How do you nikkas gym after work?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a lifestyle choice....I force myself to go through sheer force of will even when i'm tired, feeling lazy or got a b!tch trynna fukk......

It's how I run my businesses too....repitition+discpline+accountabilty = brolic bod & fat bank account

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
NYSC passport membership
Theres one 1 block away in both directions

usually chill out in the locker room. Take a pre workout/coffee
Then stretch and let the caffeine kick in
Getting home late night on the train though :noah:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

You don't know what 5x5 stronglifts is.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

In Ancient Greece, the wrestler Milo From Croton got stronger for the Olympics by carrying a newborn calf on his back each day. As the calf grew bigger, he carried a heavier weight. This training stimulated Milo’s body to get stronger and build muscle. It turned him into the strongest guys of his time. Maybe it’s just a legend, but the story illustrates how StrongLifts 5×5 will get you strong: you don’t start heavy, hit failure and try to get pumped. You start light, do your workout with proper form, and add a little bit of weight each time. Do this as long as you can, and you’ll get stronger. You’ll lift to build “real world” strength. Not that fake gym strength but strength usable outside the gym. Some call it “functional strength”.

milo-croton.jpg

"Use free weights, not machines. Do compound exercises, not isolation. Add weight, not train for pump and soreness."

"the 5×5 routine from Reg Park."

Lazy ass calf, when is he gonna walk himself ... motherfukker is spoiled :beli:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I started to go to the gym before work, gives me so much more energy for the day but as soon as if get home I'm :deadmanny:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I go to the gym late night around 11:30p, because I get off at 11. I go to different gyms in my area to keep me active and I stay in there until 1am go home, sleep @ 2a wake up @ 10:30a. I would like to go back to my 5 day a week lifts but I'm only pushing 3 or 4 day cuz I'm tired

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

You don't know what 5x5 stronglifts is.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

In Ancient Greece, the wrestler Milo From Croton got stronger for the Olympics by carrying a newborn calf on his back each day. As the calf grew bigger, he carried a heavier weight. This training stimulated Milo’s body to get stronger and build muscle. It turned him into the strongest guys of his time. Maybe it’s just a legend, but the story illustrates how StrongLifts 5×5 will get you strong: you don’t start heavy, hit failure and try to get pumped. You start light, do your workout with proper form, and add a little bit of weight each time. Do this as long as you can, and you’ll get stronger. You’ll lift to build “real world” strength. Not that fake gym strength but strength usable outside the gym. Some call it “functional strength”.

milo-croton.jpg

"Use free weights, not machines. Do compound exercises, not isolation. Add weight, not train for pump and soreness."

"the 5×5 routine from Reg Park."
If I had a dollar for every time I heard a crossfitter mention "functional strength"

breh what is the difference between strength and functional strength

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get to work at 8... work out at 1 for an hour on my lunch break then get off at 5. The break in the day helps alleviate stress. 4-5 times a week.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It got to be a part of your routine... Habit

I switch up my routines a lot. Sometimes I go in the morning before work, sometimes after, sometimes twice a day doing both.

If you wanna go after work, try to get a nap in. Yesterday after work I slept in my car for about an hour then went and did just cardio.

DekalbTheDon

Banned
Daps
I work 12 hours a day/ 6 days a week and I was always tired. I started going to the gym after work a month ago and I already noticed I have more energy and my job performance has gotten better. At this point the gym is necessary to stop me from crashing towards the end if the week like I used to. I just have trouble going to sleep at night after I work out. Any suggestions? I don't want to start smoking weed again.

lurkandmurk

The Bull
Daps
Reppin
The Bull
If I had a dollar for every time I heard a crossfitter mention "functional strength"

breh what is the difference between strength and functional strength

I didn't write it. I'm pointing at how this nikka doesn't know what 5x5 is.

To me the only difference is isolation exercise is for bodybuilders. For those who want only strength, not physique, they go on compound exercises. The functional strength I would say he is referring to is, that with free-weight compound weight-resistance/power-lifting is it flexes the supporting muscles and muscles you use to help the main muscles, and helps keep your balance i.e. your inner ear by learning to perfect the form first and it builds upon itself.

Try and stand with one foot infront of the other stand straight, with your eyes closed. Be honest, how long can you stand there without falling over? That's difficult by itself. Do it with weights, now you can get back up without falling over too much, it helps lessen the injuries you'd sustain outside of the gym.

I'm not talking body-building, what 5x5 is for is strength. How many times you've ever seen a bodybuilder perform in an Olympic strength event?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yea it's called working strength too. It's how some dudes can probably use a tire iron and pop off lug nuts like it's not shyt while some dudes bigger than him might struggle. It's because the other guy did it more.

It's like that with any sport. It's why a smaller boxer might punch harder than a bigger football player. It's because it's repitition and what they always do

For working weight, it's best to use dumbells for compound lifts, do Olympic lifts (cleans, hang cleans, etc), lunges, dumbell carries, plyometrics, etc