how many black folk here had both parents growing up?

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Grew up with both parents. They will reach 38 years of marriage in September of this year. I just visited them on Monday, and they are more happy now than they ever were. i admire them a lot. truly wonderful people.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Sounds like they were just staying together just for u.

yeah I know a couple ppl like this.

As far as the thread my folks been divorced for as long as I can remember. But they both in our lives as a matter fact they split the kids, me and my brother lived with moms and our sister lived with pops.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My parents were together my whole youth growing up.

Barely.....

When I was 9 and we were living in Cleveland my Mom got fed up with my Pops and his playa ways and told him she was taking me and my older sister to Texas (she graduated college in Texas). In a last ditch effort my Dad said he was coming too and he needed a change of scenary. We moved to texas and held it dwn as a fam.

My Mom passed away when I was 20. She gave me plenty of jewels but damn right tat that time I had a baby on the way and was bullshytting in college.

Even from 20y/o up its hard without both parents.

I got alot of respect for those who grew up in 1 parent household man and are still out here being productive adults, I used to be envious of all my friends whose Dads weren't around cause they could stay out as late as they wanted, have girls over their crib at night, wear whatever they wanted, But when I got older i realize what my parents were doing and now that I have kids it all makes sense :ohhh:

:myman: i felt the EXACT same way about my pops for the same reasons :krs: ....i actually wished that he would go to work and never come home :snoop: but like you, i didn't realize what he was doing until i had kids. now i'm raising a teen, and i totally understand why he was so hard on me. teens are fukkin loony toons....:scusthov:

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
folks been together for 33 years. they are doing well :obama:

i don't believe in marriage though and will never get married (no h0m0) :win:

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
A female friend of mine makes those types of comments. "Oh my dad used pay attention to me and knew what was going on with my friends..he was there ALL the time. :why: He'd come from work straight home (he had his own businesses)"

Me: :mindblown: :rudy: :aicmon:

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
My parents split when I was 3. I always saw my Pops though. Just talked to him yesterday.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
My parents split when I was like 8,
I lived with my mom for about 3 years and said I cant take this shyt.
Went to live with my pop til I graduated high school.

My mom was always crazy as hell :wow: I went to visit her on holidays and that was always a challenge.​

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
My parents split when I was like 8,
I lived with my mom for about 3 years and said I cant take this shyt.
Went to live with my pop til I graduated high school.

My mom was always crazy as hell :wow: I went to visit her on holidays and that was always a challenge.​

Dude you grew up like Trey from "Boys In The Hood" :russ:

@OP
Parents were never together, but I knew both growing up :ld: