How do we help or deal with all the disgruntled young men in the country?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Be a good father to your sons brehs.

Be a good role model, show them what values and trait a good man should have.

Otherwise they're gonna be listening to dudes like Andrew Tate and Jordan Peterson for guidance.
This is key. I think most of us have an idea of what the single parent household %s are. And it has to be brought up in any meaningful discussion about disillusioned boys and young men. There is no way that doesn't have an effect on all those kids growing up.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't this lowkey victimize young men though?

I mean...look. I've tutored young men......young BLACK men.....in Math in the past. I've also helped gave some young Black men jobs via networking as well.

But, at the same time, it's not a conspiracy to admit that a lot of young men are unmotivated and just coasting through life or undergoing arrested development via remaining underemployed or undereducated for most of their 20's aka their prime years.

I'd argue fatherhood or lack of play a much bigger role than feminism or whatever. Feminism is just an easy scapegoat but a having a strong father or male mentor/guide will offset a good portion of things that you're blaming on feminism.

The only good points in here are the points about decreasing outsourcing/offshoring jobs which is a problem that affects a lot of people, not just young men.

As for the job training programs, I'm sorry but they're already abundant as it is. There's literally PLENTY of trade, apprenticeship, and internship programs if one actually looks for them.

I know plumbers, barbers, truck drivers, and auto mechanics who can vouch for the fact that there's NO shortage of training programs out there for their positions. In fact, many of those programs are practically BEGGING young men to join them and become a part of those occupations.

I mean....ffs, one of my older cousins who's an ex-convict was able to get into a program for ex-convicts that lead to him getting a job as a carpenter.

The job programs ARE out there. The trades ARE out there. The internships ARE out there. It's up to the young men themselves to take advantage of it.

No feminist or liberal is stopping a young man from applying to these programs or joining the military which also offers benefits to young men who can't afford college.

Dudes like Tate just like to latch onto conspiracies and Red Herrings to distract young men from the fact that they're often their own worst enemy and that them not being raised by strong fathers or male figures from the get go plays a much bigger role in their lives than whatever external force is supposedly holding them back.

@Iverson_64 where are the barber training programs at and are they expensive??

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
At this point I don't even know if it's lack of jobs or resources or if it's just late stage capitalism?

But we may have an issue with the disgruntled young men in the country right now. We even have some on the Coli. They're becoming pawns for guys like Andrew Tate ect. But what got us here and how do we or can reverse course?

Thoughts? :jbhmm:

Simply and cheap way?

Death.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Could you elaborate?
Well, when you nurture someone you take care of them, wipe their tears, clean their wounds, encourage them with kind words, listen to their needs and try to provide them, and help them grow. A lot of men forget to do that stuff for themselves and the people around them. A lot of men are hurt and jaded on the inside. Don't believe in themselves.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This is key. I think most of us have an idea of what the single parent household %s are. And it has to be brought up in any meaningful discussion about disillusioned boys and young men. There is no way that doesn't have an effect on all those kids growing up.
According to CNN it doesn't have a negative affect. People are saying fathers don't matter when in reality they do. Look at what happened to Terry Crews when he said fathers matter. Where do we draw the line at?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
fresh-prince-we.gif

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It was inevitable. This all started a long time ago before you and I were even born. Masculinity and femininity are supposed to be balanced in each individual, but people nowadays are out of wack. Too much yin and too little yang and vice versa.
Ah the root of the matter. No way is right but the way of balance, well said.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
As a person who manages a ton of young men, I will tell you that the best guys are usually in college or working towards a major goal. The worst at literally the ones who live in their mother's basement with literally nothing going on for themselves.

The key is having goals, being productive, and having hobbies that allow you to socialize.

I know people say "touch grass" but getting out in the world and socializing is really the key.
I don't know if a client list counts but I agree, goals are very important. :ehh: