How do y'all expect to build strong black communities without marriage or having kids?

Daps
Shots fired

sZTFKVb.gif

This Threads fukkery in a nutshell

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
marraige is not necessary in today's society nor is it necessary in order to build strong black communities. In order for us to succeed, I think we need to push ourselves to do better instead of enclosing ourselves in the bubble that society has put us in. we need more people saying that they want to be politicians and doctors and leaders in our community. do parents help foster this mindset? yes. but at the same time i think ppl need to think for themselves and motivate themselves instead on relying on others to do so :smile:

Shut up. In general we have high rates of unemployment and low rates of pay, we ain't conquering shyt without the help of one another.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Huh? Lmao Asian women and Jewish women are very materialistic

he said shallow didn't say materialistic. those can mean different things.

and yes black women in America value looks over stability, income, and connections for sure. other communities don't put looks so high on the totem pole for choosing MATES.

Before babymamaship, was forced into the black community. Now a days alotta hoes have children by the same nikka.

never is it the most ambitious, successful, stable dude. I dont care either way, imma eat regardless

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
But then y'all big up the Jew, Asian and Mexican communities even though those two things are VERY important to all three of those groups? :jbhmm:
Breh, you're flaw is somehow connecting those who don't believe in those community structures somehow being the same people who are the ones who "big up the Jew, Asian and Mexican communities..."

I have no qualms big upping the strengths of those other communities AND I'm also in the promote structured family group.

You're comfortable providing evidence that the two contrasting views usually go hand in hand? :ld:

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
marraige is not necessary in today's society nor is it necessary in order to build strong black communities. In order for us to succeed, I think we need to push ourselves to do better instead of enclosing ourselves in the bubble that society has put us in. we need more people saying that they want to be politicians and doctors and leaders in our community. do parents help foster this mindset? yes. but at the same time i think ppl need to think for themselves and motivate themselves instead on relying on others to do so :smile:

Huh? So build strong black communities outside of the family structure because that's how we raise more politicians, doctors and leaders? Are you suggesting that more "single" politicians, doctors and leaders would help us build stronger communities? Not hating, but I need clarification in order to understand where you're coming from.

Disclaimer

GMB is not against marriage in any shape or form. It only serves to increase the awareness of men about the issues and risks involved with being in a marriage. These include alimony, infidelity, incompatibility, the loss of financial assets, etc. These are all reasonable concerns that should taken into consideration before entering a marriage. We actually encourage healthy relationships and long term marriages. TM.

If you actually encourage healthy relationships and long term marriages, wouldn't a more positive message consist of highlighting the benefits of marriage? I mean I definitely understand the risks, but I think in our community there are many more of us who are ignorant to the financial and emotional benefits than we are to the risks. Compatibility and monogamy are key to helping grow financial assets in a 50/50 partnership such as marriage. Not knocking your movement I just wonder what's the more progressive approach :manny:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Disclaimer

GMB is not against marriage in any shape or form. It only serves to increase the awareness of men about the issues and risks involved with being in a marriage. These include alimony, infidelity, incompatibility, the loss of financial assets, etc. These are all reasonable concerns that should taken into consideration before entering a marriage. We actually encourage healthy relationships and long term marriages. TM.
Since you are the GMB liason:

I'll ask. Does GMB believe it's a good thing to get married to a good woman? And do they believe enough good women exist to make it a viable option for Black men?

To be real, breh, GMB rhetoric tends to be funny for some chuckles AND they tend to perpetuate the view that it's better to not TRY to have a goal of marriage because you're going to end up fukked up more times than not.

Is that a true assessment?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
There's no such thing as a prosperous people with no families.

Where does your reference point of community come from without a family?

:dahell:

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
I mean its pretty obvious. The family unit is also where kids pick up habits and learn boundaries. How can a child learn to navigate successfuly in the world when he has no adult leading by example in his immediatte sorroundings? How would a young boy learn to interact with a woman if he never saw a man doing this with his wife daily?

And we wonder why we have such an issue with gangs. These children are lost so they create an artifical structure that mimicks a family but with peers not anymore better off than they are. The family is the foundation for any society trying to establish itself and you cant convince me otherwise.
Why do many black women continue to procreate with loser thugs?

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Since you are the GMB liason:

I'll ask. Does GMB believe it's a good thing to get married to a good woman? And do they believe enough good women exist to make it a viable option for Black men?

To be real, breh, GMB rhetoric tends to be funny for some chuckles AND they tend to perpetuate the view that it's better to not TRY to have a goal of marriage because you're going to end up fukked up more times than not.

Is that a true assessment?

Yes, it is a good thing to be married to a good woman. But our belief is that these woman are not available in abundance. You may find your options to be limited in Western culture. :ehh: However if you are willing to expand your search to the vast African diaspora of the world then :blessed: The opportunities are endless