How Has Chinatown Stayed Chinatown?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
yea its a double edge sword, the only good times people can remember were some of the worst in American history, and being that everyone bounced who did have a little money the city was ripe for everything to become the playground for the 1%. Some of the prices of stuff I see in NYC just dont make sense , like you have all this housing but it aint that many wealthy people so what gives?

I'll take raising my family in a safe, clean, renovated gentrified neighborhood, over a hood which still got the same bullshyt going on for the last 20+ years

Fort Greene BK might be the best place in NYC IMO to live, actual legit diversity, lot of black folk and other races mixed and everything on the come up and pretty damn safe. I'd be ok raising my kid for a couple years there

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'll take raising my family in a safe, clean, renovated gentrified neighborhood, over a hood which still got the same bullshyt going on for the last 20+ years

Fort Greene BK might be the best place in NYC IMO to live, actual legit diversity, lot of black folk and other races mixed and everything on the come up and pretty damn safe. I'd be ok raising my kid for a couple years there
I dont care about diversity, because that aint gonna raise a black child any better when in so called diverse areas people stick to their own ethinic groups. Why do blacks wait on whites to gentrify communities instead lf doing it themselves? Non black groups gentrify neighborhoods and end up getting the property CHEAP thus building wealth when the property values increase, then dumb ass blacks try to move in because they hear its a hot spot and end up paying a premium/inflated prices. Theses places were black communities prior so why do pur dumb asses leave them to rot and then try to move back in when we cant afford to anymore? This is the dumbest ish ever.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
lol the black middle class left Harlem DECADES ago
I mentioned in another thread that a key indicator that a black neighborhood will fall to shyt in 10 to 20 years when the middle class, skilled, and upwardly mobile blacks leave en masse. Not that White flight bullshyt. One thing middle class blacks need to do is network with their own, become more elitist, and build communities. Everyone can't come with. Cousin Ray Ray and 'nem or those country ass relatives will bring the property value down. Think everyone should read Our Kind of People by Graham and Garvey's Life and Lessons to understand how important family and professional networks are in addition to building infrastructure, cultural pride, and economic independence.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I dont care about diversity, because that aint gonna raise a black child any better when in so called diverse areas people stick to their own ethinic groups. Why do blacks wait on whites to gentrify communities instead lf doing it themselves? Non black groups gentrify neighborhoods and end up getting the property CHEAP thus building wealth when the property values increase, then dumb ass blacks try to move in because they hear its a hot spot and end up paying a premium/inflated prices. Theses places were black communities prior so why do pur dumb asses leave them to rot and then try to move back in when we cant afford to anymore? This is the dumbest ish ever.

I agree diversity doesn't raise a child, but it helps and it's better then Williamsburg which is 99% cac. Have you been to Fort Greene? I agree that black folk fukked up bad not buying property but it's done now, everything is snatched up in places where people actually want to live and have a business

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree diversity doesn't raise a child, but it helps and it's better then Williamsburg which is 99% cac. Have you been to Fort Greene? I agree that black folk fukked up bad not buying property but it's done now, everything is snatched up in places where people actually want to live and have a business
I've never been to Brooklyn only Harlem and other parts of Manhattan. My thing is the "hood" areas I would assume have "affordable" places to live, so unless they are in the outskirts no reason why Black middle classes aint building them up. Black folks want to be in the good areas and send their kids to the good schools while other ethnic groups MAKE their areas the "good" areas.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I've never been to Brooklyn only Harlem and other parts of Manhattan. My thing is the "hood" areas I would assume have "affordable" places to live, so unless they are in the outskirts no reason why Black middle classes aint building them up. Black folks want to be in the good areas and send their kids to the good schools while other ethnic groups MAKE their areas the "good" areas.

Where do you live?