How do y'all expect to build strong black communities without marriage or having kids?

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
I would never marry an African American woman. My wife would have to be from
Africa, South America or the Caribbean.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Can't speak for anyone else. But I'm married to my beautiful queen. We will begin reproducing our army of brehs and brehhettes as soon as bae finishes her grad program next year.

:salute: To everyone with kids or in committed relationships!
:salute:

Married to my Queen, too.

I knew I loved the concept of family but I never thought I'd be joking w/ people about being "Carl Winslow" and "Cliff Huxtable" but I do.

Everything is in perspective - My family is growing and strong at this point. 2 boys and a girl on the way in January.

I think about legacy and instilling in them proper traditions that I want them to instill in their kids.

People need to also realize that they should be instilling in their families and kids the idea that it's not necessarily all about them. I'm trying to do the best and cultivate good principles because 4 generations from now I want my children's children's children to have semblances of what started our legacy - me and my wife.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
No you can't :dahell:

You literally need new people in order to have a community.

You just need replacement level reproduction to have a community...

I am just saying it shouldn't be mandated to have marriage and kids to have a some sort of community...

The most important thing to a community is a common goal...or vision to strive for and collaboration across classes.

Black people do not that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You just need replacement level reproduction to have a community...
No, you need to grow. The more healthy people, the better the community functions.

I am just saying it shouldn't be mandated to have marriage and kids to have a some sort of community...
There's literally no other way to build a community.

The most important thing to a community is a common goal...or vision to strive for and collaboration across classes.

Black people do not that.
You need people to have a goal in the first place, and you also need people to peruse the goal.

And no community is a monolith. The common goals of all communities are health, happiness and growth.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So we should get married and reproduce...for the sake of a community....

WTF is this...the 50s...

You can create a community without rampant procreation...
Nobody is trying to disrespectfully discredit THIS argument...

But if you are going to just say it and all you have is your opinion but no empirical evidence, the stance holds little weight.

Considering the prevalence of non traditional families... even though I am a proponent of structured families...I'm actually hoping you're right, breh!

But this stance isn't being argued effectively without large scale examples of societies that have prospered without structured families.

At this point, the argument seems as preposterous as an ant arguing that ant colonies aren't needed for the species to survive. If I were ant, I'd respectfully say, "nikka, show me where we don't have to feel obligated building this teidous ass complex colony to survive and I'd fukk with it...until then, if we want our species to survive pick up that leaf nikka.'

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Children are prone to mimic the behavior of the closest personalities they interact with the most... and that starts with the PARENTS ***REGARDLESS*** of Marital Status. A Shallow Mind, Poor Character, Lack Of Morale & Carnal Sexual Behavior towards the Opposite Sex will poison a child... & that child will grow to become as such.

If you want to see the Mindset of the Majority of the Next Generation all you have to do is look at the Mindset of the Current Generation because THESE are the Parents that will be raising the Children of Tomorrow.

Strong Communities can only be built on Strong Foundations & those will be found as to what that Community Glorifies & looks up to... we would need to start there.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:salute:

Married to my Queen, too.

I knew I loved the concept of family but I never thought I'd be joking w/ people about being "Carl Winslow" and "Cliff Huxtable" but I do.

Everything is in perspective - My family is growing and strong at this point. 2 boys and a girl on the way in January.

I think about legacy and instilling in them proper traditions that I want them to instill in their kids.

People need to also realize that they should be instilling in their families and kids the idea that it's not necessarily all about them. I'm trying to do the best and cultivate good principles because 4 generations from now I want my children's children's children to have semblances of what started our legacy - me and my wife.
:obama: Nun but respect for ya breh. I'm shooting for that 'Carl Winslow', 'Michael Kyle', & 'Julius Rock' standard of fatherhood/family. These shows may be here for entertainment for most, but real talk the roots of the strong black community are all over those sitcoms.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:obama: Nun but respect for ya breh. I'm shooting for that 'Carl Winslow', 'Michael Kyle', & 'Julius Rock' standard of fatherhood/family. These shows may be here for entertainment for most, but real talk the roots of the strong black community are all over those sitcoms.
What's crazy is, the key seems to be keeping a balance where instill doesn't become forceful and inorganic indoctrination.

I do spoken word so I developed this spoken word on "legacy" that my oldest already knows a little because I'm always practicing it. I tell him - it's going to be something that he and his siblings will eventually learn and pass down to their kids, if they have them.

I would even venture as far as possibly getting a fukking family seal done. Imagine having some sort of image that defines your fukking family like old aristocratic families have?

I have a story that I can tell about legacy that I can tell. Matter fact, I'll put it in my next post. Disclaimer - might be wordy.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
It's simple, they have better women to choose from that serve as more of an asset to their men.

I think that ppl need to hear black men out more and not jump to conclusions whenever a black man talks about his experiences. I may not always agree but I don't automatically dismiss the breh as being a liar

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Patriarchy provides the structure that family needs. If men can confidently invest in their women and women are choosing stable partners and sticking by their men even through tough times then the government/court is irrelevant.

The court only replaces the father in modern society because families are so unstable now that the only consistent way to draw paychecks from men is child support or alimony. Patriarchy is the key to everything, Stable father + loyal mother. Women have the power to choose men with potential and not just the tallest or flashiest. Men have the power to put rings on women who are loyal and feminine, not just the most surgically enhanced.

This instability came from the collusion of the state and black women in the past

It thwarted any chance we collectively had at home ownership and income ascension.

Putting a ring on a western women is power alright, the power to have half of your assets seized
and your children taken away from you.

This man is leading horses to a glue factory :ufdup:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But then y'all big up the Jew, Asian and Mexican communities even though those two things are VERY important to all three of those groups? :jbhmm:
stupid mindset you have

some people stay together till death without marriage

some people get married and split within years

marriage means nothing, commitment means everything

signing a piece of paper called a marriage certificate doesn't ensure anything,