How does The Root feel about The Nation of Islam?

How do you feel?

• I believe it is good and most things about it are positive

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • I believe some of the things about it are good but majority is bad

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I believe it is negative but is not a hindrance to black advancement

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I believe it is negative and definitely hurts more than helps

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
My pops has been in the nation my entire life. One of my earliest memories of the name Farrakhan was my dad telling my grandma (hardcore Christian) that Farrakhan saved his life after she was questioning him on donating to the NOI.

Went to see Farrakhan speak on Thursday and I can't lie the black unity they show is something to see. Me and my homie went along with my girl and we were talking about how it almost felt weird to see such black dignity and respect when it should be weird to see the way we treat each other on the daily. Constantly being smiled at when talked to, being called brother or sister, handshakes and greetings from stranger. just everything was :wow:. The organizational aspect of it was amazing too. Cats patted you down like you were meeting the president lol but they did it with respect and even talked to you while they did it. Brothers with the fbi ear pieces on..security on every level. FOI sitting in front of the stage :damn:

Last edited:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
My pops has been in the nation my entire life. One of my earliest memories of the name Farrakhan was my dad telling my grandma (hardcore Christian) that Farrakhan saved his life after she was questioning him on donating to the NOI.

Went to see Farrakhan speak on Thursday and I can't lie the black unity they show is something to see. Me and my homie went along with my girl and we were talking about how it almost felt weird to see such black dignity and respect when it should be weird to see the way we treat each other on the daily. Constantly being smiled at when talked to, being called brother or sister, handshakes and greetings from stranger. just everything was :wow:. The organizational aspect of it was amazing too. Cats patted you down like you were meeting the president lol but they did it with respect and even talked to you while they did it. Brothers with the fbi ear pieces on..security on every level. FOI sitting in front of the stage :damn:
wonderful and sad that it had to be like this on an occasion, this act of love and encouragement should be practiced every day and not just inside the event. Take it everywhere.
That's what the million man march tried to do and have those men walk out with pure dignity and respect.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I don't think people understand the NOI under Elijah Muhammad and to a degree under Farrakhan also, literally rose many black people from the "Dead".

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
I give it to them... I done seen a lot of knuckleheads, get straight when they were part of the nation... my only gripe about them is Farrakhan... I just don't trust him. i know he had a hand in brother Malcolm, and Dr. Khalid Muhammad death...