How many of you have no desire to get Married?

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
The weird thing about this thread, marriage is more beneficial for the man. In the professional world, single men aren't taken seriously. After a certain point, People will not promote you to high level positions if they see you always bringing a new chick the office party. It's not a good look, it comes off as immature.

Honestly, wives are super helpful. Sometimes I wish I had a wife and I'm a woman. Husband's are just not as helpful professionally. For a woman, getting married is like taking on a second full time job, with no pay. Women take a hit professionally when they get married. We do most of the domestic work, and many of us work full time, and then there is maternity leave, marriage is terrible for a woman's career.

Single people can work longer hours then married people. The married people at my office are always dipping out early or taking off a lot of time to tend to their families. If I was a manager I would hire single people that had a lot of free time to grind hard.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
The weird thing about this thread, marriage is more beneficial for the man. In the professional world, single men aren't taken seriously. After a certain point, People will not promote you to high level positions if they see you always bringing a new chick the office party. It's not a good look, it comes off as immature.

Honestly, wives are super helpful. Sometimes I wish I had a wife and I'm a woman. Husband's are just not as helpful professionally. For a woman, getting married is like taking on a second full time job, with no pay. Women take a hit professionally when they get married. We do most of the domestic work, and many of us work full time, and then there is maternity leave, marriage is terrible for a woman's career.

I've only been in the corporate world for about a year, so I'm not sure how true this is in real life, but I can see the logic in this. Studies show that on an age-adjusted basis, married men make more money. You have to wonder though if it's because married men are simply grinding harder than single men because they have more mouths to feed or if it's because employers take married men more seriously, so they give them more responsibilities.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes. We call that a common-law marriage. :comeon:

But why put your kids through the shame of having different last names from their mother? Especially if you're gonna be a family and stay loyal for life anyway? :yeshrug:
my mother and father have been married several decades and still are. i don't have my mother's last name and they were married when they had me.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Single people can work longer hours then married people. The married people at my office are always dipping out early or taking off a lot of time to tend to their families. If I was a manager I would hire single people that had a lot of free time to grind hard.

That works up to a point.

You gotta understand though, people like people they can relate too. They want to give married+kids people that look. As they're probably in that same position of trying to balance family and work.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't for the life of me see why any employer wouldn't take a single person seriously. I've never seen that.

People who have more time on their hands and less personal commitments and distractions are a huge asset to any company. It's about profit, not about who you have on your arm for goodness sake....

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
if any employer is looking at someone being single or married to work for there company need there fuking head examine..

there's positives and negatives to each situation. the shyt is so stupid

well i'm hiring john over robert because john is a married man and i feel he have a better understanding and more serious.. 2 months later john is getting a divorce because he been cheating on his wife with a co-worker... FOH

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that people are "looking" for single vs married workers :comeon:, its just that there is a bias against single men after a you reach a certain point. It's not intentional, it's more unconscious than anything else. After a certain point, the quality of work you do matters, but your social capital and manuevering that the right way, also matters as well. women are just better than men at this IMO. Having a wife that can host a good holiday dinner, play nice with the other wives, get your kinds into the right schools that your fellow partners' children attend, schedule play dates for your kids with other kids in the office, this is an asset that you really cant put a price on. women are good at this type of thing in a way that men just aren't.

A lot of black ppl don't understand that what happens outside the office is just as important as what happens inside the office. They grind and wonder why they're efforts aren't noticed, but people promote people they like and want to work around.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
If you would have asked me this question earlier this year it would have been a no brainer thought.....No I don't want to get married and no I don't want to have children but now I'm torn....On one hand I don't want to get married or have children but on the other hand I see the bigger picture.

Honestly I love my freedom and I love waking up and doing exactly what I want to do every single day of my life. Most people can't say that but I literally can as a person who works for himself and haven't been in a relationship in 5 years, I haven't done ONE thing I didn't want to do in a long time. It's also given me power when dealing with women because I don't have shyt to lose.....If I had more money I can't imagine how crazy life would be with that same freedom. The possibilities are fukking endless...I'm never really bored right now because I constantly keep busy. I literally wake up when I want, work when I want, speak how I want, tweet how I want.......it's incredible. Now think about all the compromises you have to make at your job? Think about all the compromises you have to make in a relationship so you and your partner can be happy.........I for the most part don't have to make many of those.

I remember speaking with my shrink earlier this year about trading some of that freedom for more happiness.....and that's what marriage seems like to me. Gambling for more happiness with your freedom, among other things. As much as some of us on this boards are loners (I am, despite working in a social industry) I do think the majority of people would be happier with their ideal mate, unfortunately it's just not easy to find in this day and age.

It's one thing to not to want to be married or have children when your mother and father are still your alive, you still see your friends regularly, most of your social circle doesn't have kids, you're still going out partying, club/bar hopping regularly and it's not weird to show up dateless to certain social functions.........but when you're 50-60, your parents aren't around, you don't see your friends as much, I can see being single, married without children and family being lonely as fukk. That's simply the part I haven't figured out yet which makes marriage/having kids a real dilemma. Being Single now is easy, there are still plenty of people concerned for my well being.....I'm not sure many of us are truly prepared for what it means to be single when you're older, especially if you come from a small family. Aging alone is tough....It seems like your life would have to basically revolve around work/volunteering so you get some sort of human interaction.

The harsh reality is that both options suck.....

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

plus they probably jealous of single dudes with no baby mama drama
offcourse if you bringing new chick to work every party people will hate and get jelly :manny:

majority of married men if given the chance would love to go back to being single
especially if they aint :flabbynsick:

marriage benefits women more :manny:
d1ck has no expiration date :manny: no homo
p*ssy does :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you would have asked me this question earlier this year it would have been a no brainer thought.....No I don't want to get married and no I don't want to have children but now I'm torn....On one hand I don't want to get married or have children but on the other hand I see the bigger picture.

Honestly I love my freedom and I love waking up and doing exactly what I want to do every single day of my life. Most people can't say that but I literally can as a person who works for himself and haven't been in a relationship in 5 years, I haven't done ONE thing I didn't want to do in a long time. It's also given me power when dealing with women because I don't have shyt to lose.....If I had more money I can't imagine how crazy life would be with that same freedom. The possibilities are fukking endless...I'm never really bored right now because I constantly keep busy. I literally wake up when I want, work when I want, speak how I want, tweet how I want.......it's incredible. Now think about all the compromises you have to make at your job? Think about all the compromises you have to make in a relationship so you and your partner can be happy.........I for the most part don't have to make many of those.

I remember speaking with my shrink earlier this year about trading some of that freedom for more happiness.....and that's what marriage seems like to me. Gambling for more happiness with your freedom, among other things. As much as some of us on this boards are loners (I am, despite working in a social industry) I do think the majority of people would be happier with their ideal mate, unfortunately it's just not easy to find in this day and age.

It's one thing to not to want to be married or have children when your mother and father are still your alive, you still see your friends regularly, most of your social circle doesn't have kids, you're still going out partying, club/bar hopping regularly and it's not weird to show up dateless to certain social functions.........but when you're 50-60, your parents aren't around, you don't see your friends as much, I can see being single, married without children and family being lonely as fukk. That's simply the part I haven't figured out yet which makes marriage/having kids a real dilemma. Being Single now is easy, there are still plenty of people concerned for my well being.....I'm not sure many of us are truly prepared for what it means to be single when you're older, especially if you come from a small family. Aging alone is tough....It seems like your life would have to basically revolve around work/volunteering so you get some sort of human interaction.

The harsh reality is that both options suck.....

Who is the oldest single person without kids on this board? Can someone explain what that life is like, I'm curious.

The unfortunate reality for men is that you all die much earlier when you're not married. Because I work in medicine, I see exactly how it plays out. Men can't manage their own health for isht. It's so confusing. If a guy comes into the ER or the doctor's office he is very unhelpful, he will literally tell you to ask his wife, even when it's questions about his own medical history. They never know what meds they're on, whether they've been screened for something, where their medical records are held, it's crazy. I see this play out win my parents, and I'm seein it play out in my own relationships.

Rather than throwing marriage under the bus, I think guys need to just do better about picking the appropriate partners. Someone whose goals and aspirations in life align well with yours, someone who is a good team player, etc. Things are always better when you have two people proof together towards something as opposed to working alone.

Guys choose women based on the dumbest stuff and then they wonder why they have such shytty relationships. It's sad.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Pros and cons about marriage should be discussed by people that are or were married. Lots of hypotheticals and stats, very little first hand knowledge .

Everybody else should sit back and listen or tell us what they've heard from others (parents, friends, etc.)

And not all people that were married are against it. You got cats that get married over and over again.

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
It's good there are people who are honest about not wanting to get married. Now if only those same people would NOT procreate and bring more children into the world out of wedlock, things would be better. Don't want marriage? Don't blame you. Just stop fukking around making babies as if that's any better than dodging marriage.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
what women are in this thread telling men thats its beneficial for them to get married?

never listen to a women advice breh just skip over it