How do you nikkas gym after work?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I didn't write it. I'm pointing at how this nikka doesn't know what 5x5 is.

To me the only difference is isolation exercise is for bodybuilders. For those who want only strength, not physique, they go on compound exercises
. The functional strength I would say he is referring to is, that with free-weight compound weight-resistance/power-lifting is it flexes the supporting muscles and muscles you use to help the main muscles, and helps keep your balance i.e. your inner ear by learning to perfect the form first and it builds upon itself.

Try and stand with one foot infront of the other stand straight, with your eyes closed. Be honest, how long can you stand there without falling over? That's difficult by itself. Do it with weights, now you can get back up without falling over too much, it helps lessen the injuries you'd sustain outside of the gym.

I'm not talking body-building, what 5x5 is for is strength. How many times you've ever seen a bodybuilder perform in an Olympic strength event?

Oh word I get that bodybuilding is mostly about aesthetics but I also know about power lifting and its effects on the body...while bodybuilders place much more of an emphasis on aesthetics rather than raw power while powerlifters happen to be some of the strongest people on the planet based on oly lifts, (even though they typically have that :flabbynsick: shape) bodybuilders still power lift too...

however, some "isolation" workouts still trigger many supporting muscle groups as well....to be honest there really aren't many workouts that are primarily isolating resistance applied to one muscle group if you ask me :manny: maybe just bicep and tricep isolation :ld:

Oh and I don't know if you know, but there is a stigma out here with these crossfitters on both powerlifters and bodybuilders in that they aren't gaining functional strength you get from crossfitting (:comeon:)...so that's where my skepticism came from in my first post.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Cats don't realize that once you start workin out daily , you will get more energy throughout the day :obama:
Y'all nikkaz with females will learn one day that you should be workin out. Don't let me catch your bytch seein me in a wife beater :kermitdrink:
its :teatime: breh when they're with their girls mumbling something under their breath

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
I don't get off until 10 pm and I'll go hit the weights for a hour before I go to the crib since my gym is 5 minutes away from my job, I tried going at 5-6 am but those old cacs are in there with their wives and its packed.

ill get up around 9am sometimes earlier and go to the trail for my cardio, only thing is that my diet has been :flabbynsick: but I'm gradually working on it.

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
I used to be scared of the gym because i was kinda chunky. So 1 day for some reason i got me a bench, squat rack and 320 in plates off craigslist via a trade for my 360 and PS3. Lost about 35-40 pounds since and now i dont care how tired i feel imma go lift some shyt.

Plus i bought some Ralph Lauren jeans 5 months ago and i should be able to fit them by mid july.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i get off at 1 or 3 am on OT. at that time theres no more than a few people. i dont feel like sometimes but i push through just to challenge myself.

JJ_ALL_DAY

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Mass
The gym that I go to is open 24/7 so I either go first thing in the morning or late at night.
You don't have to spend hours in the gym to get a good workout. Around a hour
and some change is good enough.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Its the only time I can workout......other than the weekends.

I have no energy in the mornings at all. I'm a nite owl all the way.

Usually I workout about 4 days a week, 5 sometimes but I'm working through a pinched nerve and slipped disc.