how many black folk here had both parents growing up?

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
I'm bitter as fukk of people who have their mother. :to: I tend to latch on to my friend's mothers.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Both of mines are still together. 40 year anniversary is coming up in a couple years.

If it wasnt for religious pressure (Father is a pastor) I believe they would have split about 15-20 years ago tho.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
My parents were together my whole youth growing up.

Barely.....

When I was 9 and we were living in Cleveland my Mom got fed up with my Pops and his playa ways and told him she was taking me and my older sister to Texas (she graduated college in Texas). In a last ditch effort my Dad said he was coming too and he needed a change of scenary. We moved to texas and still had some issues but overall we held it down as a fam.

My Mom passed away when I was 20. She left me plenty of jewels but damn right at that time I had a baby on the way and was bullshytting in college.

Even from 20y/o up its hard without both parents.

I got alot of respect for those who grew up in 1 parent household man and are still out here being productive adults, I used to be envious of all my friends whose Dads weren't around cause they could stay out as late as they wanted, have girls over their crib at night, wear whatever they wanted, But when I got older i realize what my parents were doing and now that I have kids it all makes sense :ohhh:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Both of mines are still together. 40 year anniversary is coming up in a couple years.

If it wasnt for religious pressure (Father is a pastor) I believe they would have split about 15-20 years ago tho.

My folk celebrated they 40th last year...threw them a big party with all they friends. ..the speeches that they friends gave about them. ...:sadbron:.....as fukked up as our generation is with relationships. ..I still want that kind of longevity if I tie the knot....