How many people gonna get the PS5 Digital Edition if it's $100 cheaper?

which PS5?

• Total voters
Daps
Depends how much it cost

Im getting disc version everytime unless its somehow over 500

But my guess is 400 for digital

500 for disc, although some rumors have said 450

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Disc drive ain’t worth $100 in any device.

Agreed. Onlyvthing i can think of, and it does make sense, is that the digital costs vs the physical over time will justify the ROI of having the digital 100 bucks less. It should only be 50 bucks difference if we being real and thats tops. But with digital, there is no disc production costs, no packaging costs, and no shipping/logistics costs.

Over a generation that 50 dollar true loss difference that they are eating is easily offset.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Agreed. Onlyvthing i can think of, and it does make sense, is that the digital costs vs the physical over time will justify the ROI of having the digital 100 bucks less. It should only be 50 bucks difference if we being real and thats tops. But with digital, there is no disc production costs, no packaging costs, and no shipping/logistics costs.

Over a generation that 50 dollar true loss difference that they are eating is easily offset.
They’d be losing ~100 per console sold. And they’d keep losing that for the entire gen cause they would have set the tone for the no disc version always being $100 less.

They are planning to sell over 100 million units. If we say even half of them are the no disc version.

That’s literally billions of dollars they are throwing away.

I just don’t see that happening.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The games have to run from the SSD or however they augment that storage. The disc drive just saves you the initial download. That being said I want the option of having the physical drive. There may be times the physical game is cheaper on a sale than the digital game.
Your don't really care about that. whatever you find physical on sale the digital price will always be in range of that. maybe not day one? but sooner than later. With instant resume you'll loathe having to switch disc guaranteed...
Most people are going to have the S

So you about 6 Teraflops short
I'm confused why you salty Sony stans say shyt like this :mjlol: like Xbox gamers don't want the finer things in console life? If we was cool with 1440p we'd rock PlayStation pros/ps5 :ufdup:
The more I think about it, the more I believe the series x will out sell the s,atleast initially.
The idea that the s would sell the most was created by Sony stans who tried to push the narrative that the series s would sell the most and become the lead platform for all games on xbox and PC (but not PlayStation)

I wish I was joking :snoop:

the coli is a place for rich fancy wannabes to discuss their lavish purchases, instead of buying an Xbox anything they'd rather just build a gaming PC. You'd think if they had money they'd buy a series x but narratives rarely make sense round here...
Disc drive ain’t worth $100 in any device.
We all know this, which makes the $100 price difference comical and wishful thinking

I've never subscribed to this narrative either, made up internet shyt :laff: let's be reality here, who the fukk going to a store to buy a game when you can get it day 1 in your draws on your couch? instant resume doesn't work on physical. plus you gotta factor in the price of a Segway so you can travel around the ps5 to reach the disc drive :troll:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They’d be losing ~100 per console sold. And they’d keep losing that for the entire gen cause they would have set the tone for the no disc version always being $100 less.

They are planning to sell over 100 million units. If we say even half of them are the no disc version.

That’s literally billions of dollars they are throwing away.

I just don’t see that happening.

Those costs decrease massively over time. If the alleged costs of 450 are true (and thats with the disc drive), it wont be close to billions at all. The plus subscriptions and royalties off software sales are all taken into account. 499 and 399 is still what I'm thinking. No major losses at all with that price structure.

Now 349 and 449 there is, but nithung ridiculous like the PS3. Also cant forget the sales price is higher in comparison to usd in Europe and other countries And they move MAJOR units there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those costs decrease massively over time. If the alleged costs of 450 are true (and thats with the disc drive), it wont be close to billions at all. The plus subscriptions and royalties off software sales are all taken into account. 499 and 399 is still what I'm thinking. No major losses at all with that price structure.

Now 349 and 449 there is, but nithung ridiculous like the PS3. Also cant forget the sakes price is higher in comparison to usd in Europe and other countries. And they move MAJOR units there.
The cost doesn’t decrease if the no disc version stays $100 less. That’s a $100 loss no matter what the overall components cost.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The cost doesn’t decrease if the no disc version stays $100 less. That’s a $100 loss no matter what the overall components cost.

The costs of parts absolutely decreases over time.

If the discless goes for 350, call it a 70 dollar loss. The price isnt dropping for the first 2 years more than likely either.

The Playstation division hasnt been in the red for years and the costs of building the 5 is already being accounted for.

399 digital aint nothing. 350 stings more but its no billion dollar loss at all for them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The costs of parts absolutely decreases over time.

If the discless goes for 350, call it a 70 dollar loss. The price isnt dropping for the first 2 years more than likely either.

The Playstation division hasnt been in the red for years and the costs of building the 5 is already being accounted for.

399 digital aint nothing. 350 stings more but its no billion dollar loss at all for them.
You are not following along with what I’m saying.

The PS5 disc and discless version will always cost about the same bom as each other.

If the discless version is always $100 cheaper then it doesn’t matter how much the components come down, they are still selling it at a $100 loss compared to the disc version.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's nuts if your account has an issue u can lose access to all the games u paid for. It's disgusting.

If these are going to be licensed products for the same price as the physical, and you can lose access to them, a lawsuit needs to happen, to reduce their price

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are not following along with what I’m saying.

The PS5 disc and discless version will always cost about the same bom as each other.

If the discless version is always $100 cheaper then it doesn’t matter how much the components come down, they are still selling it at a $100 loss compared to the disc version.

Oh my bad. :ehh:

a 50 dollar price difference does make more sense, but 100 does seem weird.

If the discless had less storage it'd make more sense.