how hard is it to build your own PC?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I would get the 6870 and dump the optical drive unless you are getting blu-ray
tumblr_lk62ntvvBV1qcjzcm.gif

Aight. Am I ODing on the storage though?

I plan on coppin' a 3TB external at Best Buy for 99 as well on Black Friday

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
tumblr_lk62ntvvBV1qcjzcm.gif

Aight. Am I ODing on the storage though?

I plan on coppin' a 3TB external at Best Buy for 99 as well on Black Friday
man fukk external drives, That seems like a good deal at best buy...I would rip it out of the enclosure and put it in. I don't know how much of a collector you are...are you ripping your old movie collection or something?

Link your motherboard?

teacher

All Star
Daps
go cheaper on the motherboard. You can get something quality for about $50

i'm not to sure about this...i never skimped on my MOBO...though i'm not tryna get blue screens because i do real work on my PC as well.....this ain't 1998...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i'm not to sure about this...i never skimped on my MOBO...though i'm not tryna get blue screens.....this ain't 1998...
Those days are over, just make sure you get something decent. He will be fine with a MicroATX board...its not like he is about to crossfire or sli anything.

All those extra slots will be useless to him.

Also, if your motherboard only has 2 ram slots...get ONE stick of 8GB if thats all you can afford right now. Don't waste slots or money

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
man fukk external drives, That seems like a good deal at best buy...I would rip it out of the enclosure and put it in. I don't know how much of a collector you are...are you ripping your old movie collection or something?

Link your motherboard?

:ohhh:

Here's the motherboard though...
Newegg.com - ASRock B75 PRO3-M LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I picked that one because it had the 4 ram slots and the max it can handle is 32GBs... I figure that shyt will give it pretty long longevity

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:ohhh:

Here's the motherboard though...
Newegg.com - ASRock B75 PRO3-M LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I picked that one because it had the 4 ram slots and the max it can handle is 32GBs... I figure that shyt will give it pretty long longevity
:ehh: that's a good motherboard, but I am not sure you will take advantage of all the features.

It all depends on what you want to do, but then again you might become a pc gamer once you see how cheap pc games are and much higher quality than consoles.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: that's a good motherboard, but I am not sure you will take advantage of all the features.

It all depends on what you want to do, but then again you might become a pc gamer once you see how cheap pc games are and much higher quality than consoles.

Yeah, I'm trying to relatively keep my options open. I mean I'm not trippin' over that 20 bucks to have something good like that.

I can always skimp on the HDD that I have on there now and save that way.

And there's a Micro Center an hour away from my house, maybe I can find some of this stuff even cheaper :yes:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
One thing I'll suggest is NOT to buy a cheap power supply. There are a lot of parts that you can be cheap about, but the power supply isn't one of them.

Many a good system have been brought down by a cheap ass PSU going bad. :smh:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also, just to give yal an FYI, one of those Samsung SSD's that I checked out on Amazon is giving away a free PC copy of AC3 with it.

It was 99 bucks for a 120GB SSD, just wanted to let yal know.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One thing I'll suggest is NOT to buy a cheap power supply. There are a lot of parts that you can be cheap about, but the power supply isn't one of them.

Many a good system have been brought down by a cheap ass PSU. :smh:

What brands/specs should I be checking for?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also, just to give yal an FYI, one of those Samsung SSD's that I checked out on Amazon is giving away a free PC copy of AC3 with it.

It was 99 bucks for a 120GB SSD, just wanted to let yal know.

Quoted with link.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-sata_6_0_gb-2-5-Inch-MZ-7TD120BW/dp/B009NHAF06/ref=dp_ob_title_ce]Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Samsung 840 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) 120 sata_6_0_gb 2.5-Inch MZ-7TD120BW: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Its hard like you're saying goodbye to yesterday but with the right amount of prep time you can defeat this challenge like batman.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
What brands/specs should I be checking for?

Seasonic is a little more expensive but as far as power supplies they are the luxury brands. They will last you forever. Alos you want to get one that has at least a bronze 80 Plus rating, gold being best as far as energy saving and lifespan. Google power supplies or look on newegg for more info. Other brands are Corsair,...cant think of anymore i'd trust. Here Newegg.com - Learning Center,Power Supplies