How on earth is "Man of Steel" considered a bad movie???

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The whole setup was fukking stupid. His dad walking to his death instead of just letting superman help I get he was trying to keep him concealed but why would you just sacrifice yourself for next to no reason when he could’ve just discreetly as possible helped. The fight scenes were great. Thats about it.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Comic book geeks tried to ruin this movie

“Superman wouldn’t do this”

stfu. Newsflash a$$holes Superman is not real. The writers can make him what they want. shyt not based on a true story. I could give a fukk what’s “cannon”. I just want the movie to be good. And MOS was a damn good movie
Superman killed Zod in the comics so I never got being upset at Supes killing Zod.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Steel-1997-poster-2-450x650.jpg

thought OP was talking about this for a second:mjlol:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
'Can't stop talking about it', posted in a thread that was inactive since 2017.:skip:

A thread started by someone defending the movie, not hating on it. :skip:

Reupped now by someone who also liked the movie, not someone hating on it. :skip:

Who's really trying to convince who here?

Movie still trash!

suck my dikk with your mothers lips.. ol pretentious ass reviewer.. you aint ever gon be shyt. not one soul needs your opinions in their lives.. go deposit that. waste of sperm

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Superman never has a goal.

He never attacks or proactively goes after anyone and he has super hearing, xray vision etc.
He just waits till someone does something.
Plus does not even survey the world to be preemptive.

That is also a reason why superman has a dwindling draw in this age.
As he is and has always been passive. The only thing supes cares about is Lois and this movie illustrated and in bvs reiterated why he is only about Lois above all.
Till faced with the sudden ideal of acting instead of thinking resulting in his death via doomsday. Which the same situation is illustrated when he finally kills zod in mos.
Which also was explained an never explained in original comic book damaging continuity as well.

[this is illustrated in marvel via spidey mentally showing doc ock that to be a hero you act and don't worry about the results to you if you are a great hero and selfless. If people want an illustration of thus in another universe coming into play in another fukked up property jn marvel ]

To the point this entire dcu universe has been.
to try to fix all the issues instituted over the year in error to Supes, batman and the dcu universe that make it so confusing and oft outing to any and everyone.

I think people are forgetting superman is the most damaged gateway property.
While also being america's largest gateway property.
Coupled with the moral center in characterization of America and how it has been manipulated and ruined over the years, as well.

Art Barr

Actually superman also in conflict with batman is written to be an evil dictator. To deflect away from the fact Bruce as a billionaire needs the entire world in disarray with no real resolution.
As a real resolution would also hurt the ability of Bruce to remain a billionaire as well. As a billionaire like Bruce thrives on the disarray and lack of resolution to churn a profit. As this factor is written out in general.
When bats and Supes get into it. Where Supes is made the de facto dictator. When in reality Bruce is really apart of the issues superman when written wrongly as the villain is trying to solve.
Plus, is even glossed over in injustice. To make Supes the defacto villain.
When the real content is Bruce does not want Supes to rule.
As Supes would ruin the very profitability of Bruce and every capital driven person, who work to keep the ideals of Carnegie and Frick alive. Or you are a slave to the top percent. Like we are all here to be the slaves of people with capital and continuing their agenda to revenue grab.

As Supes kills joker as he should. [as batman keeps joker alive and joker has shown to be able to hurt people that he can control them psychologically despite the most harshest if abuse via harley quinn]Yet batman still wants to see the survival of people who are mentally ill.
so he can churn a profit. Hidden behind the veil of fake morality. Which is also hidden in essence and the reasoning of the creation of the comic code at its core as well.

How did this post go 3 years without a dap. :wow:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
One thing I love about Snyder's DC films is how ornate they are cinematography wise, and the involvement of citizens outside of the starring cast. A dinner scene will have focus on the waiters, Superman fight scene has regular citizen onlookers, etc. Gotham and Metropolis felt like living breathing cities. Not as many aspects of the city as i would have liked, but more than enough relative to the story Zack Snyder intended to tell. It doesn't feel like he's in a rush to get to the next scene. And the acting has a weight to it that isn't interrupted by score/ levity. It's way too melancholy tone-wise for a DC world as far as my personal tastes are concerned, but I appreciate it in of itself.