How do y'all expect to build strong black communities without marriage or having kids?

Celerii

Picture me rollin', sixes, money foldin'
Daps
Reppin
igboland
There's no such thing as a prosperous people with no families.

Where does your reference point of community come from without a family?

:dahell:
did you not read the part where i said that parents help foster a good mindset? :dahell:Some people in the black community are not given the gift of a good familiy from birth....BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT SHOULD BE AN EXCUSE FOR THEM TO THROW THEIR LIVES AWAY :smile:

Reno89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
But then y'all big up the Jew, Asian and Mexican communities even though those two things are VERY important to all three of those groups? :jbhmm:

It's simple, they have better women to choose from that serve as more of an asset to their men.

Celerii

Daps
Reppin
igboland
Huh? So build strong black communities outside of the family structure because that's how we raise more politicians, doctors and leaders? Are you suggesting that more "single" politicians, doctors and leaders would help us build stronger communities? Not hating, but I need clarification in order to understand where you're coming from.
like i said in another post, good families help create good people, but just because you don't come from a good family does not mean that you can't think for yourself all of a sudden. people have brains and as they grow, they can tell the difference between right and wrong. people should be able to set goals from themsleves without always relying on others. sorry i wasn't too clear with my post. i was rambling a bit :smile:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean its pretty obvious. The family unit is also where kids pick up habits and learn boundaries. How can a child learn to navigate successfuly in the world when he has no adult leading by example in his immediatte sorroundings? How would a young boy learn to interact with a woman if he never saw a man doing this with his wife daily?

And we wonder why we have such an issue with gangs. These children are lost so they create an artifical structure that mimicks a family but with peers not anymore better off than they are. The family is the foundation for any society trying to establish itself and you cant convince me otherwise.
I can't agree with you 100 because I've seen many kids from a healthy two parent household get caught up in the streets. When it comes to children you never know who they will become no matter how much positive upbringing you provide. Granted a child is better off in a stable healthy environment rather than a dangerous unurturing one.

Celerii

Daps
Reppin
igboland
I disagree 100%
i just said that good parents are helpful, but ppl who did not grow up in a good family should not use their background as an excuse to accept failure. i'm sorry that i was not more clear in my post :smile:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I have a 4th grader and a Kindergartner, and my wife is on the PTA........broken home/bad home kids cause 99% of the issues in my sons school. They act out, they have emotional issues, they don't receive the same level of care provided in a stable 2 parent home, you name it.

White, brown, black, it's all the same. When the parents are around, yet hate each other, or are divorced, or only ones present, or none, it creates stress on the child that manifests in all sorts of ways and makes school infinity tougher for these kids to navigate.
Agreed.

The key element that's missing in these convos is the stressing that the structured family be a low stress and wholesome situation.

Co-sign.