How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Yes you need to specifically quote and point out info because you made them claims
it shouldn’t be hard to quickly come with the sources and direct quotes instead of giving the run around
I told you their biographies exist go and read them, I gave you the info already what you do with that is up to you

just say you're not interested in learning and stop wasting my time because even with the info presented it doesn't seem like your capable of processing new information

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
One final reason that we know that it wasn't about "tribal warfare" or anything like that was there wasn't a gun culture in Africa. Look at the Old West. As soon as Indians saw how effective guns were they started trading for them and using them whenever possible dispite not having regular access to bullets.

You don't see pictures of Africans with Bludberbusses and Brown Bess rifles If Kingdoms fully sanctioned the slave trade then they'd use guns to help them capture more people.
Ummm.......

The mass introduction of firearms was the single most significant technological innovation brought by Europeans to West Africa. Kings and warlords were anxious to trade with Europeans to acquire guns.

Twenty million guns were imported to Africa in the second half of the 18th century. Many guns imported by the British were manufactured in Birmingham.

African rulers exchanged captives for guns. Rulers were in competition with each other, so the acquisition of guns provided an edge over their rivals. This increased their drive to capture and sell slaves. The new availability of guns was a direct consequence of the slave trade.

The mass importation of guns for slaves altered the conduct of warfare in Africa and changed the balance of power between kingdoms.

At the height of the Atlantic trade only states equipped with guns were able to resist attacks from their neighbours. The demand for slaves, combined with the supply of guns, encouraged rulers to attack neighbours.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Gish_Gallop.jpg

Idk what this is. I was just wondering if you had answers. 😪

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
You didn’t give an answer
So you don't have an answer for my questions. Wow. And you still refuse to answer my questions and then claim yours have never been answered when they were. Where have I seen this? :jbhmm:

You're the one who is acting as if nuance has no place in a discussion and instead focusing on the act only. You did this. And now you want to add nuance to an act. You're a hypocrite but at least I'm glad you can see that nuance to a given discussion is important. And you know the answer to your question since I answered posts ago. Either you're not reading them, a troll, or terrible at this.
Pay attention to the bold:

Thank you for proving my point.
You suck at this. Answer my questions already.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
So you don't have an answer for my questions. Wow. And you still refuse to answer my questions and then claim yours have never been answered when they were. Where have I seen this? :jbhmm:

You suck at this. Answer my questions already.
You don’t have the answers

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I told you their biographies exist go and read them, I gave you the info already what you do with that is up to you

just say you're not interested in learning and stop wasting my time because even with the info presented it doesn't seem like your capable of processing new information
You can’t prove anything you been claiming

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
You don’t have the answers

You're the one who is acting as if nuance has no place in a discussion and instead focusing on the act only. You did this. And now you want to add nuance to an act. You're a hypocrite but at least I'm glad you can see that nuance to a given discussion is important. And you know the answer to your question since I answered posts ago. Either you're not reading them, a troll, or terrible at this.
Pay attention to the bold:

Thank you for proving my point.
You suck at this. Answer my questions already. :russell:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You can’t prove anything you been claiming
(you sound lazy af) and you can, the one who probably couldn't name an African country if I put up a map.

mention to me 20 African kingdoms and there current countries that occupy them EXCLUDING Egypt since you know so much

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Ummm.......

The mass introduction of firearms was the single most significant technological innovation brought by Europeans to West Africa. Kings and warlords were anxious to trade with Europeans to acquire guns.

Twenty million guns were imported to Africa in the second half of the 18th century. Many guns imported by the British were manufactured in Birmingham.

African rulers exchanged captives for guns. Rulers were in competition with each other, so the acquisition of guns provided an edge over their rivals. This increased their drive to capture and sell slaves. The new availability of guns was a direct consequence of the slave trade.

The mass importation of guns for slaves altered the conduct of warfare in Africa and changed the balance of power between kingdoms.

At the height of the Atlantic trade only states equipped with guns were able to resist attacks from their neighbours. The demand for slaves, combined with the supply of guns, encouraged rulers to attack neighbours.
I didn't say they're weren't any guns but the proportion of Guns was very small. The Slave trade started in in 15th century. I mentioned Bluderbusses and Brown Bess for a reason. Blunderbusses were guns with that big bell muzzle. That was the guns used at the time of the Pilgrims. The Slave trade was well established by then.

The Brown Bess was used around the time in the American Revolution by them the vast majority of ADOS was already in america.

By the mid 18th centurn guns ere mass produced and everywhere of course Africans had them.

Had they had them in large numbers comparable to the Indians since the 15th century whole cultures shouldve been wiped out. The fact that they weren't shows that all Africans were enslaved not just some conquered tribes.

I'm not saying that all Africans didn't participate in the slave trade, but I'm saying that's like saying All Black people sold crack, it was a tiny minority selling drugs, just like it's a minority of Black people out here killing Black people.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Slavery is fukked up no matter who did it, or how "civilized" you think it was. Families get torn apart due to slavery, theres such a huge ripple effect that it sounds so fukking dumb that you guys are here saying "slaves in africa had it way better than slaves in america"

Slavery is Slavery. What makes American Slavery unique is that even after Slavery was abolished in 1865, white americans continued to find ways to put down the free black slaves through laws and regulations for the next 100+ years and we still see some of it till this day.

But from the times of Greek Civilization to the End of the Civil War in America, every group of people in the world participated and benefited from the slave trade....and they ALL are pieces of shyt for it. Even during Greek times you had anti-slavery groups, and yes even here in America you had plenty of white people who saw Slavery as evil. People like John Brown and a bunch of northen states who had already banned slavery by 1840. It's always been a Good vs Evil debate. Slavery is Evil and always will be no matter who does it

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's an Ashanti chieftain whose ancestor participated in the trade. When you say Africans, you're also involving a Dinka who's forefathers had nothing to do with Trans-Atlantic-Slave trade.

Yall need to be tribe specific when yall make these "Africans sold us" threads, because some the people yall blaming were actually victims.
Fair point but there’s also enough people out there that deny the practice ever happened on the continent.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Black on black crime and slavery are two totally different things, Im not lumping all Africans together but at the end of the day people were kidnapping and selling other people and they are just as evil as the Europeans who raped tortured and killed slaves I don’t care who culture is diminished by that fact
Sure I acknowledge that. But people usually ONLY start talking about African slavery once we start talking about the Atlantic slave trade. The agenda is to redirect attention from Europeans’ evil on some “Dey all doin it!”

Talk about Islamic slave trade. Talk about Roman slave trade. Talk about Indian slave trade. Indigenous slave trade. Martian slave trade. They all evil.

Cool. But that STILL doesn’t excuse whites, nor should it be used to mysteriously wiggle our way out of holding them accountable the way this magical trope is used. I can acknowledge bullying is bad, AND highlight the bullies taking it to the extent of shooting up schools. We don’t have to “all lives matter” every conversation that focuses on white accountability.
Because that’s what the conversation is about. WHITE accountability.

But somehow, the convo likes to shift to others b/c the world is not used to holding whites accountable in isolation.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I didn't say they're weren't any guns but the proportion of Guns was very small. The Slave trade started in in 15th century. I mentioned Bluderbusses and Brown Bess for a reason. Blunderbusses were guns with that big bell muzzle. That was the guns used at the time of the Pilgrims. The Slave trade was well established by then.

The Brown Bess was used around the time in the American Revolution by them the vast majority of ADOS was already in america.

By the mid 18th centurn guns ere mass produced and everywhere of course Africans had them.

Had they had them in large numbers comparable to the Indians since the 15th century whole cultures shouldve been wiped out. The fact that they weren't shows that all Africans were enslaved not just some conquered tribes.

I'm not saying that all Africans didn't participate in the slave trade, but I'm saying that's like saying All Black people sold crack, it was a tiny minority selling drugs, just like it's a minority of Black people out here killing Black people.
I got all that. The problem was you stating that Kingdoms DIDN'T fully sanction the trade. They did, albeit they sanctioned it for everyone who WASN'T part of their group.

Not all of them, to be sure, as you stated, but quite a few.​

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Where does white skin come from? How come white people have never had tribes? How did they come already equipped with “technology”, altho it was more primitive? White skin was nowhere in the ancient world. Also could you explain the extreme blood lust of ppl with white skin? They don’t seem to be in sinc with Nature and the simplicity of the earth.
Magaman just know that you very obvious...
we have established you are maga....yet also a mentally ill religious freak....a liar....a trump supporter.....a republican lover....anti immigrant...anti africa....anti caribbean....which makes you ANTI BLK

disagree magaman?