How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
i mean that shows he was killed less than a year into raiding and very early on before the americas were even found…you don’t think at some point 50 years later cacs realized it was safer to have humans brought to them on shore…and the tribes that it was more economical to sell to them rather than kill them?
No, no, no…Let’s make sure we stay on the point of contention..The brother above just told me that there were no slave raiders and they stayed on shore..I just showed a man being murdered by Africans in the course of several slave expeditions. Please do not move goalposts.

The transatlantic slave trade this thread is about began there and thats What the topic is…I do t wanna hear about Egyptians enslaving people in 2200BC.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Who is they? Africa was not a unified governmental structure in the same way the nations of Europe who participated in the Atlantic slave trade was?

The concept of “all these black people over here are the same” wasnt native to Africa

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Breh have you been to Africa? You know how diverse that mf is? Are we talking about the Arabs? The Bantus? The Kushytes? The Nilhots? Who breh?
That’s what I been trying to explain to them in my post follow my posts through out the thread. It’s funny I actually made a similar comment
Who said we don’t. I firmly tell people all the time the problem is YOU have no understanding of African history and thinks it’s all black and white. Again theirs roughly 3000 ethnic groups in Africa split among 54 nations why are you lumping them in with the roughly 60 ethnic groups split among maybe 15-20 nations that got caught up with the slave trade. Because someone in Senegal gets caught up now that has to include someone from Sudan who may have had 0 interaction with the TAST on his side?

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Interesting.

I meant to say some non FBA as it’s being called. What does that have to do with Maga? My experience is American blacks tend to include all people, but groups have let me know to my face, there is a distinction and we’re not the same. Why should I pretend?

I have read your maga posts....
which country were these "groups" from?
cause I know you lying
and do not tell me this happened in west oklahoma or some bullshyt like that
you better live amongst or personally deal with immigrants

and are any of your parents maga?
You type maga shyt so I presume that is the community and household you come from
am I wrong?

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
This what they don’t get. Your death is solidified either way. Choose your poison. Most people in their right mind are not ready to face death head on with a straight face. If they were we most likely wouldn’t be here
Very good point. The problem is that a decent number of African tribes didn't see slavery as the end of the road nor did the level of control over a slave as similar to what it was in the US. Slavery is terrible but since you had people who could buy their own freedom and become rich or damn near nobles, outright become kings and so on, they had a somewhat laid back view of it unfortunately. You have stories of Africans sold into European slavery or north African slavery and becoming whole nobles and influential members of society (Gannibal and Anton Amo for example with the latter returning to Africa). This was known and contributed to a view of slavery that was skewed to a decent number of Africans that participated in the slave trade, on top of tribal differences on the matter. This is why context and nuance is important but also, knowledge of history itself.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Yes we literally can. For every person who got kidnapped they also included their kidnappers with them in the boat later on down line when the missions came full circle. Again if you’re not well versed in African history in any way shape or form we can’t have this argument
Provide books and actually quotes, and that doesn’t prove anything about my ancestors being kidnappers

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
So slavery is ok
Slavery is not ok but your other choice is death, which one do you Would you prefer.

These are your only 2 choices and you don’t get a 3rd.

Again I can take your head clean off with a machete or you can live to serve another day. Which one do you want

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Thats facts tho they did. You think about it and American soldiers couldnt go in a beat down a group of rag tag Taliban in the mountains after TWENTY YEARS of fighting with 20th century technology. Couldnt flush them out, and in the 70s they couldnt flush out the Vietcong in the Jungles even after droppping NAPALM on them for over TEN YEARS with M4s and shyt, they werent able to take them out without suffering thousands of losses.

But Im supposed to believe 16th and 17th century cacs ran up in west and central African rainforests and mountains in hot ass sheep wool uniforms and clothing,with no satellite reconnaissance, not knowing the layout of the land, with dusty ass MUSKETS that reloaded once every 7 minutes and took hundreds of thousands of fighting age African MALES by FORCE on when the technological disparity was even closer back then, WITH NEGLIGIBLE MILITARY LOSSES. fukk out of here

Either Black people are also Native to the Americas like they were in New Zealand and Madagascar and other remote islands from ancient migration, or there were collaborators in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. :childplease:

Last edited:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chattel slavery was unique to the Western Hemisphere at the time. The barbarism of European colonizers was unique as well.

This isn’t to excuse any African slaver who had knowledge of the treatment slaves were being subjected to in the West. However, for most of history slave was an economic class not a racial one.

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
So slavery is ok

Slavery is an evil act regardless of who is committing that act
You can't conflate the acts done by one group with another even if it is the same act, all the while ignoring the actions done within each act. As I literally said, "You can condemn both without conflating them."

This would be like conflating the crime done by blacks in the US with the crimes done by whites in the US. You can make a stronger case that the crimes done by whites in the US is actually worse than that done by blacks due to the institutional roadblocks placed in the way of many blacks in this country and the fact that there are many things in society that push some of them into crime, while whites had less issues regarding this. I firmly believe this.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Slavery is not ok but your other choice is death, which one do you Would you prefer.

These are your only 2 choices and you don’t get a 3rd.

Again I can take your head clean off with a machete or you can live to serve another day. Which one do you want
Was everybody a prisoner of war

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
The real problem with pan Africanism imo is the fact you have to include non black African countries like Libya or Egypt who have 0 interest in black African politics and geopolitical structure or when you extend it to diaspora you have to include people who may have strong non black lineage but because they 1 black parent or 1-2 black grand parents they’re included which maybe counter productive as they may not have similar interests it makes no sense. What really needs to take off is black Nationalism.
Ehhh I ain't really on that type of shyt. Pan Africanism isn't monolithic anymore than the continent is. For me, it's about like-minded people increasing relations across the diapora for a better future that benefits all parties involved.

I just get annoyed with this newfound "realization" that puts more energy into dismantling it than, you know, actual bullshyt/violence happening in our communities. Or these mythical powers it apparently has over the US government like they aren't doing wtf they want to.