How Has Chinatown Stayed Chinatown?

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
People off the boat are not moving up economic rank to buy better property in Chinatown, breh.

Their kids are the people who become middle class and move their parents into their homes in white communities.

Not in SF or NYC where the property and rent is ridiciculously expensive, no. In cities like Oakland, SFV, etc. yeah they do. Some don't move up but some do, you can't generalize every FOB as not being able to move up. The specific situation I was talking about for the most part requires you to already have family in the states anyway, there are people paying pennies for rent to live in someone's basement or kitchen or whatever the fukk in exchange for working for the family. They're not making much but their not paying much either, it adds up eventually. I've seen it with my own eyes, you're not telling me it doesn't happen. It may happen more so with Mexicans than Chinese people but it happens in Oakland Chinatown as well.

EDIT: San Gabriel Valley, not San Fernando Valley

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
That CCBA shyt has to be illegal

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
Black Americans honestly don't have shyt to unite ourselves except free will.
And bytching.. Black americans are great at that too!

Smh.. All y'all do is complain..

If you wanna learn a language there is no excuse in 2015.. You have free mobile apps, youtube and language sessions via skype..

Places like NY and Miami have huge spanish speaking populations and blacks still can't speak a lick of spanish besides 'hola, como estas and no bueno mami' :bryan:

Pathetic

to be honest, unless you literally just came to America, I dont respect anyone that isn't an elderly person that is unlearned, who won't speak english around me. 9 times out of 10 when folks switch up the language its because they dont want you to know what they are talking about, when I see that I just won't do business with the person.
Lol spoken like an entitled cac.. mad cause you can only speak English hahah

that's why i love speaking in a foreign language cause it gives you the upperhand and privacy

Case in point.. Last week my girl said she'd lost her keys..

I said cool, I'd leave mine under the rug..

If i didn't have the ability to communicate in a foreign language I guarantee that my neighbour would have broke into my shyt

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

No, prices are largely driven by supply and demand.. Economics 101

[QUOTE="kayslay, post: 15414092, member: 18517]Im really curious why people who aren't AA feel they can speaking in absolutes about my culture.

What culture? :russ:
[/QUOTE]

:dahell:

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
I asked a question..

Instead i get smiley faces and an accusation that i'm trolling?

In other words.. Y'all have got nothing lol

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Wow. A lot of nikkas hating in this thread instead of soaking up some game. Wouldn't expect anything different from you do nothing coli-militants.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
nikkas don't want to follow any rules
You can't shame a Strong Independent Black Woman
Who don't need no Man....

:manny:

I'm not saying we should 100% emulate the Chinese, they lead miserable low quality lives. This is how their life often goes :heh::

1) You are born with Hep C already in your liver because your daddy drank too much, fell in a dirty river in Shang Xi, passed out on the grass near a river bed. Came home and porked your momma while she was already pregnant and transmitted the Hep C to you.

2) Because doctors bills are high in China and there is no medical insurance your older sister was sold to the highest bidder to work off the debt your father got from a loan shark to pay for your medical bills.

3) Your father got into gambling to try and earn more money to get you sister back, fell deeper into debt and now your mother has been sent to America to give American Men hand jobs in massage parlors to bring in more money.

4) Your aunt manages to open a Chinese restaurant in bumfukk Ohio and sends for your mother working in NY to come work for her, she legally petitions for her

5) The money isn't enough from the restaurant to bring you over so you are stuck going to elementary school and everyone at school makes fun of you for having an alcoholic gambling father. Your sister is now sucking dikk in Japan and being held by the Yakuza for the time being because your father owes 100k and has no job.

6) The yakuza get tired of your sister and says she is looking old and not getting as many customers, pass her back to the triads who then transport her to New Jersey to suck some White Italian dikk. Some slob gets the hots for your sister buys her out from the brothel and pays your fathers debt so he can have an already washed up 25 year old slut at the age of 45.

7) She sends for you but your mother says no I don't want my child living with some Gweilo (Non-Chinese) instead she sends money to Beijing so you can go to a good high school there. You manage to get good grades and get into NYU. Your mother and your sister are helping with tuition money. Your white brother-in-law makes sure to remind you who got your sister out of slavery and paid off your daddy's debt so you could have a better life :smugbiden:.

OK the CAC part is not common obviously but there is a lot of debt to gangsters and some guy usually pays it off and then gets all the bytches in the family :pachaha:
You're obviously a crackkka posing as black. Either that or you're just an all around bytch ass nikka. Too much hate in your blood.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
You're obviously a crackkka posing as black. Either that or you're just an all around bytch ass nikka. Too much hate in your blood.

I am a crackkka because I know how Chinese people operate???? Have you even interacted with Chinese on the regular basis??? Do you even know what WeChat is my nikka???

dbc97d3b537a3b38f323b2cd9e97228de9342018e72bb18e3b36ec235a8783f5.jpg

Family Man

Banned
Daps
ebonics is decreolized to the fullest. while i have reservations, i do think Jamaicans should (and they have in Jamaica) start to standardize Patois and use it as a unifying force
All Jamaicans understand patios.