How does The Root feel about The Nation of Islam?

How do you feel?

• I believe it is good and most things about it are positive

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • I believe some of the things about it are good but majority is bad

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I believe it is negative but is not a hindrance to black advancement

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I believe it is negative and definitely hurts more than helps

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Brehs thank you for this thread:salute:. 5 star + rep
The noi and the nge if anything promote a mindset that is essential to the black community. They promote knowledge above all else, and only good can come from that. Regardless of the holes in their actual religious theories, they do a lot of good in practice

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps

There needs to be accountability for sh!t like this..

If you're brave enough to be that blatantly anti-Black that you take such a thread as the one above, and send it to The Bushes, then be brave enough to say who you are and WHY you sent it to The Bushes.

I'm sure I'm just talking to the wall at this point, though.

The cowardly agent-c00n who Bushed it is reading this right now, snickering, but will not say anything.

We truly need to find a site for US.

We shouldn't have to leech on to some Sports and Hip Hop site for our Black forum discussions.

We wouldn't have to worry about sh!t like the above.

Last edited:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yoursupermarketregisters1fg.jpg

yoursupermarket8hw.jpg

salaamrestaurant9ih.jpg

muhammadspeaksbank4kq.jpg

muhammadspeaksfish1mw.jpg

temple2clothingstore1at.jpg

diagram8bi.jpg

BbfHen7CQAAT3oq.jpg

APDTA
:blessed:

That's beautiful :mjcry:

10000288.jpg

10000289.jpg

10000290.jpg

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Despite some questionable travesties (Brotha Malcolm:rip: fiasco:to:), The N0I is vital for the

emPOWERrment of US; especially their teachings/lessons. Never forget POPs taking me to the

Javitz Center in 92, to witness Honorable Minister Farrakhan bringing the house down. At 7, I had my first EPIPHANY, and my young Mind was forever Sparked that faithful day:ohlawd::wow:

Last edited:

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
They are good for the uplifting of black people but that's about it.

Like any other religion, it's a temporary "fix" or bandaid, but ultimately not the solution for black people or anyone else.

Also, the 5% nation is NOT a split off from the NOI. One is a religion, and one deals with mathematics. We don't dismiss the founder of the 5%(Allah) history with the NOI, but we are not the same. Two totally different nations.

Peace

...that's all we want, that's all we ask.. as many in this thread have said, we could do without the religious aspects of their structure.

I know it'd be difficult to walk such a line with 0 amount of their religious influence, though..being that much of the steam behind their order and discipline is fueled by their spiritual beliefs..

But even with all that said, even with potential 'friction' over their religious beliefs, we would have still been better off living with the NOI mindset fermenting in our brains these past 100 years than the European mindset that was given to us.

It still would've been a far healthier, less violent, "friction", than the "frictions" we face today - a friction that comes from outsiders and friction that is self-inflicted due to lack of collective discipline/direction.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There needs to be accountability for sh!t like this..

If you're brave enough to be that blatantly anti-Black that you take such a thread as the one above, and send it to The Bushes, then be brave enough to say who you are and WHY you sent it to The Bushes.

I'm sure I'm just talking to the wall at this point, though.

The cowardly agent-c00n who Bushed it is reading this right now, snickering, but will not say anything.

We truly need to find a site for US.

We shouldn't have to leech on to some Sports and Hip Hop site for our Black forum discussions.

We wouldn't have to worry about sh!t like the above.
word...

lol, but that goes for like 15 other black related threads.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Off that chart and that structure alone....... We should have chosen them over the church, intergration, the democratic party, liberals, black liberals, jews, and jew controlled groups like NAACP, etc.

on a side note.... this is when MLK started fukking up and setting himself up to get that slug to the chest.