How many of you have no desire to get Married?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reading this as a married man, I can see both sides of the argument. At the end of the day, it's all in how you are as a person. I came from a 2 parent house hold, so maybe that has something to do with, I don't know...

If you can't be content with 1 person, then obviously marriage isn't for you. Why knock it for people who are fine with that? There are pros to monogamy that I think go without needing explanation.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Reading this as a married man, I can see both sides of the argument. At the end of the day, it's all in how you are as a person. I came from a 2 parent house hold, so maybe that has something to do with, I don't know...

If you can't be content with 1 person, then obviously marriage isn't for you. Why knock it for people who are fine with that? There are pros to monogamy that I think go without needing explanation.

Finally someone with sense.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Rain%203.jpeg

"Never Get Married."

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I very much want to get married, build a solid foundation and have 1 or 2 children.
My parents have been happily married for 32 years and this is my blueprint. I'm doubtful that I will have the same luck. My fears stem from the following:
  • Bleak economic outlook for the UK
  • Higher relative cost of living nowadays
  • High divorce rates
  • Low moral fibre of both women and men nowadays
  • A lot of quality black women here in the UK being on the "no nikkaz" vibe and only dealing with CACs. I don't want to marry a white chick :to:
I find heterosexual men who don't want to get married and have a stable life to be funny. Dudes just remind me of Paulie in the Sopranos:russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to get married eventually. I'm enjoying single life for now.

A good marriage benefits both partners. People who dismiss probably just haven't experienced life yet, having a teammate and best friend to support you when life gets hard (and it will) is literally invaluable. You can't put a price on it.

There's is a reason why married men are happier and healthier on average and live longer than their single counterparts.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If I wasn't with the woman I'm with I probably would be against marriage. I come from a two parent home so to me it is natural, but if I didn't have her I'd probably just go the bachelor route for the rest of my life.

There are plenty of women out there I find attractive, but I can count on 1 hand how many of those I'd be willing to spend the rest of my life with. Generally speaking the odds of finding someone you mesh with and can grow with are ridiculously low, your marriage better be based on more than just how the other person looks or "makes you feel" cause both of those things change over time.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though I said I didn't want to get married earlier, I don't fukk with those "Get married brehs" dudes. I don't necessarily believe marriage has no benefits for the man and that women get all the rewards if they spit up. Plus, those dudes are fukking hypocrites.

You say men shouldn't marry... but you shyt on single mothers. :what:
You say men shouldn't marry... but you shyt on older women who never married. :what:
You say men shouldn't marry... but you shyt on MEN WHO DIDN'T MARRY. :mindblown:

I don't fukk with this idea that NOT getting married is the downfall of the black community either. It's no different than having kids. Some people realize they wouldn't be good parents, and take steps to avoid that. Some people realize they wouldn't be good spouses, so they take steps to avoid that too. There's nothing wrong with that.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I'm getting married no matter what

but aint no nikka tryna jump into a marriage anywhere below the age of 30, with a well established career

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Marriage is really two different things. a social contract and a binding legal one. most of the pro-marriage people are pro-marriage because of its social aspects. most of the anti-marriage people are against it for the legal aspects of it.

i'm of the perspective that the social aspects of marriage are irrelevant. if a marriage fails socially it ending doesn't matter much. the social aspects of it can be filled by other people anyway. legally if a marriage fails you aren't just able to walk away. you have to answer to that so that's what really matters.

there are a lot of people that go with the flow of society that says you date for a while and after a given period things should advance to marriage. they do this brainlessly accepting what society tells them they should do. the only reason one should get married is because it legally works to your advantage to do so something that is an afterthought to many who marry.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
that marriage shyt is a double edged sword. on one hand you dont wanna be the guy who gets married too young because people dont really know what they want out of life until they are a little older, which is why you see all these young people getting married then getting divorced a couple years later, they never shoulda been married in the first place. Then on the other hand you have the 50+ year old bachelor, which no guy should want to be, yeah you can fukk the emotionally disturbed 19 years old who have a fetish for old men cause they were molested when they were younger but those bytches are crazy as fukk so is it really worth it? also you inevitably will end up as the 'old guy in the club' or just the old guy hanging around places where only young people are supposed to be hanging out at.

:ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Then on the other hand you have the 50+ year old bachelor, which no guy should want to be.
so you desire marriage for the sake of not being alone? if we wanna look at marriage purely socially to me it should work like this you meet a woman and come to the natural conclusion that you're going to spend the rest of your life with her then you desire marriage.

its the difference between i wan't even thinking about marriage until i met her and wanted to be with her forever and i wanna get married one day so i dated around looking for a woman to fill the role of wife and i met her. basically if you have the latter attitude then if the woman you end up marrying isn't really special to you and if she didn't fill that role someone else would have.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
I didn't until I met and fell in love with someone from another country. Logistics are different so a legal marriage is necessary. Never desired a traditional union outside of that though.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Let's just call it a truce brehs!

If you never ever want kids and are 100% sure of this, snip ur tubes and enjoy the single life. if u really don't feel like marriage is for u I'm not knocking u at all. Just don't knock us. Some of us do think about our legacy and being a granpa someday and growing old with somebody. We kno it's a risk and that it requires work but the reward is worth it in the end.