How do we help or deal with all the disgruntled young men in the country?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Ah. Thank you. Wonder why they don't open up their own businesses. Probably funding right?

To make a complex issue of starting new manufacturing in the US
  • On a personal level - 1) Comfort and Fear and 2) lack of a personal rich network

• On an institutional level - Wall Street/Banking Sector really isn't funding these types of businesses (manufacturing loans for start ups, or from going to small to major)
This is well beyond Black folks, just part of the lack of industrial policy in the US (as compared to China)

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Understood, I do agree trying to get to a place where life works positively for you is a good idea.

Absolutely

Your environment, circle of trust, aspirations/ambition/work ethic, and support system are vital

But nowadays those environments got traded for living in and glorifying environments that are saturated with violence, theft, section8, etc

We traded the circle of trust with yes men and people who are only around for the good times and not the tough ones

Aspirations etc gets traded for impulse, fake it til you make it mentalities, and get rich quick schemes etc

Having a support system is frowned upon because if you aint 6ft, 6 figures, 6 certs you a bum who deserves no love or anything at all

Its fukked up

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Signs of the times sad to say. This has been long overdue to the powers that be. It started with the destruction of organizations, then the destruction of black families, and now it's all gearing towards the concept of individuality. This has always been the endgame to the machine. Too many of us, relying on us, will be dangerous to the public eye. Hence, why as black people especially black men need to seek knowledge of self and avoid the pushing agenda that's plaguing social media.

Throughout the past decade:

• The push of passport gang (instead of focusing on building relationships within each other as a black man/woman)
  • The push of destroying masculinity (noticed how most of the content you see involves black men being defeated, corny, and sadly gay...like a mythical creature, instead of a true warrior)
  • The manosphere nonsense (It goes into destroying the idea that the black woman is a flawed being, instead of realizing that black women are more needed, as much as they KNOW they need the black man)
Bottom line, in order to fix what needs to be fixed, its got to be "I am we". A new perspective of switching the game on individuality, to rebuild the family structure and community outlet. Keep the movement silent, welcome hurt people to cure them of their hurt, and just rebuild. The damage is done, but I always believed that nothing ends, but begins again. A complete cycle that will never change because let's face it, we as black people are resistant and as black men, we shall prosper beyond the anger and manipulation, as this shall too come to pass....

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I took my son and his homies fishing last weekend.

Taking them to a baseball game next week.

I find just spending time with them does wonders :manny:
That's good. Sounds like male interactions and spaces need to be created where older men can interact with younger men to set them straight.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That's good. Sounds like male interactions and spaces need to be created where older men can interact with younger men to set them straight.

Yea my era lacked a lot of male role models and we suffered tremendously from it. I know a lot of my pitfalls were from it.

My goal is 2 break that cycle.

I feel as a man of my age it is my core responsibility to assume the OG role.

Its working. They really open up and crave guidance believe it or not.

If you keep it fun and light and they get comfortable you can slip in some gems. When they open up I'm never preachy or judgmental either.

They're teens 2 so its a really tender age. I feel like its paying off. Some of his friends 2 have bum ass parents so thats why I bring them along. I can tell they really appreciate it.