How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Go on Google and type in books on the history of “x country” or the history of “x people” or books on African history because by your own admission you can’t prove your own ideas since you’re clearly not versed in African history in any subjective manner
You shouldn’t speak on stuff you can’t prove, you provided random numbers and tried to make questionable claims
For you to do all of that you needed to have books and direct quotes ready to back your claims now you look like a goofy cause you made all them posts just to not be able to back your statements up
Do better

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
You're the one who is acting as if nuance has no place in a discussion and instead focusing on the act only. You did this. And now you want to add nuance to an act. You're a hypocrite but at least I'm glad you can see that nuance to a given discussion is important. And you know the answer to your question since I answered posts ago. Either you're not reading them, a troll, or terrible at this.
Pay attention to the bold:

Thank you for proving my point.
And what nuance was it for it to be ok for people to be kidnapped and sold into slavery, what situations forced Africans hands and made them kidnap and sell people for trinkets

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
By not indulging the argument in the first place :mjlol:

If another brotha looks you dead in the eye and says some clown shyt like that to you, just keep it moving cause that brotha gone and he not coming back. Bro in the sunken place Fr Fr

That’s like, ‘Hey, let’s not do anything about r@pe or it’s effects cause other cultures did it’

Let’s not care about the bad things that happens here because bad things happen everywhere

:mjgrin:

Also, the idea of white and black didn’t even exist back then. White people created whiteness to convince other whites that the brutality against black slaves was justified because they were another species of humans entirely. Why would they go through the trouble of creating such a narrative if they didn’t know that shyt was evil beyond all reasoning?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Yet for some strange reason in the 15th century (when the slave trade began) they nees to establish entire states and lose the kings most trusted admiral while on his FOURTH slave raidimg expedition.
The slave trade existed in Africa for CENTURIES prior to European incursions, so the 15th Century arrival makes no difference. Africans had been enslaving other Africans and Europeans took advantage of an in-place system exacerbated by infrastructural collapse.

You're too emotional and trying to place blame on everyone else EXCEPT for those who created the system in the first place so, your assertion about 'lying' is invalid considering Africans, themselves, regulated the trade internally.​

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Not going to read all the responses here, as there is a ton of misinformation.

But if you're looking for a couple of quick rebuttals:
  • They really didn't have any options. They could either sell these slaves (most who were prisoners of war / conquered civilizians and NOT their own people) or they could risk angering these alien white skinned people who had advanced weaponry. Basically the choice was sell us your enemies, or die.
  • The biggest argument is this: Slavery in African between Africans was FAR more civilized than what occurred in the America's. In fact, it was more akin to indentured servitude in Europe (i.e. they could buy their freedom, etc.). The Chattel slavery we experienced was actually some of the most brutal and inhumane since antiquity. These African's did not know just how evil these individuals would behave.
This book has a ton of material on the subject:
shopping

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You shouldn’t speak on stuff you can’t prove, you provided random numbers and tried to make questionable claims
For you to do all of that you needed to have books and direct quotes ready to back your claims now you look like a goofy cause you made all them posts just to not be able to back your statements up
I told you the books I personally have on this aren’t either in English or they don’t exist in American publication or are journals passed down from family members. You can find info on this in as well: i can try and find some American publications (the autobiography of a certain caliphate members comes to mind but I can’t remember it), but that’s the journey you have to make the other journey you can make is buying a plane ticket to one of the many African countries and come and explore their history yourself but I bet you won’t do that.

Can you speak Wolof? Yoruba? Twi? Igbo? Ewe? Lingala? I can send u videos. What about French or Portuguese I’m sure my Francophone and lusophone brothers may have something

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
And what nuance was it for it to be ok for people to be kidnapped and sold into slavery, what situations forced Africans hands and made them kidnap and sell people for trinkets
What were they supposed to do with these captives? Can you prove that the captives were not aggressors in a given war or battle? What condition was the winning side in these battles/wars? What system did they have in place post-war? What of culture? What of politics at the given time? What of relations with people and other neighboring kingdoms? How strong or weak was the winning side overall? There are many questions that can be asked, thus nuance and context is necessary. Knowing history is important.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
This one major thing you missing....
they were not ready for the Arabs and their brand of conquering mixed with religion....
can be argued the religion was made for conquering/expansion....
the brilliance about it was you were safe if you joined them....
they conducted the first war against the "pagans"....and won

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
The slave trade existed in Africa for CENTURIES prior to European incursions, so the 15th Century arrival makes no difference. Africans had been enslaving other Africans and Europeans took advantage of an in-place system exacerbated by infrastructural collapse.

You're too emotional and trying to place blame on everyone else EXCEPT for those who created the system in the first place so, your assertion about 'lying' is invalid.​
If it made no difference then why would the slave raiding you spoke of increase tenfold??
If it made no differemce, then why would entire breakaway nations like Cayor exist??
if it made no difference why did the king of Kongo write the king of Portugal a letter explaining his country has been depopulated and he wishes that they would stop kidnapping their people??????

Sir, is the corruption and licentiousness that our country is being completely depopulated, and Your Highness should not agree with this nor accept it as in your service. And to avoid it we need from those (your) Kingdoms no more than some priests and a few people to reach in schools, and no other goods except wine and flour for the holy sacrament. That is why we beg of Your Highness to help and assist us in this matter, commanding your factors that they should not send here either merchants or wares, because it is our will that in these Kingdoms there should not be any trade of slaves nor outlet for them[\quote]

Suttin ain’t right here.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I told you the books I personally have on this aren’t either in English or they don’t exist in American publication or are journals passed down from family members. You can find info on this in as well: i can try and find some American publications (the autobiography of a certain caliphate members comes to mind but I can’t remember it), but that’s the journey you have to make the other journey you can make is buying a plane ticket to one of the many African countries and come and explore their history yourself but I bet you won’t do that.

Can you speak Wolof? Yoruba? Twi? Igbo? Ewe? Lingala? I can send u videos. What about French or Portuguese I’m sure my Francophone and lusophone brothers may have something
You doing a whole lot of typing but not providing proof

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
What were they supposed to do with these captives? Can you prove that the captives were not aggressors in a given war or battle? What condition was the winning side in these battles/wars? What system did they have in place post-war? What of culture? What of politics at the given time? What of relations with people and other neighboring kingdoms? How strong or weak was the winning side overall? There are many questions that can be asked, thus nuance and context is necessary. Knowing history is important.
Was everybody a prisoner of war

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
Not going to read all the responses here, as there is a ton of misinformation.

But if you're looking for a couple of quick rebuttals:
  • They really didn't have any options. They could either sell these slaves (most who were prisoners of war / conquered civilizians and NOT their own people) or they could risk angering these alien white skinned people who had advanced weaponry. Basically the choice was sell us your enemies, or die.
  • The biggest argument is this: Slavery in African between Africans was FAR more civilized than what occurred in the America's. In fact, it was more akin to indentured servitude in Europe (i.e. they could buy their freedom, etc.). The Chattel slavery we experienced was actually some of the most brutal and inhumane since antiquity. These African's did not know just how evil these individuals would behave.
This book has a ton of material on the subject:
shopping
See yall still pushing the slavery was "humane" in Africa myth :mjlol: if it was humane than why they was putting prisoner and people they were at war into slavery
:comeon:

White ppl didn't even have the technology or medicine to conquer Africa till 400 years later that's why "scramble of Africa" happened in the late 1800s instead of the 1400s

Many of these African kingdoms alr had cannons and gun powder cause they were trading with up north Muslim kingdoms before Europeans

Last edited:

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Another thing i'd like to add.

Africans during the time were willing to fight other Africans AND fight europeans.

The Dahomey went to war against France for years. :bustback:

Unlike you coward ass nikkas who won't even slap a white man - our ancestors would have cut a european's head off and kept it as a trophy.

So watch your fukkin mouth before u disrespect our ancestors.

bytch nikkas.
:laff: I can dig it bro