How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
Many of these African kingdoms alr had cannons and gun powder cause they were trading with up north Muslim kingdoms before Europeans
Found an Example

Some scholars also argue that this conflict proved, through their use on both sides, the value of firearms such as the matchlock musket, cannons, and the arquebus over traditional weapons

Between 1529 and 1559, the Somali military leader Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrihim al-Ghazi defeated several Ethiopian emperors

The victories that gave the followers of Imam Ahmad the upper hand came in 1531. The first was at Antukyah, where cannon fire at the start of the battle panicked the Ethiopian soldiers. The second was on 28 October at Amba Sel

Somalis alr had guns and cannons back in the 1500s Europeans were not that advance back in the 1400s-1700s .

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Ima ask again what are the nuances, u never answered that
Again, I answered all your questions and even this one here:
What were they supposed to do with these captives? Can you prove that the captives were not aggressors in a given war or battle? What condition was the winning side in these battles/wars? What system did they have in place post-war? What of culture? What of politics at the given time? What of relations with people and other neighboring kingdoms? How strong or weak was the winning side overall? There are many questions that can be asked, thus nuance and context is necessary. Knowing history is important.
You essentially haven't answered any of my questions and in fact, asked questions that were already answered showing that you're not reading the posts or you're full of it. What is the point of continuing a line of dialogue with someone who not only can't listen but apparently can't read either?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Again, I answered all your questions and even this one here:

You essentially haven't answered any of my questions and in fact, asked questions that were already answered showing that you're not reading the posts or you're full of it. What is the point of continuing a line of dialogue with someone who not only can't listen but apparently can't read either?
You never answered the nuances question, it ain’t hard you said there were nuances to justify slavery so list out the nuances

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Does the book explicitly give them numbers and makes the claims you made
It’s been a decade since I read that book but to my memory he gives a rough estimate within his region. You’re not gonna find a book that covers all of Africa that doesn’t exist or even make sense you have to go by various countries, Kingdoms, and regions. He’s from Senegal. The dude whose video I posted was from south east Nigeria. You have to go by ethnic groups And countries

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It’s been a decade since I read that book but to my memory he gives a rough estimate within his region. You’re not gonna find a book that covers all of Africa that doesn’t make exist or even make sense you have to go by various countries, Kingdoms, and regions. He’s from Senegal. The dude whose video I posted was from north east Nigeria. You have to go by ethnic groups And countries
Quote the things the book says that helps your argument

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
you saying it’s made sense for them to kidnap and sell innocent people so Europeans won’t fight them and this logically makes sense to you

That's the problem with your argument. The VAST were not kidnapped but were prisoners of war, or the women and children of conquered people.

There may have been a handful of Africans who were actively capturing people for the SOLE reason of commerce, but this was certainly the minority. And the only people who tend to [inaccurately] exaggerate this aspect tend to have ulterior motives (i.e. racist).

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
That's the problem with your argument. The VAST were not kidnapped but were prisoners of war, or the women and children of conquered people.

There may have been a handful of Africans who were actively capturing people for the SOLE reason of commerce, but this was certainly the minority. And the only people who tend to [inaccurately] exaggerate this aspect tend to have ulterior motives (i.e. racist).
Can you prove that, and do you think it was true that Europeans came and deboed Africans to sell people

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
You never answered the nuances question, it ain’t hard you said there were nuances to justify slavery so list out the nuances
Justify? :what:
I addressed that issue as well. Let me break this down:

You were the one that conflated euro slavery with African slavery. You compared torture and literal rape (your words) to African slavery which amounted to indentured servitude.
I told you that you can condemn both without conflating them.
You were the one who indicated that this is okay because an act is an act and acts can be conflated without nuance despite me saying otherwise.
After proving you wrong and getting you to admit so, getting you to show that you don't read posts, getting you to show that you don't have any facts or anything to back up anything you say, you've opted for moving of the goalposts when even that was addressed by the simple fact that you can condemn both without conflating them.
:unimpressed:
I feel like this should be my last post in this thread because you're not even reading shyt, both in a history book or in this thread.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Somalis alr had guns and cannons back in the 1500s Europeans were not that advance back in the 1400s-1700s .
Europeans were using cannons in the 13th Century, breh.....

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Justify? :what:
I addressed that issue as well. Let me break this down:

You were the one that conflated euro slavery with African slavery. You compared torture and literal rape (your words) to African slavery which amounted to indentured servitude.
I told you that you can condemn both without conflating them.
You were the one who indicated that this is okay because an act is an act and acts can be conflated without nuance despite me saying otherwise.
After proving you wrong and getting you to admit so, getting you to show that you don't read posts, getting you to show that you don't have any facts or anything to back up anything you say, you've opted for moving of the goalposts when even that was addressed by the simple fact that you can condemn both without conflating them.
:unimpressed:
I feel like this should be my last post in this thread because you're not even reading shyt, both in a history book or in this thread.
This is not answering the question