How on earth is "Man of Steel" considered a bad movie???

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I think it says something that this is easily the most debated comic book movie ever. I remember the official thread for this movie was super active for years:mjlol:

Honestly. these clowns cant stop talking about it.. they hate it so much but keep talking about it.. most discussed cbm ever.. endgame broke records and aint seen one soul talk about it.. dikkheads aint stop talking about MOS since it dropped

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
What's better Man of Steel or Aquaman?
I give Aquaman the edge. :yeshrug:

I have to watch both again, I've seen MOS plenty times but not in the last 2 years and I only saw Aquaman once.

Aquaman was a fukkin blast, didn't expect to have so much fun watching it.

MOS is easily Snyder's best film after 300. Russel crow and general zod had oscar worthy performances and the hand Zimmer soundtrack was :ohlawd:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
My biggest problem with it was trying too hard to do a realistic and more depressing version of the Superman story. Superman by nature is a bright, vibrant and corny character, embracing the nature of his story and character while being modern was the way to go. Instead it was weird, depressing, and confusing coming of age story that too formulaic and boring imo. I would’ve flipped the script of Clark Kent/Superman dynamic. I would’ve had Clark as the cocky, young hotshot reporter competing against Lois and Superman as the mild mannered hero. It would be cool to see Clark show off his reporting skills while using it to beat Luthor or Zodd. Also, the Kents should’ve been encouraging of his abilities and where came from in the comics, but teaching him to master it. Not wishing washy nonsense on not using his powers at all.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Movie dragged...and Clark's pops dying was dumb asf....but considering Jonathan was just a small minded farm cac from the middle of nowhere its not that unbelievable he would be all about hiding family secrets from the world at all costs

But once the action and story picks up its the shyt.
Zod was the shyt

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Honestly. these clowns cant stop talking about it.. they hate it so much but keep talking about it.. most discussed cbm ever.. endgame broke records and aint seen one soul talk about it.. dikkheads aint stop talking about MOS since it dropped
1/3 of the Batman V Superman thread is debate about Man of Steel. Say whatever you want to say about this film, nikkas care about it a lot. The day you see me arguing for years about Thor: The Dark World, y'all will know I was murked and someone took over my screenname:deadmanny:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
1/3 of the Batman V Superman thread is debate about Man of Steel. Say whatever you want to say about this film, nikkas care about it a lot. The day you see me arguing for years about Thor: The Dark World, y'all will know I was murked and someone took over my screenname:deadmanny:
I remember those days. I used to go in on nikkas :pachaha:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I loved it. If done right, a proper Superman movie would be Avengers level in terms of spectacle. It's just that Batman is the one DC wants to push but he's limited as far as what he can do. I mean Superman dealing with a Darkseid level villain would be printing money.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Superman never has a goal.

He never attacks or proactively goes after anyone and he has super hearing, xray vision etc.
He just waits till someone does something.
Plus does not even survey the world to be preemptive.

That is also a reason why superman has a dwindling draw in this age.
As he is and has always been passive. The only thing supes cares about is Lois and this movie illustrated and in bvs reiterated why he is only about Lois above all.
Till faced with the sudden ideal of acting instead of thinking resulting in his death via doomsday. Which the same situation is illustrated when he finally kills zod in mos.
Which also was explained an never explained in original comic book damaging continuity as well.

[this is illustrated in marvel via spidey mentally showing doc ock that to be a hero you act and don't worry about the results to you if you are a great hero and selfless. If people want an illustration of thus in another universe coming into play in another fukked up property jn marvel ]

To the point this entire dcu universe has been.
to try to fix all the issues instituted over the year in error to Supes, batman and the dcu universe that make it so confusing and oft outing to any and everyone.

I think people are forgetting superman is the most damaged gateway property.
While also being america's largest gateway property.
Coupled with the moral center in characterization of America and how it has been manipulated and ruined over the years, as well.

Art Barr

Actually superman also in conflict with batman is written to be an evil dictator. To deflect away from the fact Bruce as a billionaire needs the entire world in disarray with no real resolution.
As a real resolution would also hurt the ability of Bruce to remain a billionaire as well. As a billionaire like Bruce thrives on the disarray and lack of resolution to churn a profit. As this factor is written out in general.
When bats and Supes get into it. Where Supes is made the de facto dictator. When in reality Bruce is really apart of the issues superman when written wrongly as the villain is trying to solve.
Plus, is even glossed over in injustice. To make Supes the defacto villain.
When the real content is Bruce does not want Supes to rule.
As Supes would ruin the very profitability of Bruce and every capital driven person, who work to keep the ideals of Carnegie and Frick alive. Or you are a slave to the top percent. Like we are all here to be the slaves of people with capital and continuing their agenda to revenue grab.

As Supes kills joker as he should. [as batman keeps joker alive and joker has shown to be able to hurt people that he can control them psychologically despite the most harshest if abuse via harley quinn]Yet batman still wants to see the survival of people who are mentally ill.
so he can churn a profit. Hidden behind the veil of fake morality. Which is also hidden in essence and the reasoning of the creation of the comic code at its core as well.
Prolific posting.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Comic book geeks tried to ruin this movie

“Superman wouldn’t do this”

stfu. Newsflash a$$holes Superman is not real. The writers can make him what they want. shyt not based on a true story. I could give a fukk what’s “cannon”. I just want the movie to be good. And MOS was a damn good movie

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
'Can't stop talking about it', posted in a thread that was inactive since 2017.:skip:

A thread started by someone defending the movie, not hating on it. :skip:

Reupped now by someone who also liked the movie, not someone hating on it. :skip:

Who's really trying to convince who here?

Movie still trash!

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I liked it a lot.

Objectively, it was a good movie just not great.

Pros:

CGI
Tone
Fighting

Cons:

Inconsistent world-building
Too much destruction for an origin story
Some dumb plot elements
Some suspect casting choices

I actually thought, given time and a few sequels to build upon this would have been a more revered movie. People had gripes with the tone, but I believe that was because they were giving this Superman a multi-movie arc. (Batman Begins, iirc wasn't universally loved when it first came out, nor is it now, but it set up the Dark Knight perfectly. It remains to be seen if Snyder had this level of skill to do. Probably not.)

In a quasi-realistic earth, Superman/Clark wasn't going to be your jovial friendly neighborhood Superman. He was coming to terms with his place in a world that wouldn't initially understand him. However, Synder torpedoed the one thing that could've helped to push this narrative forward over several movies and killed off Pa Kent, which was the dumbest most glaring mistake I saw in the movie.

All in all, I liked this movie a lot and personally in 2013, the bar to me had been set that DCEU was the universe to beat not Marvel. And that's saying a lot because I really don't like DC comics outside of Batman.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
If the character was called Superb Man and this was set in the Watchmen universe then I might be a little more open to it

But as it stands, this just isn't "the real" Superman. He's too morose and glum.

Superman is the one character that just simply HAS to be a true blue upbeat boy scout. Has to be the one with the "we can do this guys" speech.

This sour, dour face niqqa is not it

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If the character was called Superb Man and this was set in the Watchmen universe then I might be a little more open to it

But as it stands, this just isn't "the real" Superman. He's too morose and glum.

Superman is the one character that just simply HAS to be a true blue upbeat boy scout. Has to be the one with the "we can do this guys" speech.

This sour, dour face niqqa is not it
Yeah, it's just a hard trick to pull off. Superman is the super hero starter kit. He is the one presented to kids as your beginner guy so you get the idea what we are talking about. I mean adults liking him is fine but you can't switch the formula to exclude kids with this guy. You got to keep the hope and fun in the character.