How much trouble is Sony really in?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Is he suggesting Bethesda Studios, Double Fine, Ninja Theory, Arkane Studios ect will struggle to make good games? Like they and other studios Microsoft now owns don't have a track record?

Nobody is arguing Sony doesn't make good games. What's being argued is a value comparison.

I don’t think he said “unlike microsoft” anywhere. Maybe i missed that part though.

Whats being said is despite the good publicity that microsoft has going for it with acquisitions and services that PlayStation is still doing what its best at, making games. As June sony will ahve put out a half of dozen first party games, with most of them being critically and commercially successful.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t think he said “unlike microsoft” anywhere. Maybe i missed that part though
He said what one side is doing is easy because they have money. What the other side is doing is hard and they've mastered that.

Seems to imply something without actually saying it aloud.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He said what one side is doing is easy because they have money. What the other side is doing is hard and they've mastered that.

Seems to imply something without actually saying it aloud.

I think both companies are doing what they need to do. Sony is still releasing games, and xbox is making big business deals. In the future I would assume both companies can do the other when they need to also.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I’m just using yall logic. Microsoft is xbox so why is Sony not PlayStation? What changed?

Playstation sales of their gaming hardware has dropped since PS3 in Japan. Sony is aware of this and reverting their focus to the western markets. Japan is handheld heaven which is why Nintendo is destroying the market and Microsoft is trying to push Xcloud over there

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Thats mostly due to stock issues, its since gotten better with more consoles being shipped

PS5 Sales Steadily Improve in Japan, As Stock Situation Steadies

Original Story: There was concern at its launch that PlayStation 5 may outright flop in Japan, although with availability so low, this line of speculation always flirted with fantasy. It’s worth reporting, then, that the console is doing much better domestically now – even though it’s still extremely difficult to find. According to Famitsu sales data, the system has now sold 517,916 units in its home territory.

Crucially, the weekly numbers have been consistent of late. Between 8th March and 14th March, the next-gen system moved 37,851 units – and between 15th March and 21st March, it managed a further 34,657 units. This is much steadier performance overall, and while it’s still getting obliterated by the Nintendo Switch, it’s important to reiterate that stock remains restricted.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Famitsu. And nothing in those links contradict what I said. Nevermind the fact that the PS5 is heavily supply constrained in Japan and everywhere else.

Yeah, its not a matter of not selling its a matter of not having supply. The craze to get a PS5 is worse in Japan than it is here. The chip shortage is gonna limit supply into 2022