How many people gonna get the PS5 Digital Edition if it's $100 cheaper?

which PS5?

• Total voters

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Digital, I’m watching the entire tech market try to fukk us over with Apple storage method Pricing. If Sony or Xbox doesn’t allow for other companies to produce their drives to run games at advertise speeds. I’ll go buy digital somewhere else.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I had to keep reading this but basically you’re saying they are leaving money on the table.
Yes. Billions over the course of the gen. I just don’t see any business signing off on that.

Especially since Sony is already in a position of power. Not like they are desperate to gain some ground. PS4 made them profitable in a way they had not been in decades. I see them trying to replicate that, not play price wars with Microsoft.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Disc drive ain’t worth $100 in any device.
It is to me. If I'm spending $400 and I can get the option even at $500 to get the physical drive I'm going with that. Over the span of a console generation I will get that $100 back and then some buying games on sale that are on sale at physical retailers but aren't on sale digitally. Hell in a Black Friday or 2 that $100 can be recovered.

Not getting the one with the physical drive is short term savings at best and will cost more long term as it limits your options.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It is to me. If I'm spending $400 and I can get the option even at $500 to get the physical drive I'm going with that. Over the span of a console generation I will get that $100 back and then some buying games on sale that are on sale at physical retailers but aren't on sale digitally. Hell in a Black Friday or 2 that $100 can be recovered.

Not getting the one with the physical drive is short term savings at best and will cost more long term as it limits your options.
There all types of deals on digital games. It’s no longer true that physical in general is cheaper. Especially as more people adopt digital gaming more deals will be available.

Also time is money, imo the time you spend dealing with Buying selling used games isn’t worth the minimal savings you might see.

Discs are inconvenient and antiquated at this point if you have a decent internet connection.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because you actually own the game, disc games are usually cheaper than digital and you can resell it after you’ve finished.
Broke boys standing up at GameStop trying to save $12 on a video game:mjlol:

I did that when I was like 12 years old.

I’m a grown ass man now, I ain’t going up there messing with them dusty cacs for a couple dollars:camby:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There all types of deals on digital games. It’s no longer true that physical in general is cheaper. Especially as more people adopt digital gaming more deals will be available.

Also time is money, imo the time you spend dealing with Buying selling used games isn’t worth the minimal savings you might see.

Discs are inconvenient and antiquated at this point if you have a decent internet connection.
I'm not saying physical is always cheaper I'm saying sometimes it is and sometimes it's not. Upfront I'm not going to choose the limited option and deny myself those savings long term for short term savings upfront.

With the GCU expiration I'm not as attached to physical games but I still want that option as I see advantages to having it. I see no advantage to not having the option.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
digital should be cheaper. but the console makers don't want to undercut brick and mortar retailers, since they still need them to sell the hardware

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Broke boys standing up at GameStop trying to save $12 on a video game:mjlol:

I did that when I was like 12 years old.

I’m a grown ass man now, I ain’t going up there messing with them dusty cacs for a couple dollars:camby:
The disc version is actually more expensive than the digital one but yeah.... broke boy :mjlol: