How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I usually say something along the lines of, "So did Europeans. What are you trying to say". Its obvious what these ppl are trying but lack the courage to say. "Africans Black people are responsible for the North Atlanta slave trade" which is objectively wrong and an obvious attempt to clear Europeans whites from accountability. I crossed out "European" and "African" because ppl often conflate racial terms to both groups... White and Black didn't exist until the 1700s; towards the end of the Atlantic Slave trade. "Race" was created by Europeans to justify European subjugation of other peoples, while still claiming moral superiority.

Or I ask them to define what "their own people" means. Did Africans enslave their own children, friends, family, neighbors, leaders, soldiers or prisoners of war? This will ultimately circle back to my original question.

"So did Europeans. What are you trying to say"
exactly:

Frankly white people need to thank god that they found Black people because if they thanos snapped all Black people off the face of the planet they would start doing to themselves (again).

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Fair point but there’s also enough people out there that deny the practice ever happened on the continent.
That has to do with how history is taught in some countries. Some countries aren’t allowed to print their own text books especially on history thus suppression of knowledge you see this was a lot of Latin speaking African countries

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I got all that. The problem was you stating that Kingdoms DIDN'T fully sanction the trade. They did, albeit they sanctioned it for everyone who WASN'T part of their group.

Not all of them, to be sure, as you stated, but quite a few.​
Some kingdoms outright banned slavery too, we can’t be using a one size fits all shoe. We need to be specific on The Who, what, where, and why

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I respond that I have no history in the sale of other humans and neither did my ancestors simply because I'm African and that goes for majority of Africans.

Usually it's said to make me feel culpable in the trade simply by being from Africa which I reject.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
I’m not going to infantalize an entire continent.

The chattel slave trade in Africa went on for 600+ years. There were entire empires built and sustained by the selling of black bodies, men, women, and children. Maybe you could make the “they didn’t know what the white man was doing” argument back in the 1400s :comeon:

But this went on for HUNDREDS of years and involved TENS OF MILLIONS of people. They knew 1000% what horror, torture, and death would be endured. They knew how many slaves usually died on the way across the Atlantic. I’m sure this was factored into the number of people they sold, This was a major trade, like any other. Whether it be drugs, cotton, etc.

Entire empires, I repeat EMPIRES were BUILT AND SUSTAINED BY THE CHATTEL SLAVE TRADE. Not just cities, towns, states, etc. But EMPIRES.

To this day there are direct descendants of slave traders (I remember a FEW stories of Nigerians): 'My Nigerian great-grandfather sold slaves' - BBC News

And guess what? These people are ELITES, UPPER CLASSES, who still live off the generational wealth of having sold black people into slavery. I’m sure some of them have also immigrated to the very countries they sold black people to be tortured, raped, and killed for generations. Only to be welcomed with open arms, along with the social capital fought and died for by those very same people, and that shyt is truly disgusting.

The descendants of slaves will never be able to get the retribution that is owed to them and that is truly sad.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You're saying it's ok because their cultures were different?...Aren't you justifying what Europeans did then?

Slavery is Slavery at the end of the day. There's no moral high ground for it

These are the same folks claiming we are all the same now because it benefits them to co-opt the ADOS identity.

Imagine the impact if Affirmative Action was rewritten to only cover ADOS and not all "Black" folks.

Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and Minority Development Institutions (MDIs) were only written for ADOS not just Black.

These folks are getting tangible benefits by claiming flat blackness. Benefits built off of the suffering of our ancestors.

All while gaslighting us:palm: