How on earth is "Man of Steel" considered a bad movie???

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
One thing I love about Snyder's DC films is how ornate they are cinematography wise, and the involvement of citizens outside of the starring cast. A dinner scene will have focus on the waiters, Superman fight scene has regular citizen onlookers, etc. Gotham and Metropolis felt like living breathing cities. Not as many aspects of the city as i would have liked, but more than enough relative to the story Zack Snyder intended to tell. It doesn't feel like he's in a rush to get to the next scene. And the acting has a weight to it that isn't interrupted by score/ levity. It's way too melancholy tone-wise for a DC world as far as my personal tastes are concerned, but I appreciate it in of itself.
See I feel like the exact opposite.

Snyder has good music video direction. Conveying a lot of info in a short amount of time but when you string it together it doesn’t make sense.

The flashbacks had great moments(the bus, the closet, you are my son) but then you think about why it was told in flashback and it doesn’t make sense. He’s a confused kid and then he’s a confused man. The character never changed.

Compare the flashbacks in BB, Bruce goes from an angry young man wanting to kill to this much more calm and methodical man traveling the world. The flashbacks give us a strong sense of how time has passed.

Metropolis and Gotham being across a bridge was dumb and the cities didn’t look different. You won’t confuse San Fran with New York.
And being across a bridge makes it dumb how the Gotham citizens should fear Batman and Metropolis builds a statue to Superman.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
P

Snyder has good music video direction. Conveying a lot of info in a short amount of time but when you string it together it doesn’t make sense.

The flashbacks had great moments(the bus, the closet, you are my son) but then you think about why it was told in flashback and it doesn’t make sense. He’s a confused kid and then he’s a confused man. The character never changed.

Compare the flashbacks in BB, Bruce goes from an angry young man wanting to kill to this much more calm and methodical man traveling the world. The flashbacks give us a strong sense of how time has passed.

Metropolis and Gotham being across a bridge was dumb and the cities didn’t look different. You won’t confuse San Fran with New York.
And being across a bridge makes it dumb how the Gotham citizens should fear Batman and Metropolis builds a statue to Superman.
But that's how it is in the comics Metropolis and Gotham are right next to each other.

Metropolis is New York during the day. Gotham is New York at night.

Frank Miller has said that "Metropolis is New York in the daytime; Gotham City is New York at night."[4][18] Gotham City is home to Batman, whose activities are more often nocturnal, while Metropolis is home to Superman, who usually operates during the day. In terms of atmosphere, Batman writer and editor Dennis O'Neil has said that, figuratively, "Batman's Gotham City is Manhattan below 14th Street at eleven minutes past midnight on the coldest night in November, and Metropolis is Manhattan between 14th and 110th Streets on the brightest, sunniest July day of the year.
-Wikipedia @NYC Rebel @surf @ExodusNirvana @Peter Popoff @Ironman @NYChase718

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
@Bryan Danielson @Peter Popoff Zod will return.... in.... The Flash ....and
FvTvKd0XgAAuYOy
face Supergirl.

"I will find him, uh....I mean her... I WILL FIND HER!!!!

After about 3 different versions of Supergirl.

I’m definitely curious to see how this portrayal is.

Also damn never every SuperGirl been blonde with long hair and they go for a darker hair look.

I kind liked the SG from Smallville

I be having jokes about this and I’m not an Ezra fan. But I’m definitely interested in where this movie is going. I didn’t watch Shazaam but will be there for this.

I’ll have our jokes and humor that we get in another thread. Feel like some folks are fun police

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Recently watched this last week. As time goes on, I like it more and more. It's probably in my top 10 comicbook movies and I'm not even a Superman fan.

I noticed this camera trick Snyder did that I love, he frames an unfocused shot on an action sequence and then rapidly zooms in on it, almost like amateur UFO videos zooming in on something unidentifiable. Kinda reminds me of the tag line "look up in the sky, it's a bird, its a plane, its Superman!"

He did this for multiple action sequences, the intro when Krypton was getting destroyed, the Smallville fight scene, and in the end when Zod and Superman fought.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
P

But that's how it is in the comics Metropolis and Gotham are right next to each other.

Metropolis is New York during the day. Gotham is New York at night.

Frank Miller has said that "Metropolis is New York in the daytime; Gotham City is New York at night."[4][18] Gotham City is home to Batman, whose activities are more often nocturnal, while Metropolis is home to Superman, who usually operates during the day. In terms of atmosphere, Batman writer and editor Dennis O'Neil has said that, figuratively, "Batman's Gotham City is Manhattan below 14th Street at eleven minutes past midnight on the coldest night in November, and Metropolis is Manhattan between 14th and 110th Streets on the brightest, sunniest July day of the year.
-Wikipedia @NYC Rebel @surf @ExodusNirvana @Peter Popoff @Ironman @NYChase718
They haven’t been next to each other since the 70s.

And Frank Miller isn’t one of the definite writers of Superman and for good reasons.

And even then, in comics they can design the cities however they want to create visual contrast. In Snyder’s version, the cities have no distinctions.

And again. The fact is even dumber when in the reality of the Snyderverse think Superman is this messiah in the confines of Metropolis but if you go across the bridge suddenly your anti Batman.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Batman was someone who operated in the shadows at night and no one knew if it was a man or a creature. Superman was out in the open helping people, and I believe some people saw him as a divine figure.