacation while Matt fukking Riddle fukking up best part of the show :mjlol:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I’m not mad at it though. If the brands are doing a hard split, it makes sense for each brand to have a championship… and I get why some of y’all saying it’s a consolation prize lol. I don’t see it that way because that assumes Roman is literally going to die with his titles or something. It’s a short sighted reaction. Someone on whatever brand Roman ends up on is going to obviously beat him at some point and it will be glorious.. the other brand shouldn’t have to suffer until that happens though.

That’s my opinion. I don’t really have strong thoughts on this shyt like that honestly. It’s scripted fighting on a tv show man, not that deep. People overthinking it. I’m more concerned with the lakers being up 3-1

:blessed:

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
The Universal Title will have to be retired

Honestly it should be retired at Night of Champions with Roman reaching 1000 days as Universal Champion because what do you do with the Universal Title after that? Roman can continue his reign as WWE Champion until he drops it to probably Cody at SummerSlam.
I guess from reading the description, it seems like this new world heavyweight championship will be defended more often. You can't do that with Brock, maybe Theory or Bobby since they seem to be regular performers. You can book Cody to win, but that means they'll probably run into the same issue if they have him beat Roman at Summerslam. It just seems odd all-around and was probably something they didn't of until a few months ago.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
The first champion will be crowned at Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia on May 27. So yes it is vacant. No details yet on how or who or if they are continuing the lineage of the WHC they created in 2002.

It’s obvious it’s going to be a new lineage just like the universal title in 2016

They could’ve waited because once this draft happens the rosters will be separate again (COVID ruined a lot ) between Fox and USA

Keep Roman as WWE Universal with one belt and who ever wins this one with the one

The last few years across every division has had multiple “undisputed” champs and we almost had another double belt triple threat at Wrestlemania

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I’m not mad at it though. If the brands are doing a hard split, it makes sense for each brand to have a championship… and I get why some of y’all saying it’s a consolation prize lol. I don’t see it that way because that assumes Roman is literally going to die with his titles or something. It’s a short sighted reaction. Someone on whatever brand Roman ends up on is going to will obviously beat him at some point and it’ll be glorious.. the other brand shouldn’t have to suffer until that happens though.

That’s my opinion. I don’t really have strong thoughts on this shyt like that honestly. It’s scripted fighting on a tv show man, not that deep. People overthinking it. I’m more concerned with the lakers being up 3-1

:blessed:
Exactly. There's better entertainment to watch right now than WWE and they are struggling to come up with something exciting.
It used to be one raw title, one smackdown title. A third title means one of those will have a less significant meaning.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It used to be one raw title, one smackdown title.

I think that’s what’s happening. I’m certain the undisputed title will be its own thing now. Merge into one title, like it did when the original brand split happened

I think y’all reacting prematurely lmao it’s been a day. Let’s wait until we at least see Roman again and figure out how we’re even getting to a title match

At this point all we know is a title exists, and nikkas already writing think pieces. Goddamn b

:russ:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think it’s dumb as fukk to have two “world” champions because it never makes the guy “THE” guy. But it’s funny as hell because 90% of y’all were begging for the belts to be split again. Y’all just like to bytch for the sake of bytching
For the past year mf’s been complaining it’s stupid for Roman to be the only champ and that each brand should have their own heavyweight champion again, so they finally do it and these mf’s still complaining. :heh:

That’s exactly why Vince always ended up doing whatever he thought was best because in the end you can never make the marks happy.

There’s always been champs that have been looked at as “2nd best”. Christian when Cena was champ, Jeff Hardy when Orton was champ, JBL when whoever was champ, etc.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It’s obvious it’s going to be a new lineage just like the universal title in 2016

They could’ve waited because once this draft happens the rosters will be separate again (COVID ruined a lot ) between Fox and USA

Keep Roman as WWE Universal with one belt and who ever wins this one with the one

The last few years across every division has had multiple “undisputed” champs and we almost had another double belt triple threat at Wrestlemania
It's still a toss up in my mind on the lineage because it has the exact same name as the old WHC title. So on the their titles history page it will show two WHC title histories. A tad bit confusing but that's why we have to wait and see what they do. It could go either way honestly.

Remember they actually unified the IC with the WHC at one time, thus retiring it but when they brought it back they continued it's lineage. :yeshrug: