How on earth is "Man of Steel" considered a bad movie???

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:pachaha:@ the folks saying this wasn't basura. BvS had the excuse of being heavily edited and having poor performances or being too long.

MoS was a chore to watch up and down in the package it was meant to be viewed in. It's creators wanted us to see it exactly they way it presented.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'm beginning to hate this movie. Not the quality just the idea of it. I thought the movie was alright, but there are so many MoS stans that just won't let people have their own opinion about the movie. shyt pisses me off to no end. Shut the fukk up already.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I mean isnt it kinda telling when buddy died in BvS and the response pretty much was :manny:

Like more people were upset with Logan dying, Quicksilver dying, Rorschach, and countless others but most were "meh" when he died and dont seem to care whether he's in JL or not (though we all know he coming back) but it didnt move a needle

Martha

Gotta ask considering the BvS talk.... Why do you sign your posts "Martha"? :patrice:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I'll copy my post from another thread, this is why the movie is trash.

- I love Zimmer da GAWD but his score here wasn't very good, well it was a good score, but didn't suit this movie imo.

I was going to deconstruct all of your fallacies and problems with the film but then I saw this piece of shyt sentence.

Your opinion is :trash: b. Not even going to bother smh. :scust:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Their are definitely arguments in favor of MoS...

Most of those arguments will be based on the ambition of the film, as opposed to it's actual quality. Some may like the visuals (Too washed out for me, I like COLOR and LIGHT). Others may like that it's general tone is so different from the Marvel films, defending on originality or something.

But none of these arguments really address the main reason why the majority of audiences couldn't connect with this movie : Henry Cavill Is COMPLETELY Unlikable As Superman

FWIW, I actually think it's like a 3/5.

BvS is like a 1/5, it's THAT bad.
Where are you getting this "majority of audiences" claim from exactly?

By every metric of audiences the majority of audiences liked the film.

You guys always seem to confuse your own opinions and Internet echo chambers with the actual audience.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I liked the movie and have seen it 4 or 5 times :manny:

Its not great but its solid and has decent replay value so I can't hate on it

Most of these superhero movies are solid but have zero replay value

The only ones I've seen multiple times are Dark Knight,Winter Soldier,Man of Steel,and surprisingly Ant-Man

I can rewatch any of those 4 anytime

If any other superhero movie is on im either turning it off or leaving the room and doing something else

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I was going to deconstruct all of your fallacies and problems with the film but then I saw this piece of shyt sentence.

Your opinion is :trash: b. Not even going to bother smh. :scust:

Read the full sentence again :what:

The score is okay IMO, but I didn't feel it suited this movie. Zimmer's even said he's found it harder to score these Snyder films over Nolan's films.

Just my opinion breh, I watched the movie and was bored to tears. Watched the first Scooby Doo movie other day with a few friends and we were laughing all the way through, great time. :pachaha:

It's a movie, it's all personal view at the end of the day :hubie:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Like I said in the other thread, it's not a a bad movie. It's watchable and you can follow the plot well enough.

With that said there are some things in that movie that are downright fukking stupid for a film that's premise is very much "What if Superman existed in the real world".

Pa Kent takes that Kyptonian key to a college professor, is told by said professor that the metal is unlike anything else on earth, and Pa Kent is allowed to take said key back home without raising ANY suspicion whatsoever.

This is easily debunked.
as anyone can go inquire about anything to a college professor and not have it go anywhere regardless of their connection. I know so because I talked to and was a large ticket item inspector for the university of Chicago in the spring to fall of 2005.
Where I checked every large ticket item ever brought or created by the university that date back to and before the atom bomb and I found every piece asked in the bowels and darkest corners of the university of Chicago. No authorities were contacted when I was looking up the most asinine piece of equipment to large turbines or heavy equipment etc used to make the atomic bomb and every other top secret to just standard creation at the uofc.
That I can even publically talk about it in open air and not suffer some situation.

This is much different than a show of power from an individual from not of this world.
moving in open air and not poweful enough at clark's age to have command of his abilities to not be seen.

micnificient said:
Pa Ken unnecessarily going back to save that fukking dog just in order to facilitate his sacrifice.

I just debunked this the other day.
The people who continue to bring this up. Could not have seen et, and this is different than the college visit.
As that could be left up to how the film distinctly showed no ramifications for pa Kent inquiring about the codec.
Where no authorities were called in.
In the case of Clark, pa Kent sacrifices himself because that show of power at clark's point in time of the command of his powers.
Clark's covert would be lost because it would be out of the hand socially of the kents to shield Clark away from the authorities in the same manner him saving people in the bus was solved and the inquiry in the codec. At that time if Clark would have saved his dad. With no question, the fed come in from area 51, and bubble wrap the crib like in et.

MICNIFICIENT said:
The US military not knowing who Superman is or where he's from despite Zod showing up at his moms house, fighting in Smallville, multiple people in Smallville knowing who Superman is and showing they were willing to tell other people, and of course the fact that the U.S. Military picked up Clark's ship from his moms farm :snoop:

The military factually in that realm did not know the facts about Clark or zod or the ship.

MICNIFICIENT said:
Clark being able to destroy that drunk douche bags truck outside the bar without ANYBODY noticing or hearing it.

Clark had command of his powers at that instance and it played upon the idea of people knowing the mythos of superman's power and the on screen usage of superman call sign of faster than a speeding bullet. That in the evolution of superman has included him being able to move faster and any object he feels faster than the human eye can register.

MICNIFICIENT said:
Lois Lane being immune to the gravity effects of the terra forming machine.

There's more but I haven't seen the movie in a minute....Notice that none of these are "Not my Superman" complaints, they're just dumb fukking scenes and plot holes in the movie.

See you should have stopped right here.
I, think you should rewatch the movie after this content and your post.
As the gripes you posted are easily debunked.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Read the full sentence again :what:

The score is okay IMO, but I didn't feel it suited this movie. Zimmer's even said he's found it harder to score these Snyder films over Nolan's films.

Just my opinion breh, I watched the movie and was bored to tears. Watched the first Scooby Doo movie other day with a few friends and we were laughing all the way through, great time. :pachaha:

It's a movie, it's all personal view at the end of the day :hubie:

Scoobie doo is a pet passion project by someone.
Who had great drawing relative powr at that time.
to have a product made by someone who cared about the source material and execution of the real world cgi style movie.
It is much different than a corporate bought out project.
that is the beginning gateway moral center of America in the depression era till now. Plus used as a revenue grab ploy where most semblence of sense had been written out of continuity before any of us were ever conceived.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is coming from the Logan thread earlier.

I consider myself somewhat of a movie snob, and I definitely have trouble watching the same film twice unless it's just that incredible.

That being said, it took me a long time to watch MOS, because the reviews and internet comments were so bad.

Was this some type of Marvel hacking technique with bot commenting or am I lacking taste, because when I finally saw the movie I thought it was dope as hell - I mean, watching some of the fight scenes on YouTube today just solidified that MOS wasn't just really good, but one of the best superhero films l had ever seen, and haters were just consigning consigners.

But please, tell me what I'm missing!??

Mos, seems to be like John Carter and water world and numerous other sound fantasy style films.
Who were just smashed in pr for no reason.
Beyond some unseen pr coup of the material.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it's a bad movie because the main character is treated more like a plot device and has no clear desires or motivations.

and if you disagree then i challenge you to answer this simple question:

what does clark want in this movie? what's his GOAL?

other than 'stopping general zod'.

Superman never has a goal.

He never attacks or proactively goes after anyone and he has super hearing, xray vision etc.
He just waits till someone does something.
Plus does not even survey the world to be preemptive.

That is also a reason why superman has a dwindling draw in this age.
As he is and has always been passive. The only thing supes cares about is Lois and this movie illustrated and in bvs reiterated why he is only about Lois above all.
Till faced with the sudden ideal of acting instead of thinking resulting in his death via doomsday. Which the same situation is illustrated when he finally kills zod in mos.
Which also was explained an never explained in original comic book damaging continuity as well.

[this is illustrated in marvel via spidey mentally showing doc ock that to be a hero you act and don't worry about the results to you if you are a great hero and selfless. If people want an illustration of thus in another universe coming into play in another fukked up property jn marvel ]

To the point this entire dcu universe has been.
to try to fix all the issues instituted over the year in error to Supes, batman and the dcu universe that make it so confusing and oft outing to any and everyone.

I think people are forgetting superman is the most damaged gateway property.
While also being america's largest gateway property.
Coupled with the moral center in characterization of America and how it has been manipulated and ruined over the years, as well.

Art Barr

Actually superman also in conflict with batman is written to be an evil dictator. To deflect away from the fact Bruce as a billionaire needs the entire world in disarray with no real resolution.
As a real resolution would also hurt the ability of Bruce to remain a billionaire as well. As a billionaire like Bruce thrives on the disarray and lack of resolution to churn a profit. As this factor is written out in general.
When bats and Supes get into it. Where Supes is made the de facto dictator. When in reality Bruce is really apart of the issues superman when written wrongly as the villain is trying to solve.
Plus, is even glossed over in injustice. To make Supes the defacto villain.
When the real content is Bruce does not want Supes to rule.
As Supes would ruin the very profitability of Bruce and every capital driven person, who work to keep the ideals of Carnegie and Frick alive. Or you are a slave to the top percent. Like we are all here to be the slaves of people with capital and continuing their agenda to revenue grab.

As Supes kills joker as he should. [as batman keeps joker alive and joker has shown to be able to hurt people that he can control them psychologically despite the most harshest if abuse via harley quinn]Yet batman still wants to see the survival of people who are mentally ill.
so he can churn a profit. Hidden behind the veil of fake morality. Which is also hidden in essence and the reasoning of the creation of the comic code at its core as well.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Some of that is also because he didn't have to fukking die.

There's NO logical reason why Wonder Woman couldn't have killed Doomsday with that spear. She put up a better fight against Doomsday than Superman or Batman.

I swear that's such a huge problem with these movies. They have stuff they want to do and instead of coming up with a logical way of getting there they just the just get to those moments by any means if it's it's nonsensical.

Tbf, Batman didn't have prep time.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cool movie, I liked it better than BvS

Nothing is fukking with this tho :wow:
3483189-6387120104-gener.jpg