How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Possibly seeing as most AAs and other black people from the diaspora came from Angola, senegambia, Kongo, Nigeria, Ghana, Mali

We just heard about a Haitian poster who traced his lineage to the Dahomey fighting off the Yoruba
Okay I need you to prove that and prove them numbers you obviously pulled out yo ass

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Where did these "groups" disrespect blk american people?
You know why you scared to answer....
cause you most likely do not live amongst immigrants....
or blk immigrants....
you live amongst racist wites and maybe mexicans....
THAT is what your posting indicates...
a clear maga mindset...
so I easily see you at work, school, church with magaz saying yeah no vaccine etc

and then come on here and pretend to care about blk people
again YOUR POSTING is maga...trump lover....anti vaccine and you super religious....yet know nothing of the bible
that is the PERFECT stereotype of a wite maga male....
do you disagree?
Like I said. All these immigrants told be to my face. I made a thread about 1-2yrs ago. It may have gotten deleted or not. It wasn’t malicious I would say, but it’s sort of like dealing with whites. In my experience, altho we all have black skin some have given micro aggressions and black americans notice and have always noticed. You even have some saying America should give them reperations instead of the country that colonized them.

Prime example here. The women in the lower corner or the man on the top left have almost barely any sympathy. It’s strange.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Okay I need you to prove that and prove them numbers you obviously pulled out yo ass
nikka go look into history of those countries, fukk you mean prove it. Go actually study African history it’s literally RIGHT there. nikkas be talking about African this African that but can’t even point to an African country on a map.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
But the acts are the same. By your logic, nuance can't exist because the act in itself is all that matters. Now you want it to exist?
So black people living under a racist system being sabotaged for hundreds years which leads to poor black people committing crimes is the same thing as Africans empires/tribes kidnapping and selling innocent people for their gains

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
He was openly a slave in his own area breh cause it was their culture to dis :stopitslime:

Like Child marriages may be illegal in parts of Africa but many cultures do it anyway cause they been practicing it for generations that's wat its getting at
How would slavery in Africa be different now than 700 years ago :skip:
many cultures that are doing it now were doing it back than :mjlol:

if slavery in Africa was "different" I would hope those tribes still have that "different slavery"
Double down on your idiocy brehs

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Like I said. All these immigrants told be to my face. I made a thread about 1-2yrs ago. It may have gotten deleted or not. It wasn’t malicious I would say, but it’s sort of like dealing with whites. In my experience, altho we all have black skin some have given micro aggressions and black americans notice and have always noticed. You even have some saying America should give them reperations instead of the country that colonized them.

Prime example here

To your face or on a youtube video?

I am specifically asking where did this happen? Was it on mars or pluto?
The question is being asked because if you live in a place where hardly any blk immigrants are, then you lying

there are immigrants who are dumb and disrespectful as anyone else....it happens sir
what I am saying is that based on your past posts I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU
you are maga....anti immigration....love trump...love republicans....support anti blk policies by being maga

how can I believe anything you say sir?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
So you can’t prove it
Go on Google and type in books on the history of “x country” or the history of “x people” or books on African history because by your own admission you can’t prove your own ideas since you’re clearly not versed in African history in any subjective manner

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
I’m not big on disturbing the cipher, so my apologies for interjecting this but

Its a very often repeated statement where we descend from. You should look into it, not for this argument- for your kids and their kids.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
So black people living under a racist system being sabotaged for hundreds years which leads to poor black people committing crimes is the same thing as Africans empires/tribes kidnapping and selling innocent people for their gains
You're the one who is acting as if nuance has no place in a discussion and instead focusing on the act only. You did this. And now you want to add nuance to an act. You're a hypocrite but at least I'm glad you can see that nuance to a given discussion is important. And you know the answer to your question since I answered posts ago. Either you're not reading them, a troll, or terrible at this.
Pay attention to the bold:
You can't conflate the acts done by one group with another even if it is the same act, all the while ignoring the actions done within each act. As I literally said, "You can condemn both without conflating them."

This would be like conflating the crime done by blacks in the US with the crimes done by whites in the US. You can make a stronger case that the crimes done by whites in the US is actually worse than that done by blacks due to the institutional roadblocks placed in the way of many blacks in this country and the fact that there are many things in society that push some of them into crime, while whites had less issues regarding this. I firmly believe this.
Thank you for proving my point.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I’m not big on disturbing the cipher, so my apologies for interjecting this but

Its a very often repeated statement where we descend from. You should look into it, not for this argument- for your kids and their kids.
Incredible 3 of the countries I mentioned right there. But let that poster tell it

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It is nuanced.
But at what point does it cease to be one group of black folks selling another group of black folks to white folks?

What is nuanced about that?
Intent or ignorance if the european aside.
How does nuance negate undeniable fact?

Never said that it wasn't about that, and I explained examples of why this needs to be contextualized. That one group of black people were at war with the other group of black people, they were enemies, and some of those that were sold left families behind, so "black people selling other black people to Europeans" does need nuance because many carry this narrative to demonize every African back home. There were many instances of tribes fighting these Europeans as well, but we don't talk about that as much. But I digress.

And the concept of black and white didn't even exist like that at the time anyway, as @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said.

Last edited: