How many of you have no desire to get Married?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just got out of a year and a half relationship that resulted in a daughter in my mid 20's. Im too young to think about, want or even have a NEED for marriage whatsoever.

Did you and your shorty ever talk about kids before she hit you with the "I'm pregnant and keeping it :ufdup:" ether?

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
I think before I would ever advocate marriage, I believe there needs to be a reprogramming of thought, especially in the African American community. We need traditional roles instilled. We need women who want to be women and men who want to be men. We need men who want to be providers and responsible for their family and woman. We need women who want to support their husbands and raise their families. The problem has always been:

1) More women are becoming head of household (whether by choice or by default) and they no longer need or want a provider. They want to be equals on every level, yet be a woman when convenient.

2) Men are not establishing themselves, being more responsible with their lives, and being faithful to their women.

3) We also live in a capitalistic society which breeds selfishness and this me first mentally.

And because of these things, the inevitable will occur

Good women stop trusting men because they can't provide or be faithful

Good men stop wanting to deal with women because these women are either two focused on showing their strength and independence, or just whores that can't be trusted

People start to realize that they need to use relationships to simply get what they want from it.

But even deeper than that, there are social constructs that we need to overcome. Men not able to find jobs. High incarceration rates, lack of education, men raised in single mother homes being taught how do deal with women in a feminine way, etc. Girls being raised to be head of the household and told to never depend on a man for anything which eventually translates into not needing a man. Multiple sexual partners is now acceptable for women to have, using men for material goods, etc.

Our experiences mold us. It creates a cycle. Bad guy hurts good girl, good girl turns into bad girl and hurts good guy, good guy turns into bad guy

So before I would ever advocate for marriage, we would have to learn how to respect and acknowledge each other in terms of gender, our roles, and what we mean to each other.

But I don't see that happening soon.... so

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
How is this horseshyt? How does one side of the race completely shunning the idea of marriage ever help out a community? Are the same people also, ya know, shunning sex as well?

Gonna use a **** line here, but what you guys want is all of the privilege with none of the responsibility.

In the situations that you all want, pregnancy is pretty unavoidable. There's a reason none of you are rushing to get vasectomies and that's because you (subconsciously) want to have kids, which is crazy because you don't want to get married. If y'all are so about that life, why do none of you have vasectomies yet?! :damn:

I will be damned if any woman who is not in my family, lives under my roof (and with the way laws are set up today) and I still be financially responsible for her if she decides to leave. I will be damn if I live in a separate house from my family and leave them open to predators and my kids open to other men being around them. What you all are pretty much saying is that you're fine with all of that :damn: :damn: :damn:

That's just a little weird to me. Maybe if one of y'all could explain it better. But from what I'm seeing, every nikka in here wants kids and wants to make that kid himself, otherwise you'd be smart, freeze your sperm up, and get the big snip. But no one here has done that, meaning that we have a lot of irresponsible dudes talking something, that if they go through with it in the way they are now, will probably lead to some detrimental situations for society in the future. Get that snip brehs.

:what:

You clearly didn't read a single thing I said. I don't know what the hell you're ranting about.

Last edited:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
This whole thread is a fukking joke.

If you have no desire to get married, good for you. No need to bash the guys who would like to jump the broom themselves.

But I'm in the minority when I mean this: Black, parents had me and my sister under wedlock and there was NO signs infidelity during their marriage (dad passed in '98) . So kill it with the race and statistic bullshyt. I don't fit in with that.

Reincar is still hurting from the ether his exes gave him so I can see why he's so bitter about a guy getting married.

A lot of guys on here need to think further than sex when it comes to getting married. If you can't deal with the person after bussin' that nut, then what's the point with being with her longer than that?

And I never liked Married With Children despite having a dope Al Bundy shirt.

I see you @Jesus Shuttlesworth :salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marriage ain't gotta be bad if you do it right. I agree that certain laws should be changed, but talkin' shyt on a message board or dropping marriage completely ain't gonna do the trick. In fact, leaving unwed mothers is just gonna make people punish unmarried dudes/fathers more in the long run. We could have a mass "Don't get married brehs" movement, but dudes are still gonna be knockin' bytches up which will only incite government anger towards fathers and bring about harsher laws in child support and divorce proceedings.

Cats better recognize this....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you're going to engage in any long term relationship you don't plan on ending you'll likely have to consider marriage. Marriage has advantages such as taxes, hospital visitation, leaving your spouse or them leaving you their assets in death.

A life long relationship without marriage is to your determent. This brings you to the obvious point. If you have no desire to get married then committed relationships themselves become something not worth bothering with.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This whole thread is a fukking joke.

If you have no desire to get married, good for you. No need to bash the guys who would like to jump the broom themselves.

But I'm in the minority when I mean this: Black, parents had me and my sister under wedlock and there was NO signs infidelity during their marriage (dad passed in '98) . So kill it with the race and statistic bullshyt. I don't fit in with that.

Reincar is still hurting from the ether his exes gave him so I can see why he's so bitter about a guy getting married.

A lot of guys on here need to think further than sex when it comes to getting married. If you can't deal with the person after bussin' that nut, then what's the point with being with her longer than that?

And I never liked Married With Children despite having a dope Al Bundy shirt.

I see you @Jesus Shuttlesworth :salute:

:whew:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
:what:

You clearly didn't read a single thing I said. I don't know what the hell you're ranting about.
I read what you posted, it's just that all of my post wasn't directed at everything you said, rather the whole thread.

But explain to me how lack of marriages benefits the black community? I'm seriously interested in hearing this. :popcorn:

Edit: Also, what are you doing to actively ensure that no "b*stards" are made from your decisions? You have had a vasectomy, correct?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I read what you posted, it's just that all of my post wasn't directed at everything you said, rather the whole thread.

But explain to me how lack of marriages benefits the black community? I'm seriously interested in hearing this. :popcorn:

Edit: Also, what are you doing to actively ensure that no "b*stards" are made from your decisions? You have had a vasectomy, correct?

I don't know, you tell me....because I never said or even remotely implied that.

Why you feel the need to ask the next man about something like vasectomies is anyone's guess, but it's obvious you're just trolling and not in the mood for serious discussion.