How does The Root feel about The Nation of Islam?

How do you feel?

• I believe it is good and most things about it are positive

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • I believe some of the things about it are good but majority is bad

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I believe it is negative but is not a hindrance to black advancement

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I believe it is negative and definitely hurts more than helps

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
292970_511180638908970_526556052_n.jpg

WHITE GRAFTED CAUCASIAN DEVIL IN AN FOI UNIFORM UNDER THE LEADERSHIP & DIRECTION OF
MINISTER LOUIS FARRAKHAN. (The White Man is the Devil and can Never be your Brother.)

farrahkanology-jpg.127593

THE BLACK WOMAN AND BY EXTENSION, THE BLACK NATION BEING MENTALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY DESTROYED BY THE
POISON TEACHINGS OF THE WHITE GRAFTED CAUCASIAN DEVIL, L. RON HUBBARD

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
By the end of his life, after his Hajj to Mecca, Malcolm X was leaning toward mainstream non-radical Islam which was more aligned with an MLK Jr. peaceful approach. Kinda like Richard Pryor after going to Africa.

Wasn't trying to wash over any history, maybe just get some people to go read more about it because it was tumultuous time in history that takes a few chapters at least to understand fully.

If I`m not mistaken Malcolm had been to Mecca prior and around the white Muslims before, so it's funny he has a change of heart once he was kicked out the nation and his own following was little to none.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Personally, I strongly believe Pan-Africanism is ultimately the way forward for black people and I look up to Garvey way more than THEM, but even though I disagree with the religious aspect of it (that was great revolutionary information at the time) if most black folk adopted NOI over this damn christian religion, we'd be way ahead by now. NOI did waaay more for our people and addressed their needs than Christianity ever did, so I have to give them props for that and can't knock them in that sense.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
wrong.

and slander.

Farrakhan is saying that we never reject technology or knowledge regardless of who or what being has created it.

We use it for our own means and Under our OWN interpretations.

He adopted no other religion beside the Nations version of Islam.... and he's not defending or even supporting any white man --- he's simple says about Ron Hubbard ( or any dead white man for that matter)...... ---he (Hubbard) is dead so if he was racist, that isn't affecting me right now, it's not harming our people right now, and if I read a book, see a technology that can benefit the physiology and psychology of black people then I will use it.

basically.... some of the things he adopted were new age mental health technique .... outside the box of debatable and undependable current psychological practices.

What about where it says he adopted the symbol of the Cross, true or no :lupe:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The thing is NOI could have used Christianity and still made the progress as they use the bible in their teachings. The issue at hand is the Black church was created to keep blacks dumb and weak, you can have an AME based NOI type church/movement and blacks would still be too scared stand up for themselves. Orthodox Muslims would criticize the NOI saying they use the bible too much and sound like baptist preachers when they speak. Point blank Doing for self is universal and can be applied to any Abrahamic religion. Bible isnt telling blacks to be weak and docile, c00n preachers and their white over lords are.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
And this is my problems with Atheist, its not that they dont believe in God, its that they hate the religious establishments of the world and take their anger out on God as they dont understand the concept of a creator. atheist will be on some talking about c00n churhes, slavery, or why God allows good people to die opposed to providing proof that a Creator does not exist. Imo it would he more wise to say I dont know what God or the creator is opposed to say there is no creator because an atheist nor an actual "believer" can provide proof one is right and the other is wrong.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My African grandpa fukked with the nation in the 60s :banderas:

He owned businesses and stuff

Real estate broker

Cacs was hating on the original man with the original name and tongue :banderas:

My bloodline crazy :wow:

lol I`d post some stuff about my fam but it would be a tad intrusive so I will refrain, but on my moms side I pretty much come from a linage of Muslim Clan Chiefs, but my moms pops let the white missionaries in and covert them to Europeanized Christianity :mjcry:, my Grand Uncle who was also a chief and I believe had his own compound (he may be my Great Grandfather though, not sure, as I`ve heard mix things) was on that:scust: when it came to converting. Now that Ebola is gone from Liberia I`m looking forward to returning to both of my parents home Villages, my mom was like just wait till I get there and the people hear who's grand son I am :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::mjcry:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol I`d post some stuff about my fam but it would be a tad intrusive so I will refrain, but on my moms side I pretty much come from a linage of Muslim Clan Chiefs, but my moms pops let the white missionaries in and covert them to Europeanized Christianity :mjcry:, my Grand Uncle who was also a chief and I believe had his own compound (he may be my Great Grandfather though, not sure, as I`ve heard mix things) was on that:scust: when it came to converting. Now that Ebola is gone from Liberia I`m looking forward to returning to both of my parents home Villages, my mom was like just wait till I get there and the people hear who's grand son I am :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::mjcry:
:wow:
Our peoples been Muslim since the 700s ad

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Our peoples been Muslim since the 700s ad

My "tribe" is from the Mande (Manding) ethnic group which are the people who inhabited the land of the Sonhai, Ghana, and Mali kingdoms. Whats interesting is how in South America there are tons of areas with the name Mandinga which many believe is when the West Africans ventured to the Americas (before Columbus) they named many of the places they landed after themselves ie. Mandinga Bay/Lagoon in Mexico. The actual Tribe of Mansa Musa for example was Mandinka but once again all of the tribes of the area are Mande Tribes. When the kingdoms begun to fall that is when the people of the areas began to move to the coast of West Africa to spots like Sierra Leone, Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, and Ghana.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
NOI aint doing nothing but leading y'all to concentration camps and death. That groups started by an Edomite mason, FBI Informant who taught Elijah Muhammad.

This is the founder of NOI
willie.jpg

Any of you following NOI are going to die the death if you do not repent.