How does The Root feel about The Nation of Islam?

How do you feel?

• I believe it is good and most things about it are positive

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • I believe some of the things about it are good but majority is bad

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I believe it is negative but is not a hindrance to black advancement

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I believe it is negative and definitely hurts more than helps

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Can you explain why you say that. Using FACTS only. Clear causes and effects.
Facts?

Do you realize what this topic is about?

Theres few facts here. We're talking about preferences of human behavior.

Ultimately, I believe that once "religion" gets involved, especially the clear and blatant bullshyt that influences and is central to the NOI, I can not endorse it as a function of their religiosity.

Theres nothing they do, that I can't do or that they can't do without religion.

Community, activism, unity...etc...you don't need a religion to figure those things out.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The Teachings of the NOI are all allegory, so just reading a wiki on them I guarantee you, you dont even comprehend what you just read. Even then the NOI only talks "Religion" in their mosque, and even then they are teaching Ecomonics and doing for self and only use the Quaran and Bible as point of references to get the message across since "religion" is what blacks in America understand since it was beat into them.

Lol dudes just simply hate "religion" so much they will toss things they know nothing about to the bushes purely from the assumption that anyone who believes in the concept of a "Creator" acts the same as every other Pastor Porkchop clown.

Dudes think they know about the NOI because they read the Malcolm X bio and saw the Spike Lee flick.

If Malcolm X is someone you call a hero then you rock with the NOI point blank, because Malcolm was a literal avatar for Elijah Muhammad's teachings, every Malcolm Quote people love to talk about comes from The Hon. Elijah Muhammad. The only things Malcolm Did that was on his own was the "all whites aint bad" stuff which was done out of desperation.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts?

Do you realize what this topic is about?

Theres few facts here. We're talking about preferences of human behavior.

Ultimately, I believe that once "religion" gets involved, especially the clear and blatant bullshyt that influences and is central to the NOI, I can not endorse it as a function of their religiosity.

Theres nothing they do, that I can't do or that they can't do without religion.

Community, activism, unity...etc...you don't need a religion to figure those things out.
:mjlol:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
In December 1994, we were able to purchase, with contributions from the Three Year Economic Saving Program, some farmland located in Bronwood, Georgia. This land is located in the northeast corner of Terrell county, which is in the southwest part of Georgia, not far from the Florida border. The farm consists of 1556 acres of land that stretches 1.45 miles east and west and 2 miles north and south. The farm, which is called Muhammad Farms, was once part of a 4500-acre farm owned by the Nation of Islam until the 1970s. If it is Allah’s (God) will, with your continued support and prayers we plan to repurchase the remaining acreage in the near future. In our first year of farming we purchased three tractors, a new diesel farm truck, a new three bed-room double wide trailer (which is used as an office/living quarters), a large array of farm equipment, a refrigerated trailer for on-site vegetable storage and an irrigation system. In 1995 we planted and harvested 76.3 acres of land, including watermelons, cantaloupes, sweet corn, snap beans, okra, yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash, peas and greens.

The produce, excluding the greens and peas, was distributed to most of the Eastern, Mid-Atlantic, Central, Southern and Southwest regions of the Nation; the peas and greens were sold locally to co-ops. Our 1996 planting season was a remarkable improvement over the 1995 season. 250 acres of wheat, 80 acres of field corn, 150 acres of sorghum was planted, harvested and sold locally. We were blessed in our 1997 planting season to plant and harvest 450 acres of wheat, part of which was sold on the market and part was grounded into wheat flour. The vegetable crops consisted of 50 acres of navy beans, 40 acres of watermelons and 105 acres of assorted vegetables.

:wow::wow::wow:

Absolutely incredible

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad was the greatest leader for Black people in The United States the western hemisphere and for that matter, the world. And in all truth, his message was good for white people as well. Most people who speak negatively about the Nation of Islam know nothing about it.
Here is The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad's last lecture.
17:00 - 33:40 the then National Secretary (can't recall the Brother's name) speaks on the domestic and international infrastructure, businesses, accomplishments, and goals on the horizon for the Nation of Islam in February 1974.
At 30:00 he specifically counters the claims of being a "mom and pop" organization
Of course one should watch the entire lecture, but I just wanted to highlight the tangible, pragmatic, useful, and needed endeavors of the Nation of Islam at its apex of success

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I never claimed to be able to. Thats the problem. When you ASSERT this, however is where we have the problem
Well.... let me ask you this then.........

What do you believe when it comes to spirituality and religion? :mjpls: