How many of you have no desire to get Married?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Isn't this type of thing dependant on the people you meet?
What kind of man wants to get married just because?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. We call that a common-law marriage. :comeon:

But why put your kids through the shame of having different last names from their mother? Especially if you're gonna be a family and stay loyal for life anyway? :yeshrug:

You're aware this can still happen even IF you're married, correct? Women don't always take their husband's last names.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
:whoa: I give birth to the kid and we're not married? Put a hyphen in that shyt.
Actually, regardless the kid is getting a hyphen :manny:
You think like a black woman no wonder why we have issues in our communities.
You feminize boys from birth and you still don't understand why they grow up to become b!tch ass n!ggas

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Your kids can have your last name without you having to get married...

:what: And the mama too, breh?

You're aware this can still happen even IF you're married, correct? Women don't always take their husband's last names.

Yeah but that's just dumb. That's kind of a by-product of our broken families, chicks doing shyt like that. :heh:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Wow, one person can't be this dense.

Not getting married = not caring about black people? In this thread I've seen you insinuate that kids in married homes don't commit crimes, that a poster's unborn son will die of murder because he doesn't want to get married, and that not wanting to get married means you're estrogen filled (despite the fact that women crave getting married).

I don't even see how @BlvdBrawler has been able to respond so many times to your strawman arguments. All you can do is attack his character by saying he likes cartoons or implying he lives with his parents despite not having any evidence of the fact, rather than present a logical explanation for your stance. It's ridiculous that you can't accept some men not wanting to get married -- what are you, the marriage Gestapo?

You can't give me one reason for not getting married that isn't selfish. You don't see how selfishness is bad for a community? Then you call me dense? :heh:

You don't see how if our kids have families they won't ever have to be "walking to their dad's house". They'd be walking home. Period. And when there are a lot of families, who know each other and look out for one another, principles learned in family life, that's called a community. And everybody in a strong community knows everybody. So there would be no "who is that in the hoodie?"

Like I said, do you, but you can't deny your decision is not helping humanity, it's actually a detriment. Just as long as you know what you're arguing for. :yeshrug:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
You can't give me one reason for not getting married that isn't selfish. You don't see how selfishness is bad for a community? Then you call me dense? :heh:

You don't see how if our kids have families they won't ever have to be "walking to their dad's house". They'd be walking home. Period. And when there are a lot of families, who know each other and look out for one another, principles learned in family life, that's called a community. And everybody in a strong community knows everybody. So there would be no "who is that in the hoodie?"

Like I said, do you, but you can't deny your decision is not helping humanity, it's actually a detriment. Just as long as you know what you're arguing for. :yeshrug:

What if someone doesn't want kids or marriage?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The weird thing about this thread, marriage is more beneficial for the man. In the professional world, single men aren't taken seriously. After a certain point, People will not promote you to high level positions if they see you always bringing a new chick the office party. It's not a good look, it comes off as immature.

Honestly, wives are super helpful. Sometimes I wish I had a wife and I'm a woman. Husband's are just not as helpful professionally. For a woman, getting married is like taking on a second full time job, with no pay. Women take a hit professionally when they get married. We do most of the domestic work, and many of us work full time, and then there is maternity leave, marriage is terrible for a woman's career.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
The weird thing about this thread, marriage is more beneficial for the man. In the professional world, single men aren't taken seriously. After a certain point, People will not promote you to high level positions if they see you always bringing a new chick the office party. It's not a good look, it comes off as immature.

Honestly, wives are super helpful. Sometimes I wish I had a wife and I'm a woman. Husband's are just not as helpful professionally. For a woman, getting married is like taking on a second full time job, with no pay. Women take a hit professionally when they get married. We do most of the domestic work, and many of us work full time, and then there is maternity leave, marriage is terrible for a woman's career.

I'm not disagreeing at all with what your saying, but the double standard really grinds my gears...A single man who chooses not to fall into the marriage matrix so early is looked down upon when trying to move up in the upper echelons of the professional world, but the gay man is excused from this same scrutiny and quickly promoted:beli:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I'm not disagreeing at all with what your saying, but the double standard really grinds my gears...A single man who chooses not to fall into the marriage matrix so early is looked down upon when trying to move up in the upper echelons of the professional world, but the gay man is excused from this same scrutiny and quickly promoted:beli:

Not down south they don't :heh:

As far as this thread? All I'm gonna say is this: you get out what you put in. That goes for men and women.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

:what:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
my grandfather is a staunch Italian catholic and when i told him getting married wasn't all that important to me he wasn't happy.
i got some of the reasons why its a great thing and how he put it across but i explained if i can't find that sort of love that i saw from him and my grandmother, i wouldn't settle and he understood.

i've never been a big relationship person..i only really want a girlfriend when i'm feeling sick or hungover but now when you live in another country for a short space of time and everybody thats close to you aren't available when you want to see them the appeal of a relationship and finding love definitely grows bigger.