How much more in your face racism do y’all need to let WWE go?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What are you talking about? I’m not compelled to watch just the mavs. There are 31 other teams. So unlike WWE, which is one centralized company, I can watch other teams. That’s what I mean when I say the mavs don’t effect me. Stop comparing WWE to NBA. You will lose every time

You are moving the goalposts. The Mavs were in the finals in 2011 so I guess if they make the finals again you won't watch it? I guess if another owner shows his ass you'll now only watch teams that aren't the Mavs and that team :mjlol: Nonsensical drivel

And I type this as I've been watching the AEW coverage. I haven't even bothered to watch SDL tonight. I like calling out hypocrisy. :manny:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
You are moving the goalposts. The Mavs were in the finals in 2011 so I guess if they make the finals again you won't watch it? I guess if another owner shows his ass you'll now only watch teams that aren't the Mavs and that team :mjlol: Nonsensical drivel

And I type this as I've been watching the AEW coverage. I haven't even bothered to watch SDL tonight. I like calling out hypocrisy. :manny:

Goal post moving? :what: And why do you kept reposting my OP like it’s some gotcha hypocrisy when I’ve basically stated such. You kept comparing the NBA to WWE like it isn’t apple to oranges. Stop it. Stick to posting Sasha banks pics. You not built for this debate shyt :heh:

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
I stopped watching WWE a few years ago, but purely because I didn't find it entertaining anymore. I'm guilty of conveniently ignoring a lot of slick and subtle racism in their programming over the years because I found the product entertaining, and it was just storyline shyt after all.

Maybe distancing myself a few years ago makes it easier for me to look at it objectively now, but what I see is a company hell bent on finding a way to get a racist back on TV without putting him in the uncomfortable position of having to sincerely and publicly apologize for his racism.

Hogan wanted back on TV, but Hogan was terrified of reminding people of his racism in that return appearance. He wanted people to just forget he ever said it. Mean Gene's death solved his problem and they weren't gonna let that opportunity slip by. shyt's disgusting.

Hey, if WWE respected black people at all, they would never have brought Hogan back.

But if they absolutely insisted on bringing him back, his returning segment HAD TO BE dedicated to the apology. Instead, they ignored the racism thing altogether and (from what I've read) made Hogan look like a hero.

If a 10-minute nugget of "entertainment" buried somewhere in a corny 3-hour show is enough to keep you loyal to a company that effectively treats an outed racist as a returning hero, then your priorities are different from mine.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Take it from a breh who played college football.... the NCAA is far more exploitative toward black people than the WWE on a much larger scale

We can't complain about any form of media being "racist" or "against black people" unless we critically look at all of them. Picking and choosing for the sake of calling people out is silly. If we cancel the WWE, we gotta cancel Rap music, the NFL, the NBA, NCAA football and basketball, most media outlets, Instagram, etc. etc. because there are tons of places where black people are either mistreated, exploited, marginalized or preyed upon.

Look at how Clemson coach Dabo Sweeney cast away his black QB who stayed there for 4 years and only lost 2 games for his white freshman QB

Look at how all of these white coaches go into black communities and promise these kids the world, only to leave the school if a better offer comes up

look at the millions upon millions of dollars these schools make by the labor of these kids, but hit the :picard: when it's time to have serious talks of paying these kids for the countless hours they spend being "student athletes" (and I get it, they get a "scholarship", but the school is paying these kids pennies on the dollar for what they make the university)

WWE been "racist". It's not just Hogan coming back, it's Triple H and them in the nation skit, it's Kamala, it's Cryme Tyme, etc. etc. But we can't act like listening to rappers talk about how many nyggas they're going to kill (while we rap along with them, myself included :snoop:) is some form of uplifting entertainment that we should cherish either.

Most entertainment is trash. :manny:

But as always it's :pacspit: Terry Bollea tho
If WWE was right in the middle of a 2nd Attitude Era boom all this nowatchgang shyt would not exist. WWE product trash so it's easy to pretend you don't watch.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If WWE was right in the middle of a 2nd Attitude Era boom all this nowatchgang shyt would not exist. WWE product trash so it's easy to pretend you don't watch.
Ironically, a big part of why it’s so bad is that minority stars who get over frequently get fed to other people with the clear intention of snuffing out their heat or just get booked like shyt while they’re high on the card from the getgo, which torpedos them from the very start. Look at how Sasha, Asuka, and Nakamura have all been booked. Look at how lazy and poorly Jinder was booked before becoming a jobber again. New day frequently goes through stretches where they aren’t really doing anything and none of them have ever really been presented as legit individual stars. Think about how them and the Uso’s have never gotten major time on the wrestlemania card and the fact that I think last year was the first time either team made the main card at all, with their match being under 10 minutes. All of these people could have been much more over than any of them were and become legit draws (maybe not Jinder, but it couldn’t hurt to try and put some real creativity into it instead of what they did with him), but they all got sandbagged by management, hurting both them and the show overall as a result.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Ironically, a big part of why it’s so bad is that minority stars who get over frequently get fed to other people with the clear intention of snuffing out their heat or just get booked like shyt while they’re high on the card from the getgo, which torpedos them from the very start. Look at how Sasha, Asuka, and Nakamura have all been booked. Look at how lazy and poorly Jinder was booked before becoming a jobber again. New day frequently goes through stretches where they aren’t really doing anything and none of them have ever really been presented as legit individual stars. Think about how them and the Uso’s have never gotten major time on the wrestlemania card and the fact that I think last year was the first time either team made the main card at all, with their match being under 10 minutes. All of these people could have been much more over than any of them were and become legit draws (maybe not Jinder, but it couldn’t hurt to try and put some real creativity into it instead of what they did with him), but they all got sandbagged by management, hurting both them and the show overall as a result.

Vince has seemingly doubled down on his racism in his old age. Over 10 years ago he was putting Bobby Lashley over on multiple PPVs, booking him to be John Cena, the face of the company’s equal, and seemingly the next in line for a big WWE title run. Lashley’s back, in arguably better shape, a better all round performer and much more seasoned. Logically, you’d think, as we all did, that they’d resume his push where they left off. Instead Lashley was used as a disposable midcard heel last I watched, as opposed to the dominant main event athlete he was before he left.

The Shield was pushed as a serious force both as a group and solo, enjoying singles success while also being a unit. The New Day, by comparison, has been in the tag division for years, despite there being MULTIPLE opportunities where any or all of them could’ve gotten singles pushes while still remaining a unit like the Shield.

Asuka & Nakamura won their Rumbles last year, only to descively lose at Mania, lose via fukkery in following rematches, before disappearing for most of the spring and summer.

Poor treatment of minority talent, as well as just blatant sandbagging of them in general is a big part of why modern WWE sucks and makes it that much easier to walk away from it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Vince has seemingly doubled down on his racism in his old age. Over 10 years ago he was putting Bobby Lashley over on multiple PPVs, booking him to be John Cena, the face of the company’s equal, and seemingly the next in line for a big WWE title run. Lashley’s back, in arguably better shape, a better all round performer and much more seasoned. Logically, you’d think, as we all did, that they’d resume his push where they left off. Instead Lashley was used as a disposable midcard heel last I watched, as opposed to the dominant main event athlete he was before he left.

The Shield was pushed as a serious force both as a group and solo, enjoying singles success while also being a unit. The New Day, by comparison, has been in the tag division for years, despite there being MULTIPLE opportunities where any or all of them could’ve gotten singles pushes while still remaining a unit like the Shield.

Asuka & Nakamura won their Rumbles last year, only to descively lose at Mania, lose via fukkery in following rematches, before disappearing for most of the spring and summer.

Poor treatment of minority talent, as well as just blatant sandbagging of them in general is a big part of why modern WWE sucks and makes it that much easier to walk away from it.
And the biggest crime of them all is Sasha Banks...who was more over than her in 2016 and they used her as a buffer to push Bliss and Charlotte...and those who hate her guts loved that bullshyt booking...those at WRESTLING FORUM. They be praising Bliss like shes Trish Stratus reborn...lol.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’ll play devils advocate..

Expecting people to abandon their favorite wrestlers, entertainers, athletes, musicians, ETC. because of the company signing their checks is asking a lot, and even in running with this rhetoric, you CONTRADICT yourself to the fullest extent.

It’s like boycotting hip hop because it’s distributed and completely owned by racist, rich Jews who clearly don’t give a fukk about black culture..

Lyor was on record saying he doesn’t have a problem packaging music that encourages drug use and is detrimental to our culture, specifically because he has a family aka he makes a ton of money off it..

Does that mean I’m boycotting any music that came out of Def Jam during his tenure? Am I gonna abandon using YouTube and spotify because of his involvement? Should I not listen to Nas, Jay, etc. because of the label imprint on the back of their albums?

Are you nikkas seriously gonna sit here and tell me you don’t use youtube now?

With that said, I personally don’t watch WWE like that anymore. Not because of Hogan, but because the shyts GARBAGE. I’m am, however, a big fan of specific guys (Daniel Bryan) so I typically catch a stream link after the fact through dailymotion, FF to his segments/matches and keep it moving.

I’m not gonna stop enjoying Daniel Bryan because of the questionable nikka signing his checks. The ring is his canvas and he’s making art in that bytch..

If you got a problem with that, it’s waves. I really don’t give a fukk my nikka.. I’ll be whatever c00n ya’ll wanna call me..

Essentially you need to show your favorites you will move on from them if they continue to align with racists, because there are too many good talents nowadays to stay loyal. It's easy and lazy to stay with the brands you know, and it takes some extra effort at first to find a new one, but that is the least you can do to fight racism, compared to larger scale efforts many people don't do anyway.

Another thing is people will gravitate towards what is being discussed most. So if we are saying fukk WWE but make 10 threads about how good DB is right now. Guess what, that's giving WWE the buzz and coverage that will make other brehs want to check or watch them again.

Daps
Don't stop watching nxt. That's a separate brand that hhh created cuz he's the Saviour of wrestling when Vince dies.:mjgrin:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hmmmmm

WWE and all those underground Hick Hilly billy Wrastling gator show/companies been Racist since their inception!

this...i havent caught one RAW since football started..football has been lit this season...the WWE product is just godawful....im more content to live in the past of wrestling's yesteryear than to watch damn 100 percent of today's wrestling overall

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the alternatives are better the match quality in New Japan is insane..... TNA gave Lashley a run where he was treated with respect and like the legit threat that he is. Not a fan of Cody but his wife is the first black exec in the wrasslin business in AEW is enough for me to give them a shot. Lethal is a top guy in ROH. Like I said we got alternatives now fukk that company these dudes can keep hate watching if they want im good. :hubie:

cosign everything except the last part.

we ALWAYS had alternatives. people just wait to be told that its okay to hop on a bandwagon(see AEW).

for me, the WWE has been an alternative thru the majority of my tenure as a wrestling fan. hell, up until this past summer, I really hadn't watched them like that since 2011 or some chit.

with that said, a lot of this is fake outrage. hulk Hogan IS the WWE. you cant expect them to keep him shut completely out for too long. black WWE stans always look funny to me anyway. dudes will watch a low quality WWE show as they waste all their black talent. but then turn around and purposely ignore all the promotions with black champions & black franchise players. especially the leagues where the quality is high.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
we ALWAYS had alternatives. people just wait to be told that its okay to hop on a bandwagon(see AEW).

exactly..ive watched AWA, GWF, ICW/IWCCW, crappy ass AWF, ECW (back when it was eastern championship wrestling), USWA, SMW, NWA/WCW, TNA..as well as watched New Japan when they had its shows on PPV working with WCW, All Japan through tapes while watching WWF/WWE through through the years

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
cosign everything except the last part.

for me, the WWE has been an alternative thru the majority of my tenure as a wrestling fan. hell, up until this past summer, I really hadn't watched them like that since 2011 or some chit.

with that said, a lot of this is fake outrage. hulk Hogan IS the WWE. you cant expect them to keep him shut completely out for too long. black WWE stans always look funny to me anyway. dudes will watch a low quality WWE show as they waste all their black talent. but then turn around and purposely ignore all the promotions with black champions & black franchise players. especially the leagues where the quality is high.

This big time