How on earth is "Man of Steel" considered a bad movie???

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a great comic book movie.

Faora vs Supes :wow:

Supes vs the world engine :wow:

Zod vs Supes :wow:
Because if it wasn't Muschietti and DC wouldn't have included much of the plot of it in the Flash :mjgrin: even though they refused to do a sequel.

And I never liked cornball Superman. Because an actual Superman on earth would wonder why he's even helping when at least 50% of people hate him and think he's going to destroy the world no matter how many cats in trees he rescues.

So the exploration in a nuanced way of him wondering what his purpose even is adds complexity and internal conflict that most superhero stories don't have.

Do 50% of people on earth hate Superman though:patrice:

But here yall go filling in the blanks again. What you said COULDVE been nuanced,if thats what we actually saw on screen. Instead we got a Superman who only became a super hero in his 30s because his pops told him to put on a suit,and learn to fly. And luckily Zod shows up just in time to call him out. Because he may have just took the costume home:mjlol:.

Then in the next movie he is already over helping people because of the stress and hate. So the superhero fatigue he has,just appears to be a guy who never really asked or wanted to be one in the first place.

I thought the more interrsting angle was that Superman lived like a nomad. Would find places he was happy,but then would expose himself because he couldnt stop helping people. Meaning he was sacrificing his happiness to help people.

But then it turned out he was just living like a nomad because he was looking for that spaceship. He was just passing through anyway,so there was no sacrifice.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It’s the only watchable Superman movie that EXISTS

People expected a more conventional superhero movie but it’s more like Unbreakable. Hell even how Clark Kent was written was damn near almost the same way as Bruce Willis’s character.

Unbreakable was so far ahead of it's time it's not even funny.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Because nerds complain about everything… I loved man of steel I do think BvS is one the worst movies of this entire universe :scust:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Was a lot better than a whole host of MCU movies of that time. It holds up amazingly well.

Plus that OST

:banderas: :wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is why i think the gunn Superman movie will be trash. They made a great superman film with Man of Steel, and have made every indication that they want to move away from that formula. Ie make it more camp

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This is why i think the gunn Superman movie will be trash. They made a great superman film with Man of Steel, and have made every indication that they want to move away from that formula. Ie make it more camp
It's not about camp, it's about Lore. Gunn wants to make the DC version of Westeros.