How many people gonna get the PS5 Digital Edition if it's $100 cheaper?

which PS5?

• Total voters

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
How you been big dawg?

I was thinking of copping the disc but I don't think I've actually bought a disc in like 2 years now

I've been chillin, trying to survive this pandemic

I'm gonna get the disc version cuz it'll be my 2nd 4K dvd player, and i'll still play my ps4 discs

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I haven't bought a disc game in years since adding 2TB external to the PS4. I have no reason to buy a disc game.

plus now that you can play PS4 using the app via ipad or macbook, having the games on the hard drive is a major win when you're playing remotely having access to a lilbrary of games.

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I have the disc and digital editions ordered. I'll decide closer to launch.
I mostly buy digital games but the increase in prices for the coming generation makes me want to shift to physical. The first party games I have bought digitally have typically been £49.99 or £54.99. The boost to £69.99 from Sony is significant.

The disc edition is so ugly though:hhh:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Some of you may be already aware but if you own, say, a disc version of Miles on the PS4, you can only upgrade for free via disc. That means if you want your free upgrade, you'll need the physical edition of the PS5 since your PS4 copy was also physical. Just a heads up.

Per Sony:

The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

Sony confirms PS5’s first-party launch lineup and free game upgrade plans for PS4 titles