How do you nikkas gym after work?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
For me I was most consistent hitting the gym before work in the past. I would get up at 5:30 or 6 everyday. That was hard for me because I'm a night owl but after a week or two of it I got used to sleeping earlier and getting up to hit the gym. I always hated going after work because it was a small gym and it was way too crowded around 5-7 when I'd get off work and the gym closed at 9. I hated feeling rushed if I went any later. Plus I found that when I worked out early in the morning I had crazy energy throughout the day and at times would go back for a second workout in the evening if I was bored and still had that energy going.

Now that I work from home I'm more likely to go towards the end of the night since I usually wake up and start working immediately.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Man im ruined after work
What your gym schedule like?
We outchea though
Real Nihgga
All Day
When you have a desk job, it's pretty easy.
I've had non-desk jobs. It's a bit harder. You just have to be disciplined to push yourself to go to the gym and workout.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I work 11-8 so I hit the gym first thing in the morning, always preferred that to an afternoon or evening work out

But different strokes for different folks

TDOT4LIFE

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
T.DOT
I get home from work at 7pm and by the time I change, go to the gym and workout its its 10pm. What should I eat afterwards if i'm trying to sleep at 12am?

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
On site gym

Get to work at 8 cardio core shower

Get off at 8 and do my workout, sometimes I say fukk it and go on lunch

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
It's way easier you to work out after work when your body is already wound up. Much better than waking up and getting out of your comfortable bed, trying to find the proper motivation to go to the gym.

I agree with this statement. The days I try to wake up and go to the gym.....I'm dragging. When I go after work everything is already primed and ready to go.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:camby:

You don't know what 5x5 stronglifts is.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

In Ancient Greece, the wrestler Milo From Croton got stronger for the Olympics by carrying a newborn calf on his back each day. As the calf grew bigger, he carried a heavier weight. This training stimulated Milo’s body to get stronger and build muscle. It turned him into the strongest guys of his time. Maybe it’s just a legend, but the story illustrates how StrongLifts 5×5 will get you strong: you don’t start heavy, hit failure and try to get pumped. You start light, do your workout with proper form, and add a little bit of weight each time. Do this as long as you can, and you’ll get stronger. You’ll lift to build “real world” strength. Not that fake gym strength but strength usable outside the gym. Some call it “functional strength”.

milo-croton.jpg

"Use free weights, not machines. Do compound exercises, not isolation. Add weight, not train for pump and soreness."

"the 5×5 routine from Reg Park."

I see you're a Dan John disciple....I've heard good things about 5 by 5 as far as strength gains are concerned

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I'd like to go after work, but whenever I do, it's packed like this

Largest+Battle+Royal+in+WWE+History+14-10-2011+-+WWE+Smackdown+Videos+October+14%252C+2011+-+Watch+Online+%252B+downloads+video+%252B+1.JPG

I go before work instead and find that an added benefit is that I'm exhausted most of the work day that by the time I'm fully awake it's like time flew by fast because it's already 3:00 and I only have a couple hours left on the work day :heh:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
You just gotta want it breh. The only times I have issue going to the gym consistently is during school because my schedule can be random due to studying and homework .

Don't even think about it; as soon as you leave work, just drive straight to the gym. After a while it becomes habit.