How many people gonna get the PS5 Digital Edition if it's $100 cheaper?

which PS5?

• Total voters

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'll take another 4K Blu-Ray player so I'll go with the Standard edition.
Yep. One of the reasons I'm still getting the disc version. Also, not like you can't get digital games on the disc version, so I'll still dabble in both, depending on the type/size of the game as well. Like, I get all my fighting games digitally since they're usually not too big and makes it easy to switch between different fighters on the fly. I still like having discs tho, especially for big games or games I feel that are going to be classics.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I’m admittedly not that bright, because I don’t seem to understand, so please explain - what is the dollar figure per month at which Game Pass becomes profitable for Microsoft, while also being a great value for customers? We can assume 100 million subscribers paying full price (laughable, but anyway) for this hypothetical. No $1 upgrade, no promotions, full price. @MeachTheMonster @The Mad Titan
I appreciate you not running from facts. But sir, you post was very condescending but alas, because you're not rooting for them but against them you kinda believe gamepass is a fad :patrice:
Xbox Game Pass "not a big profit play" in the short term, says Xbox marketing boss - VG247
I'm not sure yet, I want the 4k blu ray player but I also pretty much stream everything. Most of my games are digital outside a few.
I bought the Xbox one x and I was thrilled to have a 4k Blu-ray player. I got there greatest showman because it supposedly showcases 4k better than most movies and my lady like musicals n shyt. So I pay $29.99 for this ol bullshyt, bring it home and my girl was like :usure: I already seen it papi...

I made her watch it again, she fell asleep halfway thru. I have yet to buy another 4k Blu-ray, disney+ 4k streams look identical, even bootleg sites have 4k streams now so unless you wanna pay $20+ per movie. New ones are usually $30. And they trying to move past 4k to 8k already meaning whatever you buy will be old tech in just a few years. I'd wait if I were you

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They’d be losing ~100 per console sold. And they’d keep losing that for the entire gen cause they would have set the tone for the no disc version always being $100 less.

They are planning to sell over 100 million units. If we say even half of them are the no disc version.

That’s literally billions of dollars they are throwing away.

I just don’t see that happening.

Not likely. Eventually, the production costs and parts will run cheaper for both models and they'll probably still be selling the system for the same price some time after that happens and be profiting.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I appreciate you not running from facts. But sir, you post was very condescending but alas, because you're not rooting for them but against them you kinda believe gamepass is a fad :patrice:
Xbox Game Pass "not a big profit play" in the short term, says Xbox marketing boss - VG247

I bought the Xbox one x and I was thrilled to have a 4k Blu-ray player. I got there greatest showman because it supposedly showcases 4k better than most movies and my lady like musicals n shyt. So I pay $29.99 for this ol bullshyt, bring it home and my girl was like :usure: I already seen it papi...

I made her watch it again, she fell asleep halfway thru. I have yet to buy another 4k Blu-ray, disney+ 4k streams look identical, even bootleg sites have 4k streams now so unless you wanna pay $20+ per movie. New ones are usually $30. And they trying to move past 4k to 8k already meaning whatever you buy will be old tech in just a few years. I'd wait if I were you
:what:

Dollar figure, nikka. What, in its fully realized vision, is Game Pass worth?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not likely. Eventually, the production costs and parts will run cheaper for both models and they'll probably still be selling the system for the same price some time after that happens and be profiting.
I explained it further in subsequent posts. Don’t matter how much costs come down if the discless version is $100 cheaper. That’s $100 lost compared to the disc drive version.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Trying to get that disc version so I can bush my 4K blu ray player.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I explained it further in subsequent posts. Don’t matter how much costs come down if the discless version is $100 cheaper. That’s $100 lost compared to the disc drive version.
If it is indeed 100 bucks less, id like to know what went into the ROI.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They might be "moving on to 8K" but that don't mean shyt. First of all it's not gonna make much difference and secondly these studios don't even wanna sell physical copies anymore because of the streaming wars..

So I'm buying up 4K blu rays now because soon these movies will all be streaming and no streaming ain't identical to having the physical copy