How on earth is "Man of Steel" considered a bad movie???

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Folks who see MoS today overwhelmingly like the movie. When the movie launched, the Christopher Reeves comparisons were off the charts. The Krypton scenes and score alone made it a good Superman film.
How is he comparable to Reeves. This Superman/Clark barely speaks and has no personality.

And talking about Krypton making a Superman film is the damn problem. :mjlol: Take away Krypton, given him a bright green suit, change the names......how is a Superman movie? Because his powers. Nearly a hundred years of source material and the Superman formula is to Krypton, powers and "kiss Lois".

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
The movie had good action, good style, but no heart. Didn’t capture the essence of Superman. It’s like having a new sports car, great interior… but the engine is trash. That is sort of like what happened with Man of Steel.

Unlike Wonder Woman, Aquaman, hell even Shazam (not the sequels) those movies had all the above plus it had heart. It captured the essence of the character.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMO the nerds didn't like it because it wasn't connected to Nolan's batman. And they were turned off by superman killing zod

Only thing I may have expected due to Nolans Batman films,was a great origin story. A movie that actually properly explains Supermans motivations. But instead he just finds this spaceship and becomes a superhero because Jorel said so:mjlol:. Suddenly just learns how to fly because Jorel tells him to test his limits smh. Can you not admit thats not a good origin story,if your going to bother doing an origin story? Nothing is earned in this movie really. They just expect you to fill in the blanks, because its your fault if you dont already know everything about Supernan.

You should already know why Superman wants to become Superman and save people. Its because hes superman and thats what superman does.

No need to build up Lois and Supermans chemistry. He is Superman,and he is supposed to be with Lois.

Feel bad for Clark having to kill Zod. Not because we bothered building a relationship between the two. But everyone knows Superman doesnt enjoy killing people:mjlol:

The reason this movie is so debated because its one of the few movies that makes you think its about to be goat level. But quickly turns to horseshyt. With just one stupid thing after the next. Most comic book movies have the decency to just let you know its going to suck early on. This one pulled people in,and couldve actually been good.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Whole film thrown in the rubbish when Kevin Costner was standing in a tornado waving at Superman.

But seriously. The movie wasn't bad I think it just needed two more action sequences.

I like how the movie showed how f***** up metropolis really gets when these Titans are fighting. That s*** look like hell on Earth was happening

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Dreary, lifeless, unfunny, unremarkable special effect spectacle. The fukking random zooming, the fukking quick camera cutting, and all the horrible fukking dialogue. I hate Zach Snyder's take on the Superman character with an unrelenting passion. He somehow managed to waste both Amy Adams AND Michael Shannon. Incredible.

Not the worst superhero movie ever made for sure, but definitely my least favorite of all time.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
it's not terrible and it has some dope action sequences but people are going a little OD calling it a masterpiece. I had fun watching it in theaters tho. That Zod/Superman fight felt like some live action Dragonball Z. :whoo:

Yes Superman killing Zod was an issue and i'm not even a Superman fan like that. Don't think Snyder really "gets" Superman.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
It's a great comic book movie.

Faora vs Supes :wow:

Supes vs the world engine :wow:

Zod vs Supes :wow:
Because if it wasn't Muschietti and DC wouldn't have included much of the plot of it in the Flash :mjgrin: even though they refused to do a sequel.

And I never liked cornball Superman. Because an actual Superman on earth would wonder why he's even helping when at least 50% of people hate him and think he's going to destroy the world no matter how many cats in trees he rescues.

So the exploration in a nuanced way of him wondering what his purpose even is adds complexity and internal conflict that most superhero stories don't have.

Last edited: