How many people gonna get the PS5 Digital Edition if it's $100 cheaper?

which PS5?

• Total voters
Daps
I was thinking about that too. a lot of people probably want the disc version to play Blu Rays

like the Series S, the lack of a Blu Ray drive will also limit backwards compatibility options. can't put your PS4 disc into your PS5 Digital Edition

I also wonder if lack of availability will force people into getting the Digital Edition. yall think you can hold out if you can't get a disc version right away?
most of my ps4 games are digital
Not including PS+ I have about 50 games and 18 are physical
but they are mostly digital because of flash sales and the other numerous ps store sales
if I had little to no physical ps4 games, I would just buy a DE PS5
But since I have 18 of them, the physical PS5 makes sense
However, if the physical PS5 sells out and the DE is all that's left, I'll just buy the DE
I'll still be able to enjoy my other 32 digital PS4 games and use my PS4 to play the physical
At that point however I would just start selling my physical PS4 games one by one and buying the digital versions of them for cheap going all digital for the rest of the generation
I wouldn't mind all digital since I tend to bounce between games a lot

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’ve had my PS4 since launch. When you think of something having a 7-8 year life $100 more really ain’t that bad of an investment. As the console life progresses that SSD ain’t gonna hold up downloading games. $100 for a Blu-ray drive or $200 or more for their SSD add on(s)
The games have to run from the SSD or however they augment that storage. The disc drive just saves you the initial download. That being said I want the option of having the physical drive. There may be times the physical game is cheaper on a sale than the digital game.

Daps
I've decided to go digital next gen
Given my play style it suites me better because I'm always switching games
and it will take advantage of the instant resume and multiple games being open at the same time
I will have to decide between the physical or DE but I will most likely choose the physical for BC for my physical PS4 games, having a 4k blu ray player just because, and having the option to buy physical copies just in case
If the physical sells out, I'll just get the DE