how many black folk here had both parents growing up?

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Had both of my parents and they are still together. I said this before but my father was always "right down the hall". They have been married for 41 years this year. Even lived in the same house up until I moved out. They are still there. My brother is 26 and he's moving out this weekend.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
I grew up with both parents and that wasnt uncommon with my circle of friends when I was in elementary..All my friends had both parents in the home and all the parents knew each other..It wasnt until middle/high school that I recognized how widespread the problem was..

I am grateful for that and I hope that I can provide the same stability to my future children as well..

My parents are divorced now though..

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
NKl4B.png
Black Families

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
My dad literally left the month after I went off to college. :pachaha: Great he didn't bail out before, don't know how I would've turned out

Edit: Wow, I see a lot of people have similar stories. I wonder if this is common.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Damn that must of been hard. Were you raised by your pops?

Yeah,I hope BK approve this one. It can become the :childplease: of last year

My mom and dad was together for 11 years and divorced when i was 9-10.

Yea it's still hard honestly I imagine I would give a fukk if she didn't pass. My dad raised me they were married when she passed. We moved from NJ to Florida after she died. We need that smiley tho :dead:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Yea it's still hard honestly I imagine I would give a fukk if she didn't pass. My dad raised me they were married when she passed. We moved from NJ to Florida after she died. We need that smiley tho :dead:

Did your dad re marry? Or did he raise you alone?